What's new

Humidity in Flower 60%, growing with LED. How to decrease rh?

greenops

Hi fellow growers

I'm new to LED, I never had high humidity issues with HPS before.
This time I got 2 x 240w Kingbrite LEDs, both running at 60%. The temp is 25C / 77F. Now the tent avg 60% rh and peaks at 80%.
I don't plan on spending too much on something like a loud dehumidifiers as this is just a small test grow, but I still wanna get it done the best possible way.
The apartment currently avg 50% rh.
Any tips?

Thanks in advance?

Attachments

• photo2033621.jpg
    photo2033621.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 34
  • photo2033622.jpg
    photo2033622.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 34

RockinRobot

Humidity during lights on isn't really an issue other then perhaps throwing VPD off a bit. It's during the dark you need to worry as mold and mildew like dark and damp. If you have good enough ventilation it should equalize with your rooms ambient RH. Plants give off a lot of water during the dark period though and you may well have to invest in a dehumidifier. I personally keep my room below 40% during lights off

Brother Nature

In all honesty that's a spot on humidity level to have at that temp. 80% is high, do you know when that peak is happening? I wouldn't worry too much, but you could always try trimming up leaves a bit to decrease perspiration, I always run a fan at the bottom of the tent as well as I feel that increases airflow around the plants better than air from the top, I've also found LED grows seem to prefer higher levels of temps and RH than traditional HPS grows. I'd grab a laser temperature gauge and check the fan leaf temps against the RH and compare that to a VPD chart, you may be surprised at the results.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
60% RH sounds like a great humidity. Especially at 25C. 80.. not so much good humidity in flower. Key to removing humidity is venting it away.

Cannabis Critic

The answers above are excellent. Check temperature at growing tips and canopy. You should not be surprised by a -2 C difference. Use plant temperature to calculate leaf-canopy VPD.

Latest posts

Latest posts