What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rapidly yellowing leaves, deficiency?

A few weeks ago moved from CLF to CMH lighting. Three plants. One, indica, is displaying yellowing leaves in a high number. We’re talking 6,7,8 leaves.

24h lighting, watering every 2-3 days, no nutrients.

I’ve attached images. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo2037999.jpg
    photo2037999.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 17
  • photo2037999.jpg
    photo2037999.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 18
  • photo2038000.jpg
    photo2038000.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2038001.jpg
    photo2038001.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 18
  • photo2038002.jpg
    photo2038002.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 17
  • photo2038000.jpg
    photo2038000.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 18

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're starving, give them some food LiveFreeOrDie. Also a schedule of 18/6 works better for mature plants than permanent day.
Best of luck
CC

Chappi

I don’t like the dark veins/yellowing on the new growth. Check your runoff ph and try to give them some calmag but not a lot and see if that helps. Def N def but there’s something else going on. Maybe just adding some complete nutrient feed will solve your issues.

Growenhaft

for the two reasons mentioned. - nutrient deficiency and lack of sleep - I would still be interested in your pot size.
they seem very big to me. do the pots have drainage holes at the bottom?
you write you pour every 2-3 days, with what amount? is the water used directly from the tap? at what temperature?

in my opinion, watering is also wrong. We should also talk about this, because most problems start there.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, the biggest problem is under watering. The soil looks quite dry in the photos. CMH radiates way more heat than CFL lights so ou have to start watering them more often

Thanks for all the replies gang. It’s been a while since I’ve done a grow so I lost a lot of the knowledge.

For now I’ve got in reset to 20/4 lighting schedule and increased water frequency to at least every other day (going by dryness).

for those who asked, pot size is 2.5/3gallon. Been doing LST, thinking about reporting to 5 gallon soon. They are well-draining.

As for water, it is tap, but I leave it out in the sun overnight, I was told that makes tap water more usable. Water is normally 3/4 gallon between the three plants.

I will ph test soon.

Soil mix did have healthy level of perlite and worm castings.

Will look into nutrients/potassium/mag, any particular brands or products that you guys recommend?

Thank you all for taking time to reply.

Growenhaft

if google translated it correctly, add perlite and worm humus to your soil.
how much worm humus did you use? and what kind of earth is it to which you have mixed perlite and worm humus?

their casting method is unfavorable. they pour little per pot but often. the other way around, it prefers cannabis. only pour when the pot has lost a lot of weight and then thoroughly moisten it with the right amount of water.

With your current pot size, the medium should receive and be able to hold around 0.75 to 1 gallon of water per pot. Depending on the phase of the plant, there is no need to water for up to 10 days. With its current size, it can take 5 days before the pot is light enough again. cannabis loves the wet / dry cycle. and it is important for the soil so that a lot of oxygen can penetrate. 2/3 of the oxygen breathes away your soil life of the plant. worm humus stores a lot of water, which means that little oxygen gets in. at the same time, a lot of worm humus ensures that the plant has to absorb less water. because the humic acid of the worm humus makes it easier for the nutrients to be absorbed.

thus the center and the bottom of the pot will be permanently too wet, which in turn makes nutrient absorption more difficult.

Maybe you should use a scale to determine the weight of the pot if it has been properly soaked. and only then pour again when the pot has lost 50-60% of its weight. this will help you to develop a better hand for casting.

which fertilizers do you want to work with?
it would make sense to use a complete fertilizer that suits your soil.

you should rather be careful with the first fertilization. With 50% of the manufacturer's information, you are on the safe side with minerals. with bio organic you would have to see whether your soil fits in with it.

I would water every pot with 1 gallon of this nutrient solution. very slowly with several breaks. it doesn't matter if water comes out from the bottom, you'd better do it in a sink where the water can run away. the aim is to moisten the medium evenly with nutrients.

once you have done that, further aggravation should not progress.