What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kernow Guerrilla

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hello folks,

After spending the best part of a week looking at what seeds might be suitable for my needs and changing my mind a few times I've ended up with these.

picture.php

Femaleseeds.nl - Purple Maroc for the main crop

Then a selection of Autos from Female-seeds.co.uk/Dope-Seeds.com

3 x Auto Amnesia
2 x Auto Diesel
2 x Auto Kalashnikov
1 x Auto White Widow
1 x Auto NL

Rain is forecast for Saturday so I'm planning on doing another recce of the potential site during the morning and then clear out the greenhouse and fix all the broken panes and attach the door back on in the afternoon.

The plan is to start the PM on the 1st March allow her/them one month in the greenhouse and move her/them to the site around the beginning of April, she'll/they'll have have to survive on her own for a while as it wont be light enough in the evenings for me to check till May, though i'll be able to check at weekends.

Then from May I plan on adding a auto to the site at three week intervals, this should allow me enough time to grow six autos and have them all out the ground before the end of September assuming that they will need 12 weeks each.

Naturally they will all be grown in the ground to keep them looking as natural as possible, I've got some compressed coco coir compost blocks that expand to 10lites, once I've dug the first few holes i'm just gonna chuck them in whole and leave them till i'm ready to start planting and mix with the local soil, with a bit of good old Fish/Blood/Bone to start them off.

If anyone has any experience with these budget autos i'd love to here what you thought.

Til Saturday!

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
My trip out this morning has been scuppered, had to take my girls to swimming lessons as the Mrs is hungover after a night out..

The greenhouse is a bigger job than I thought too

picture.php

Got to find an excuse to go out today.....

Big Eggy

Veteran
It's not the most well sited greenhouse... South is the back end.. I'll only be growing the plant for a few weeks before they go out in the cuds.

I went to the site yesterday.. Not as big as I thought and some trees may shade part of it but seem secure enough. I'll up some pics shortly, just need to change a tyre.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one, I'm pulling up a chair.
You're blessed with your southern long summer compared to us here in the north, keeping fingers crossed all goes well for ya and get to work on that greenhouse for everybody who can't have one!
CC

Big Eggy

Veteran
I've got new glass today but need to clear the whole thing out... Won't be able to flower in it as the Mrs won't stand for it, shame as the double garage would be perfect for an indoor grow.

Anyhow this is the site I've picked out... There is a faint trail to the entrance but nothing up there and in the summer we have coastal walks and a beach so think it will safe its pretty tough for me to climb up.

Entrance
picture.php

Site SE view
picture.php

Site SW view
picture.php

Exit down
picture.php

There are a few places near by I can see on Google maps one very similar (up high), another lower ground but out of the way though horse riders maybe a problem at ground level.

Other than the obvious walkers my only other issue is that the trees might block out some light.

Next job is to start prepping the site and put some natural objects in the way so I can tell if the site has been visited.

dugzy

Nice one, love the South West you can usually find me mooching around West Penwith in early June.

very best of luck with the guerilla grow.

a friend who has done guerilla for quite a few years has done the purple maroc a few times, the buds are decent but the hash they make is top notch.

All i can say about autos outside is beware of cold weather snaps early on, growth can get very stunted then bad yields from that. Some are really prone to mould too.

Big Eggy

Veteran
All i can say about autos outside is beware of cold weather snaps early on, growth can get very stunted then bad yields from that. Some are really prone to mould too.

Cheers dugzy I'll take that on board... Last time I grew autos was in their early days and they were small then.. Not expecting anything great from them now but have seen others have good results so you never know.

Found my glass pipe while changing the car tyre earlier... Someone (me) had hidden in underneath the spare wheel.. Lol

Got it soaking in vinigar to give it a good clean.

Big Eggy

Veteran
I had a feeling that this was gonna be hard work... My site has about 2inches of top soil then it's mostly small granite and shale rocks with the odd huge one thrown in for good measure. I kinda suspected this as I know what used to be here before nature took over.

picture.php

picture.php

The site lower down does seem to have signs of some traffic but does have once spot that you'd need to walk through a fair amount of thorns to get to, but anything bigger than 1m tall would stick out.. Maybe good for autos? Waterlogged at the moment.

KiefRichards

Very cool man! Its crazy when we waiting winter here in Finland u digging good holes in ground!:biggrin:

Good vibrations in u guerilla grow!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah you go sir, put them out there!
Are you putting anything in the holes aside from the plants ... any amendments to the local soil?
Up here EVERYTHING is waterlocked atm and already the next storm overhead...

Good luck for the grow

Big Eggy

Veteran
Local soil is non existent.. Its basically just granite and shale lumps.

I'll fill them with compressed coco coir blocks which are easy to transport with added multi purpose with John Innes No2 and some fish blood and bone. Also a handul of vermiculite... I don't think perlite will be needed as drainage shouldn't be an issue, if anything it might be too free draining.. Could use water crystals but never had any experience with the or the site so not sure.

Big Eggy

Veteran
I went back today to try and get the hole a little bigger but I've hit a big slab of rock, I've managed to carve out the sides of the hole so it's bigger than the opening.

Here's my UK Size 12 boot for comparison
picture.php

As mentioned before there is zero local soil, for convenience and stealth I've got loads of these compressed coco coir slabs. I'm just gonna leave one in the hole for a week to see how much it fills up. I imagine that they won't have much if any nutrients so will add better compost later along with base ferts and fish, blood and bone.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Assuming this site isn't compromised at least I'll be able to use the hole again next year... Still thinking on whether or not to do a second plant up here or go with autos on a different site.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good plan with the added nutes!

I believe the compressed type coco is has nothing in it and is really just the medium for the roots. I've been growing in coco for a long time, but never came across that brand, make sure you don't need to rinse it first (some coco can have salt left in it and needs to be rinsed I heard).
I'm sure it will be great!
I've always wondered about putting ganja plants all over the municipality, from seed and in plain view...to see wether someone destroys them or maybe they can even go unnoticed?
Anyways, great you're planting those ladies and growing ganja outdoors in the UK, more should do it!
CC

Big Eggy

Veteran
make sure you don't need to rinse it first (some coco can have salt left in it and needs to be rinsed I heard).

Thanks for that nugget of info.. I've never used Coco coir but was pretty sure it's inert hence the hydro guys using it.

I found a thread over at U K fourtwenty where they discuss this brand (poundshop special), they seem to say it's ok.. some say rinse and others using it as a soil conditioner.

I think i'll rinse the rest just to be on the safe side.. I will be mixing it with regular multi purpose compost and JI No.2, will also put some slow release granules towards the bottom of the mix for the later stages. I just need to find a cheap PK solution for flowering.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Just a quick update mainly so I can remember what soil mix I used is, 2 x Purple Maroc seeds will be germinated along side some tomatoes and chilli seeds an a small propagator.

Not very scientific but mix consists of:

4 handfuls of washed coco coir
2 handfuls of John Innes No. 2
1 handfuls of vermiculite.

I'm hoping the JI No2 will give enough nutes and minerals for the early stages, from my horticultural student days I think its a loam based compost with 2oz of base ferts per cubic foot, normally for potting on shurbs. I'll use the as the main component at the bottom of each hole for when the plants are big enough to handle it.. In the past it's served me well.

picture.php

Its still as low as 6degs C tonight.. Day time temps have been warm in the sun though.

Eggy

Last edited:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey Rudedog, think I remember you from back when mitchconner and SGS were running Autos about 10 years ago.

Been to the site tonight to take up some loam based compost more coco and some ferts.. I was pleasantly supprised that the block I left in hole number one had expanded and started breaking up.

picture.php

Hole number 1 is about 2 thirds full now 20l coco & 20l loan, I also mixed in granular ferts in the lower half NPK 7-7-7. I started digging hole number 2, its hard work as the ground is just rocks.

I hope this site works out so I can reuse the holes next year.

This thread should start getting exciting soon.

RudeDog

Veteran
Yes mate, good days. On to different things now. Am doing a few autos outside/greenhouse this year.