What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trich check?

afman916

Got a fancy microscope from Amazon so it’s my first time really checking out the trichomes. Thoughts on where I stand? First is Violeta from Ace Seeds (60/40 indica/Sativa) second is Nepal Jam x Kali China from Ace Seeds (40/60 indica/Sativa).

actually they didn’t upload in order I selected them - order is Violeta Nepal Violeta Nepal Nepal

Attachments

• photo2029610.jpg
    photo2029610.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 21
  • photo2029612.jpg
    photo2029612.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 21
  • photo2029611.jpg
    photo2029611.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 19
  • photo2029613.jpg
    photo2029613.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2029614.jpg
    photo2029614.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 20

Klompen

There is definitely plenty of amber in there. I don't know how this strain matures but usually that means they're well into their harvest window. How is the larger structure of the buds? Are they looking finished in other metrics?

afman916

Nepal Jam started throwing out a second round of pistils about a week ago, I’d say 70% of those have died back but there’s still a number of white pistils. It’s the only thing giving me pause with that girl.

G

after clicking on the picture it brought it up crystal clear and large, i was looking at the thumbnail pic. looking good!

afman916

Brought half the Nepal Jam down on Saturday - trichs looked great, and I nuked a small bud in microwave to test high. It’s great! Gentle, active/social, no raciness - love it. Drying in a closet at roughly 62-65 degrees and 42-50% RH.

I do have another question that cropped up with this morning’s watering - I think I may have overfertilized my Thai Chi a bit, as I’ve read they’re pretty sensitive to nutes during flower. Some of the sugar leaves and topmost buds are a little crispy. I don’t think I can attribute it to temp/lights, as no other plants are exhibiting these symptoms and my temps are great (74-77) and lights are a good 24-30” above canopy.

My question is - can overfertilization cause amber trichs? When I checked her out with the microscope I noticed that some of the top buds had a good number of amber trichs, but alongside large numbers of clear trichs. I’d anticipate some level of amber trichs at this stage, but seeing that amount of amber alongside quite a bit of clear has me wondering if those amber trichs are more indicative of stress as opposed to natural maturation.

I can upload some pics later but just thought I’d see what everyone has to say, thanks!