What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Elevator in the Forest

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, I'm roughly at 53 lat., and I think it's the speed at which the daylight drops off here from such a long day in summer that causes problems. On June 21st we get about an 18 hour day, and I think it's the longer daytime in mid-veg that fixes them that way.

My Flos actually trigger around the 1st Sept., showing the first buds around a week after that. So eight weeks on, as advertised, they're ready. 1st Sept is about 13 hours 20 mins or so I think. But 5th November is only around 8 hours, so you would imagine they'd finish quickly, but they don't. My Grape Krush and Cocoa Kush hadn't even begun flowering last week...:)

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
good stuff elevator bro, your photo skills are unick!

love this lil leb27, its pretty easy to find it as a better yielder. happy you liked the smoke from it!
9533IGP5039.jpg

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks Esben - it's a shame the plant was so small, as it is (was) absolutely delicious, and more potent than I was expecting too! Sadly all the clones of this didn't survive either, so I'm back to square one now, but it was a great introduction to Lebanese genetics! Thanks again for that.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Some more...

Some more...

I paid another visit yesterday, as it was gorgeous weather, and I wanted to see just how much sun exposure they were all getting, and when they went into shade - most of them not until 5pm, which means they're getting a good eight hours full sun - when it's out!

Here's what I have to contend with - there's 7 plants in this picture somewhere. The bracken is six feet tall on average...:)

Nothing much to report, except that most are now flowering, other than the Mikado (predicted to be late!), and surprisingly, both Cocoa Kushes, which are only just getting going. So whereas most of the strains will trigger between 14 and 13 hours, Cocoa Kush definitely needs 12 or less, which I wasn't expecting at all. Whether they'll make it or not remains to be seen, but they look very healthy all the same. The Mandala#1 is easily the most advanced so far, and has bright red pistils - which is nice...:)

So here's a selection of a few that didn't get shown last time - with 17 plants left, it's quite a job doing them all...:)

Purple Flo:

Cocoa Kush:

Mystery Strain:

Mandala #1:

Grape Krush:

Abusive OG Kush:

Cheese X Purple Afghan (British Hempire):

Green Flo:

And I was just rolling a quick spliff in 'the den', and nearly sat on this cheeky chappie, which was just emerging...:)

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Magic!

Magic!

Amanita Muscaria. Make sure you cook it first!

Here's my outdoor Purple Flo for comaprison...photo taken 3 days ago:

Below are my two greenhouse Flo's:

Laters

smokeymacpot

Veteran
some of my lebs were the same, flowered mid july and recently chopped. its pretty.. but not very potent?? i can get quite high off it, but cannot get "stoned".
mine was almost black(purple) and all hairs brown
i have another pheno of leb27, but its come out as indica?? big fat indica leaves and fat colas.. i think i have a pic somewhere...
you want seeds for next year? msg me

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Hummus Monk - don't worry - it stayed in the ground! My days of eating Fly Agarics are long gone - didn't need to do that too many times to realise there are much more pleasant things to consume than those...they look great though...:)

Our Flos look to be in sync anyway...very nice...:)

smokeymacpot - I quite liked it - not the most potent admittedly, but great for daytime smoking, as it's quite an 'up' high, and the taste was just superb. The only 'indica' phenos I got were indica only in leaf-shape - they grew to 2 feet tall with only two sets of leaves and then got chopped...:)

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Elevator Man said:
Hummus Monk - don't worry - it stayed in the ground! My days of eating Fly Agarics are long gone - didn't need to do that too many times to realise there are much more pleasant things to consume than those...they look great though...:)

Our Flos look to be in sync anyway...very nice...:)

smokeymacpot - I quite liked it - not the most potent admittedly, but great for daytime smoking, as it's quite an 'up' high, and the taste was just superb. The only 'indica' phenos I got were indica only in leaf-shape - they grew to 2 feet tall with only two sets of leaves and then got chopped...:)

below VV the indica one is meant to be leb27, it smells similar, but even more stronger.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Wow - they look wacky indeed! Intense purple. I have to give them another run next time, if only for the early harvest...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well the deer are there, but they seem to be leaving the plants alone so far - fingers crossed. I'm going to pop out over the weekend and see how things are doing - we're getting a lot of rain at the moment, and I want to make sure the denser buds aren't getting any mold. Also get some more bat guano down before the next rain, which should just about do them until the end, I reckon.

Not sure if I'll bother taking the camera this time - weekly updates will fill up the gallery again in no time, and I'll need plenty for harvest shots - assuming I get that far...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
All are still fine - I didn't take many photos for the reason above, but there's one or two below.

Only bad news is that one plant, the Mandala #1 is still suffering from slight mold attacks - not the usual brown Botrytis on the buds, but white fluffy mold on a stem, which had caused it to snap over. The bud was still intact, and untouched, so I snipped it off, but I'm a little concerned that rot would attack open stems. This plant did show some problems a few weeks ago, so maybe it has a weakness in that area that others don't, as the rest are fine.

Mandala#1:

Early Special:

Funk (Skunk#1 X Flo):

xen_dau

Nice grow EM.... Just started reading and caught up... very nice indeed.

Oh yeah, buy some fox or wolf urine and spray near as many of the plants if possible...
I promise it only take a few drop around the plant.

Hey elevator, looks like your gonna have some tasty buds! lookin good. Just a question, does your plants have a deficiency? The stems are very purple almost red. Thats usually a sign of potassium def i think.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks xen_dau, but wolf urine is a little hard to come by in the UK...:)

Also they've had plenty of bat guano over the last month, so unlikely to be a P deficiency. Most of my favourite plants have red or purple stems - it's more a DJ Short thing than anything else...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Another visit yesterday, and more glorious sunshine - the weather has really picked up the last few weeks, witha pretty regular cycle of good rain followed by two or more days of strong sun, which is perfect, if it continues like that. I only hope it can make up for the shitty August we had, which has really held things back - now it's clear to me that yields could be bigger, IMO, although there's still plenty of time to go for most strains - they just lost that crucial pre-flowering blast of light in the 14-hour zone that they really need.

Only one plant showing any damage - the Mandala #1, again. This pheno really has a weakness for mould, and seems to have a new bit every time I visit. It did mean though that another bud got clipped off, which was bigger than last time, so at least there's a compensatory smoke! It looks to be about 1-2 weeks from finishing, assuming no more mould attacks, and although not huge, should probably produce an ounce to smoke whilst the rest finish.

Both Cocoa Kush are also struggling to stay upright - they're not rooted well, although large now, and are on the steepest part of the grow, so I had to really give them a re-packing and stamping-down to make sure they don't fall over again.

Purple Flo:

Early Special should be following that the week after, and I'm guessing the Funk (Skunk X Flo) and the green Flo, then purple Flo will be after that, around the end of October. After that, who knows, as most strains are about the same stage, with the two Cocoa Kush and the Mikado bringing up the rear - these may not finish in time, as even the OG Kush and Goldfinger, 10 and 11-week strains, are ahead of them!

Green Flo:

The Goldfinger is a pleasant surprise, as this pheno was trialled outdoors last year with promising results (for the UK!), although it was chopped too early. That won't happen this time, and it's purpling too, which it didn't before. Some really nice colors developing in there, as well as the Cheese X Purple Afghan, which is really looking interesting, and very pretty.

Goldfinger:

Cheese X Purple Afghan:

The Funk is the most colorful, but I can't tell whether it's struggling, or just finishing early - it's a very Flo-dominant pheno, so may be done quicker than I expect.

Funk:

Grape Krush and Hashberry:

I'll do another update when the Mandala comes down, but anyone has comments, fire away...

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
They all look so lovely!

I just added some more Flo pics to my greenhouse grow if you fancy checking them out? They're six weeks in now and one of them smells of licourice! No kidding! The other smells like a musky thief! And the third doesn't really smell yet but I have high hopes for it!

Whe you going to pull those outdoor Flo's? And in your experience do they take long to dry/cure?

Peace and out.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Hi EM! Surprising to see you doing an outdoor thread. Good luck and I hope the mold and deer leave your girls alone! :) That cocoa kush sounds nice.

Latest posts

Latest posts