What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn It's Bright Out Here!

starke

I have been growing indoors for a minute now and so far have been able to keep the misses and I and the immediate family supplied with smoke.

I live in an only partially enlightened state with legal medical that is still being litigated in the courts. There is no legal home growing of any kind. So I have been keeping it discreet indoors, even though FL is a wonderful outdoor climate for our favorite ladies.

My downfall is that I hate killing clones. I find myself once again with two lovely ladies, a Liberty Haze and a Hawaiian Snow that I have no room for. So...time to move outdoors.

I'm embarking on this grow on my own property and am trying to be as discreet as possible. Even though FL enforcement efforts are nowhere near what they use to be (helicopters etc) I don't see any point in pushing my luck. Accordingly I have planted against the backdrop of a wild tree line that affords some cover.

Nothing fancy. Dug a couple of holes, dumped a 2 CF bag of Miracle Grow Potting Soil and some additional perlite in each hole and threw some landscape cloth on top. I know, I know...I'm going to hell for the Miracle Grow so don't even start...

These ladies have been on an 18/6 light schedule so I guess I'm going to rig up some supplemental lighting for a couple hours a night to keep them in veg. I'm at 30N and have only about 13.5 hours daylight at present. Going to try and avoid the whole flower/revert/flower cycle.

So here I go. First time for everything. Weekly updates unless I screw up sooner.

Peace,
starke

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
:lurk:
Along for the ride... Hawaiian snow is some strong smoke, mine grew like a vine indoors

starke

:lurk:
Along for the ride... Hawaiian snow is some strong smoke, mine grew like a vine indoors

This cut I keep is kind of that way. A little slower growing too compared to most of my sativa doms. I have a Skywalker Kush I have not run in a while for that reason. Great smoke but a real challenge to get any yield from. Like trying to train a sweet potato vine.

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Today marks two weeks since these two ladies were rudely yanked from their Hempy cups and transplanted into the cruel, hard outside world.

They have spent most of that time trying to acclimate from hydro to Miracle Gro. Not an easy task but they are making progress.

I rigged up a couple of 25W LED bulbs on a timer to kick on for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. So far this is keeping them from wanting to flower.

Next update in a week...or maybe two.

Peace,
starke

Liberty Haze:
picture.php

Hawaiian Snow:
picture.php

techattack

It may need a batch of ferts, sometimes the soil is low in nutrients. U can make that soil a whole better. Try to make some layers of animals húmus (rabbit, chicken, horse) during the rest time, my father do a lot of layers of soil, com post and let it rest for a while before use soil to grow vegetables again.

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Today marks four weeks these ladies have been outside. They have begun to grow and are acting like they are digging the outdoor environment now.

I have not had to water since putting them outdoors and based on the 5.9 inches they have received in the last 36 hours, I doubt I'll have to for another week or so.

These ladies were topped for indoor growing so right now are growing kind of strange. In another week or so I think I'll throw some fencing around them for a little early training.

The ladies a minute ago:
picture.php

Liberty Haze:
picture.php

Hawaiian Snow:
picture.php

Peace,
starke

Crazy Chester

Beautiful starke - those plants are loving their new spot - with the help of that supplemental lighting (nice idea), they are going to be some big bud monsters once you allow them to flower.

Crazy Chester

seems some leaves are a little yellow. what issue it would be?

I think it was due to the roots having to re-set from hydro to the new medium before uptaking nutrients. So, the plants drew the nutrients it needed to survive the transplant from the leaves while the roots concentrated on growing through the new medium, rather than feeding. Once the roots were established in the new medium, the plants resumed feeding, greened up those pale leaves and started new growth. The same thing happens to me when I transplant from hydro to soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts