What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Effects of different photoperiods on flowering.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
Hello again, I am new on the site and dont know if i am sending this privately or not but if you could reply in any way private or not would be greatly appreciated. I am confused on the timer. Im using the 24hr digital set at 7am on 2pm off then 2:01am on and 6:59 off then it repeats. I have know ideal if this is right or not but I can't think of any thing else to do. I would REALLY appreciate your help especially if this is going to hurt me.

Thank You
STR8SHTR

hey str8shtr
how did it go with that cycle?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I flower at 10/14. 10 on, 14 off. Been doing it this way for almost 20 yrs. Always with great results, no matter what strain. Flowering some forum cookies and gorilla glue #4 now with this light cycle.

oldbean

I flower at 10/14. 10 on, 14 off. Been doing it this way for almost 20 yrs. Always with great results, no matter what strain. Flowering some forum cookies and gorilla glue #4 now with this light cycle.

Interesting, I am thinking of using the same light cycle to help finish my Sativa's quicker.

How many people do this on IC? Just curious

Peace

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I still havent gotten a reply from the manufactorer of the IR bulbs i purchased about exact nm readings, i suspect them not to be in the range of far red so ive decided after reading this & other threads to switch to 7/11 (Blckbrd got me thinking) Im not sure why Blckbrd isnt using 6/12, ive only flipped them 4 days ago so things should be ok... @ Blckbrd, PM me pls, be good to get some infos... i cant mssg you for some reason... thx

The correct spectrum (710 nm-750 nm) LED far red bulbs are now available from several manufacturers. I use Philip's for it's smooth even coverage, but the other brands put out the same light, no links 'cause I don't know who is or is not affiliated with this site.

My indica's are now grown under far red and 13.5/10.5. The extra light gives increased bud size in the same amount of weeks. A added bonus is the strong signal telling the plant night has started also stopped those annoying little sterile pre-seeds from showing up anywhere in the buds. Nice.

The sativa's had to be removed from the room, to say they did not enjoy the extended times would be an understatement.

I gotta get me one of those far red lights Phaeton, I heard they save the plant 2 hours to go to sleep. The far red makes the plant go to sleep in 15 minutes instead when lights go off. That gives you 1 hour and 45 minutes extra you can use for keeping lights on.

Latest posts

Latest posts