What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

opt1c's '08

opt1c

Veteran
Hey everyone... time to give some back to the community... i've learned a lot here and it's really paid off this year... long story short i'm growing two plants, soma rockbud clones from clearlake clonemart, in a custom build raised bed with automated drip irrigation. Questions or comments are always more than welcome... hell even some criticism would do me good. :joint:

Anyways here are a few pics of my last years outdoor... sort of a spur of the moment throw some plants in the ground type thing... the morning glory was all good and well until it started raining spider mites down on my kids... the pics speak for themselves... nothing to write home about... spindly buds full of bugs.... i would've sprayed the morning glory but i wanted the seeds :muahaha:
32566MJ_003.jpg

32566MJ_024.jpg

This year i decided to step it up... got some wood, some soil, and some other random stuff... made everything using a small 10" miter saw
32566CIMG0398.JPG

32566CIMG0399.JPG

32566CIMG0401.JPG

32566CIMG0403.JPG

32566CIMG0404.JPG

32566IMG_0275.JPG

32566IMG_0277.JPG

I only spray my plants before they flower... this is what they get.. i tend to alternate between azatrol and mg insect spray outside with floramite every 20days and right before they start to flower... i planted a tomato plant next to them which still gets sprayed although i cover the plant next to it with a poly tarp to block any drift but i digress
32566CIMG1084.JPG

And as far as nutes go this is pretty much what they've been getting.. i had some sample foxfarm concentrates which i used up but i had enough open sesame and beastie bud to last this grow... just ran out of the cha-ching, don't know if i'm spelling em right but i don't care, switched to the house and garden bud-xl because i had an open bottle.. all at recommended strength, more or less, don't bother with ph so much as the foxfarm big bloom is organic (as far as feeding goes i mix 2gal of nutes everyday, not religious about it, and hand feed with a watering can. the drip emitters come on as needed to keep the plants from dehydrating as the temps can get really hot.. they're connected to a timer connected to the cold water line for a washing machine i'm not using on the other side of the wall, i just ran the plumbing through the empty dryer vent)
32566CIMG1087.JPG

And now the pants...

@around week 5
32566CIMG0932.JPG

@week 10
32566CIMG1033.JPG

32566CIMG1032.JPG

32566CIMG1035.JPG

32566CIMG1046.JPG

To be honest i think they could go another 3 weeks and the temps will probably allow it... i'm wating to see if they start to change color as the night temps are finally dropping... oh... and in case you wonder what i did to prevent people from jumping into my backyard and taking my meds meet Duchess a.k.a. the ripper jacker
32566CIMG1094.JPG

That's all for now; again feel free to ask any question and i hope you've enjoyed the post so far. -opt1c :joint:

Last edited:

opt1c

Veteran
some new pics

some new pics

here are some bud shots; still @ 10 weeks... this time with a lighter for reference.. bonus points if you recognize where the lighter came from :rasta:
32566CIMG1105.JPG

32566CIMG1103.JPG

that's all for now -opt1c :joint:

MildeStoner

Veteran
looking nice, she is flowering slowly, yes??
lovely spot, well prepared, you should reap the rewards!!!

hamstring

Veteran
Looks like a real nice flowerbed. I could use a flower arrangement like that on my dining table. MMMM bud.

Nice job.

opt1c

Veteran
long overdue update

long overdue update

these pics were taken two weeks after the previous ones... forget the yield by now but i'm still smokin on it. might take some pics of nugs when i get a good camera again. :joint: -opt1c

and after the cut

enjoy

wdr

Veteran
realy nice plant, :) now we can see a diffrence between just growing, and GROWING (soil,nutrients and most important - care).

K+ :wave: