What's new

1st grow pics..r they ready to harvest?

oldmantoke

Can anyone tell by these zoomed in pics if my ladies are getting close to ready? I don't have but a 5x looking glass and I can't tell if the tri's are cloudy or amber.

To me it looks like some are cloudy looking at the pics but like I said I am a newbie and this is my 1st grow.

Thanks alot. Also if this is the wrong forum, can you tell me where I should be posting them?

Oh btw, they are the freebie strain "Who's Your Daddy" that SD was givin out so there was no approx number flowering days.

These are on day 59

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Last edited:
Can you post a full bud shot? I am a newbie as well but it might give some of the other more experienced people something else to judge by;)

oldmantoke

if you click larger image you will get a close shot. i can't get the up close shots if i take a pic of the whole. im gonna go buy a hand held microscope that is 60x to 100x at radio shack today anyway and i should be able to see the trichs up close.

Pot Nazi

are they ready?

are they ready?

if you dont have a 30x, Iwould chop em if 50% or more of the hairs have turned from white to brown or any other darker color depending on your strain.

G

Get that microscope oldman. $ 9.95 at Radio Shack it works killer.

I find that the color of the hairs has very little to do with indicating if your ready or not. You can have 100% of the hairs turn from white to red and your still nowhere near being ready.

You'll get a kick out of the microscope also. I spend all kinds of time looking through it. It's like some science fiction stuff or alein landscape, really cool.

You will see the trichs crystal clear looking beads as they start to develope, at about 3 or 4 weeks until calculated harvest time, they will start to cloud up a little. Just starting to look kinda milky. Then you will notice as the week or so passes that the start to turn a slight brownish color or amber usually just a few at a time turn. Then as they begin getting more a consistant darker amber color your getting there.

Now this is the part that is a great debate.

The longer left maturing or turning a deeper amber the more couchlock or body high can be expected especially from the Indicas. The sooner on the maturity scale you cut them,for example if the tricks are just clouding up or even showing a little amber, the more speedy or cerebral the high, more active up feeling. I seem to like to catch it when 75 to 80% of the trichs consistant amber color but, I like the couch lock body high of the Indicas. And there is a point you can go to far and deterate the thc properties. The last week or so I see noticable changes to the color of the trichs daily. So, you can kinda tune it to your likes.

"If you think it's done wait one more week". SOMA

Early harvest will be speedy and mind racing compaired to devestatingly powerfull couch lock buds

Now I've added 24 hours total darkness (ala BOG) just before I cut and hang and seems to have made alittle difference to the plus side.

Again, I'm partial to Indicas or Indica dominant strains. Sativas, Sativa dominant, or early harvest Indicas amp me up way to much. I prefer to chill extreme.

Anyways, my .02 cents

Texas Kid

Latest posts

Latest posts