What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spring Harvest crew..

wolfshadow

winter crop

winter crop

These have been outside since dec,5. I have put them in the tent 3 times so far.I forgot to get picture of tent :confused:
Except the one plant in forfront.Thats A C-99 about 30 days into flower.

wolfshadow

Kryptonites,Moonbeam

Kryptonites,Moonbeam

These have been out since dec,12th. That plant on the left is a Trainwreck/bluemistic male that will seed these for annual summer crop.Full term summer plants.

wolfshadow

I know this camera sucks!!! Or I gotta figure it out a lil better :confused:
I wanted to get these up so it would give yall a idea of what im doing here.I might be away from computer for awhile so If im MIA,I will get back asap..
<<ws>>

wolfshadow

Hashcravers TW xBM

Hashcravers TW xBM

This is trainwreck x Bluemistic I got HC awhile back.This stuff has great potential :whip: Figured I would put these here,to kinda keep things together.
The next pics I post of this op will be quite nice I promise :wink:

GuerillaGuido

Wolfshadow: i'm going to be doing a grow very similar to yours. Before I germinate my seeds, I want to form a detailed list of everything I'll need. The devil is in the details.

1. I'm going to use 9oz Solo Cups for seedlings and clones. Sound good?
2.What kind of soil should I use? If I buy Pro-mix, do i need to add other ferts? I've heard of people adding Fox Farm nutes and others say the seedlings don't need it.
3. I'll hit Home Depot and buy a few floros. How many watts did you get?
4. Clones will need: razor blade, jiffy pellets, Schultz's rooting formula.
What other fertilizers do you use? It seems that there are so many different ones, like ones for micronutrients and also supplements. I want to keep things simple.
5. Along those lines, let me describe my growing soil outdoors: rich forest floor soil. I'm going to use that, and throw in some organic ferts, 4-10-6, and a bit of dolomite lime to adjust ph. What else do you use? I know people go all out buying advanced nutrients, fox farms stuff, etc etc. What do you recommend I do?
6. Do you use Serenade for mold? Or do you just accept a certain amount of loss?

THis is a great thread. Everyone should benefit from it. Keep up the hard work, pal.
GG

G

nice post wolfshadow, very interestin, freakin to bad theres snow on the ground from end oct to april here, lol. aint growin nuttin here. so let me see if im followin you.

first crop has to finish before or at spring solstice, then your yearly crop, and another finishin late oct? bit confusin, lol

thinkin I could get some clones in a window here this month. there mature, and been under 24 hrs light.

right now im gettin sun from 7AM to 5:30PM, ill check each day and see what light im gainin. so its 10.5/13.5 hrs right now. full moon just passed. lmk what ya think, really would like to give it a go.

CBF

wolfshadow

Okay fellows.Im here to answer a few questons.
GG..
1.I like to start my seeds in lil six packs,and then transplant to cups.Since I have been using super starter plugs I have BECOME realy spoiled{I love them}.
2.For the soil mix,I would advize BOGs mix.He seems to have a good recipe.Mines about the same.
3.Walmart will have a better deal on shoplights.3 can handle atleast 72 clones/plants.240 watts.I have over 1200 wtts.You can get the plant/aquarium bulbs or just plain white.
4.I like things simple to:wink:.Soquick's method on cloning is the BEST out there.
I use super starter plugs from sunleaves.Dip N grow,and Olivias cloning solution.Wack em packem,and stackem:biglaugh:
5. I use nothing but what mother nature has to offer.I mean NO soil ammending at all.But I got MAGIC dirt.Many,MANY generations of INDIANS has fertilzed this dirt with atleast a million fires before I got lucky and found it.Here is a DAMN fine mix for outdoors with this method.Jamacan Bat guano.11 pound box.Worm castings.30 pound bag.Mix together real good.When you transplant from cups put a couple tablespoons in with natural soil and mix.Remember, with this method plants should NOT be outside for NO more than 65-70 days.This allows them to keep optimum growth and stay happy.
6.The mold issue is one of the reasons WHY I plant when I do.You see the spring harvest is the best FOR me because the humidity and atmosphere is not up to summer standerds.Its hot,humid,muggy weather that does the dammage.

First,There is NO spring solstice.Its spring equinox.12/12
The LAST of my THREE >>>>Waves will ALL be outside>>>BEFORE this date in mar.The light jump will be important for those further north,as far as the front side of the season goes.
The first wave should be ready latter part of april.
I hope I coverd it?
Good luck yall!!
<<ws>>

G

Ok spring equinox.....so with the natural light bein 10.5/13.5 right now. i stick my plants in the window, since they been under 24hrs of light, your sayin they will start to flower? or they wont flower till march21? seems you would need a sativa dom r tropical landrace for this lightin to promote flowerin.

CBF

full time daddy
Veteran
nice post bro......i did one last yr in my back yard from feb to april i have about 20 started right now that i was going to do the same with.....

im about to transplant them to day :) all come back with sum pic's when im done

wolfshadow

CBF said:
Ok spring equinox.....so with the natural light bein 10.5/13.5 right now. i stick my plants in the window, since they been under 24hrs of light, your sayin they will start to flower? or they wont flower till march21? seems you would need a sativa dom r tropical landrace for this lightin to promote flowerin.

CBF

No.Im not saying that at all.Yes they will flower if you keep them on a REGULAR dark cycle though,and stick to it.They should be out in the bush and flowering by mar 21.

I can make ANY strain;Sativa or Indica work with this method.
:wave:
<<ws>

wolfshadow

Mothers.

Mothers.

This is a shot of the moms out for the day catching a few rays :yummy:

The white flowers are Gerber Daisy's :chin:
The mj plant is out of the flower room just for the picture :canabis:

To be prepared and have ESTABLISHED mothers is key to having a good spring harvest. Another GREAT benifit if one chooses to do so is that you can leave a lower branch on the plants and hit them with a high nitrogen fert and in most cases the plant will revert to veg and go the whole summer for them monster plants :eek:

GuerillaGuido

yield

yield

hey man,

What kind of yields do you get from each plant? Say, average indica plant that's in the bush for 60 days? I'm not sure how high you veg them. Maybe a foot high after vegging and pruning for 8 weeks?

I was planning on vegging for like 8 weeks, then planting them outdoors in 5 gallon grow bags (because of flooding) and hoping for an ounce or two per plant. I know bigger containers are better, but what can i do?

I've been checking the change in my photoperiod and it doesn't ever seen to be greater than 2-3 minutes at a time. Do you think this is enough to reveg the plant if it's in maturity?

Later fellas
GG

full time daddy
Veteran
my spring harvast............

my spring harvast............

it got cold last night so there drooping a lil but soon as the sun hit them they come right out of it.............

G

So it should be about show and tell time again wolf :D

We want pictures
We want pictures
We want pictures

G

WS is out in the bush right now, I just got a call from him and will be back on line when possible. He can't wait to get back online

Take care and grow'em green

wolfshadow

GG,
The yield will vary depending how big the plant is when it goes outside.If I put a plant out in the 9 0z cups thats about 8-12" high.On normal conditions about a Oz per plant.
The ones your talking should give EASY 4 oz's per plant. Also if you bury them bags your plants will do MUCH better :wink: If you should have to move
{wich you SHOULD not} Then you can ease them out of the ground without doing any dammage to feeder roots that will grow out hole in bags.

You should be able to pull off a may harvest w/no problems.

I will update with pictures here soon.Things are moving along nicely..
Good luck yall!!
<<ws>>

wolfshadow

Also remember,Come may if you leave a bottom branch and hit w/a high nitrogen
fert,9 times out of 10 she will come back around for a second harvest.After these plants get back established to vegging they will grow EXTREMELY fast.As they already have rather large rootballs and should not re-flower until mid-late aug.
<ws>

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
sounds good wolfshadow...... can't wait to see the harvest shots!! :canabis:
Thanks for stopping by my thread and giving some outside pointers.....I can use and appriciate them. :friends:

Latest posts

Latest posts