What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very late outdoor project

blackone

Veteran
I started a very late outdoor project this year - mostly because I never got around to it earlier...
Last week, around July 29-30 I put out a bunch of seedplants germed 2-3 weeks earlier. 2 days later the plants were found to have already grown a little bit - so apparently no transplant shock even though they were grown in the same container for the first couple of weeks and the roots were starting to tangle a little.

Slugs had killed a couple of plants but left the rest alone. I wonder how they look when I go back later this week to check on them... There is a real risk that they'll eat every single plant I have.

If they start flowering around 2 weeks from now and October is kind to me then I can hope for some nice mature bud. If not then it'll be a learning experience:)

Most of my plants are Royal Dane - an early Danish strain - while the rest is a mix-pack of unknown strains.

I've got some pics - will add them later when I find them but decided to post now before my stoner brain forgets when I put out the plants;p

blackone

Veteran
The general area - notice how light the leaves of those trees are and how lush the undergrowth is. They get lots of light here.

This is the soil of the area - pure black humus. Sorry for the shaken pic.

Royal Dane:

Pot-mix:

Smoke68

Nice blackone!
I can only wonder what you will yield of those little baby girls(we hope)
How long does flowering take for those Danes?

K

kallenavndk

Nice m8 the royal danes are auto flowering they grow fast m8

blackone

Veteran
I don't think I'll yield much - If I'm lucky then I'll get 7 mature RD females and 4 unknown, with 20-30 gram on each. If the males show early then I'll probably just make a seedrun to ensure plenty of seeds for next season.
Everything depends on how the weather and the strain behaves - some years offer nice September/Octobers while others are really shitty, with early frost or just lots of rain and wind. At the moment the weather is definitely going downhill - temps are dropping and it's rainy and windy. This will hopefully change soon, although it's gonna stay like this for at least 5 days according to forecasts.

blackone

Veteran
Slugs found them and ate everything - not a single leaf in sight just naked stems with slime.
I'll be back in force next year with some early genetics after scouting some more good areas, but I won't do it without doing something drastical about those bastards.
I'm happy I have my indoor grow to keep me happy.

Buddle

Veteran
Too bad man.Yeah i've seen slugs decimate a four footer overnight..
Esbe has some good slug traps made from beer or soda cans..for next year.

blackone

Veteran
Yeah I was considering using them but got lazy - stupid me.
Hell I have some extra clones - swt #3 might trigger and get half-finished mid/late October if I get lucky, but main objective is testing if the traps really work.

Last edited:

excalibud7

put these out july 4 weekend

and this one 2weeks but looks nothing like that now.....it has grown a little and has its full leaves back looking like mj again

and this one candy likes

Fat Tone

I don't know where your locted.But in the Midwest, you can put out till the end of July.They will still have 2 months to flower.I put seedlings out at the end of july and had them grow 5 feet tall when done.

I tried the beer thing.Its not that effective.I had better luck with these slug pellets I got from lowes.I made a barrier around the plants with the pellets.

Latest posts

Latest posts