• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blumat auto watering

These are awesome.
    Compleatly adjustable.
    ALMOST foolproof.
    Have used them for two seasons outdoor and two grows indoor with great results!
    http://www.blumat.at/automatic-water...em.php#bltropf

Some handy links......
    Last edited by sunnydog; 10-25-2011, 07:25.
    SD

Blumats! Automatic watering!

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
    Leave dripper line at ~8cm. long.
    Give the pot a good watering.
    Insert B/M snugly into nicely compacted soil(not too loose) .
    Open till water comes out, carefully close until just a drop barely forms.
    Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows
    Adjust as necessary for a few days, then leave it alone!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~

do they require pump or just a reavoir

Comment

It uses suction, so just a reservoir. The smaller ones are great for houseplants, but you might need a couple for a pot 8" or above.

Comment

Similar to Plant Sitters

I use plant sitters, which are very similar in shape and function. They siphon from a reservoir of any size. Use them for my banzai mums so I can ignore them for a week or two at a time. Also for larger plants when I must travel. They work fine. You can get them on Amazon.

Comment

These use a dripper hose, therefore they can service a high demand situation.
          Res. needs to be about 6" or so above drippers.(I think they say 3-4)
          These DO NOT use suction to supply the actual water, ONLY to activate the pinch valve.
          Gravity supplies the water.
          The other kind, the water seeps through the carrot.
          With these, the carrot is just a sensor device.
          I am blow away more people don't know about/ use these.
          SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
          Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~

Comment

I have recently purchased these and am about repot with them and go into flower. Hopefully they are as awesome as people have told me they are...
            It was not a significant bullet. I am not afraid.

Comment

I use Aqua Bulbs, which are great. $10 a pop, but well worth it for a small garden when the gardener needs to leave for a few days to a week.
              Haze lovers read: "R" - "Indica Madness" circa 1983: 1 2 & 3

800 W vertical stacked vertical tent

Comment

ok, im sold....does anyone have a good US supplier? i need to water about 15 12" pots....

Comment

i found a couple places, like amazon, that only sell a few emitters....i want like 25 of them....any bulk packages out there?

Comment

i could use something like this.

to anyone that has used these. does it get messy with the hoses if youve got say 36 plants?

Comment

Originally posted by nugjar_mcdready View Post
                      i could use something like this.

to anyone that has used these. does it get messy with the hoses if youve got say 36 plants?

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=110619
                      SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

Comment

ive run these about 4 years now, have a look in my gallery for results

bests cmoon

Comment

Originally posted by CMoon View Post
                          ive run these about 4 years now, have a look in my gallery for results

bests cmoon
                          Excellent! Finally a fellow Blumatter!
                          SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

Comment

Anyone find any one other than amazon that sells these? It looks like amazon sells a version made by a company named generic. I'm not coming up with to many options to buy the blumat product....

Comment

http://www.thesustainablevillage.com...t/detail/35091

Comment

Working...
                              X