What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stunted/ deformed plants

Bobinater33

Here is a gelato that survived my noob mistakes. It's growing rather odd. Pretty sure I did everything wrong for my first grow. Do these runts have any chance at a normal life?
IMG_20210325_065532.jpg
IMG_20210325_065530.jpg
IMG_20210325_065622.jpg
PXL_20210318_122247331.jpg

ElGato

Veteran
are they autos?
anyway if they are not .. the pots are too big for the size of the plants. As big as they are you could have them in 20oz solo cups which would be a much better wet/dry cycle for them

Gelatos that i've grown have a kind of wavy leaf thing going on a lot of times
so i wouldn't throw in the towel just yet, let em go and they should start to perk up with proper care and feeding

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Without knowing what soil and fertilizer you are using it would be hard to answer your question. 😎

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
are they autos?
anyway if they are not .. the pots are too big for the size of the plants. As big as they are you could have them in 20oz solo cups which would be a much better wet/dry cycle for them

Gelatos that i've grown have a kind of wavy leaf thing going on a lot of times
so i wouldn't throw in the towel just yet, let em go and they should start to perk up with proper care and feeding

^^ what he said ^^ I'd start there!

Bobinater33

Going to highlight the key phrases so save you some reading. TL:DR

These plants have been through some abuse at the hands of myself. First time grow. AZ legalized recreational use and cultivation, I had a blast from the past back to my teen years on overgrow.com. immediately bought some seeds. (Never order from high-supplies.com, growers choice seemed pretty good.)

Got the seeds and dumped in water. Being broke and impatient I put the germinated seeds into some miracle grow potting soil that had been sitting in my side yard for roughly 3 years. Next to my pump sprayer full of concrete edging compound, a broken tub full of chlorine tabs and overgrown with weeds and bugs throughout.

Used some white styrofoam cups to scoop themselves up half way put the white tails pointed downward, lightly covered with soil, poked a hole in the bottom, watered a d sat under a shop light.

​​​​​It took anywhere from 2-5 days for them all to pop but they all eventually did. From then I put them out under the sun in the morning and brought them in under the shop light at sundown..all whilst watering them with incredibly hard and alkaline (8-9ph) tap water..

After a week had past my Mars hydro tent kit with ts-1000 led came from Amazon.. by this time the variations in grown became obvious and seeds specific. My growers choice afghan did the best, second but not even close were the high-supplies.com afghan and the smallest most stunted were my growers choice gelato seeds.

Just now at week 5 have I completely repotted into black gold organic / perlite / good grade DE. 50/40/10.

I've mostly overcome what would appear to be a full scale capital insurrection carried out by fungus gnats. Not before I went full retard of course and used. Ortho home defense around the pots and inside the soil (didn't even touch the gnats btw)

Also to combat a large population of thrips I mixed an unknown Amount of tap water, dawn dish soap and neem oil (hey it's organic and natural , what could go wrong) into a spray bottle to drench the plants during the dark period.

It wasn't until I methodically did everything wrong did I consider measuring and adjusting the PH. Which the runoff was roughly 8.5 when I flushed with distilled water. Thought if I flushed again with water treated down to 4.0 it would offset to the ballpark 6-6.5 I wanted it at.

Now here we are almost at week 6. After I decided I might be better off if I did some reading ...
PXL_20210318_122247331~2.jpg
Screenshot_20210325-035901.png
PXL_20210315_052720734.jpg