What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kaskadian's Late 2017 Outdoor Grow

Kaskadian

Veteran
Quick update folks!

Plants are doing well. There is some leaf damage from something munching on them, but the damage is minimal and just part of growing outdoors. No flowering yet, but I'm thinking they should be kicking off just about anytime now. I'm thinking the first week of August. According to Mr. & Mrs. BOG, the Bogglegum & Lifesaver finish approximately October 7th, and the BMR around October 15th. Granted, this is just an estimate and it'll take some observation of the trichs under a microscope to confirm.

All 3 of the Bogglegum are incredible growers. The plants are squat and dense. The vigor on these are incredible. The BMR is definitely a lot "stretchier" than the Bogglegum plants. The canopy is significantly less dense, and each offshoot tries to rocket up towards the light.

Attachments

• bg1-725172.jpg
    bg1-725172.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 21
  • bg2-725171.jpg
    bg2-725171.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 20
  • bmr-725171.jpg
    bmr-725171.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 18

Kaskadian

Veteran
Quick update folks... things are finally getting interesting. Tried to upload from phone, I'll fix the pictures when I get time to hop on the computer.

Attachments

• IMG_5282.jpg
    IMG_5282.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5266.jpg
    IMG_5266.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5270.jpg
    IMG_5270.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5291.jpg
    IMG_5291.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5292.jpg
    IMG_5292.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 14
hi, looking happy and healthy! whad day of flower is it when did your plants start to flower this year? i have a flowering delay this season caused by too good weather for my latitude:) sun, all day long, every day :D i feel like im in northcali

Kaskadian

Veteran
hi, looking happy and healthy! whad day of flower is it when did your plants start to flower this year? i have a flowering delay this season caused by too good weather for my latitude:) sun, all day long, every day :D i feel like im in northcali

45N (Northern - Central Oregon)

Started flowering around August 15th - 21st. :tiphat:

Kaskadian

Veteran
We've had some stronger winds lately, with the buds swelling more and more each day I'll need to do some additional rope work to keep these ladies from falling over. My largest BG girl ripped up the stake she was tied to. On the plus side, these winds are knocking off dead/old leaves. I need to get under the canopy to do some cleaning.

The EST harvest date is just under 4 weeks out on the BG & LS. Got a bit longer on the BMR. Excited to see how these ladies swell the last 2-3 weeks of flower.

Attachments

• 372.jpg
    372.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 350.jpg
    350.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 369.jpg
    369.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 370.jpg
    370.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 17

Kaskadian

Veteran
My brother stopped by last week. I had a super late start this season, but I'm still quite pleased with the growth on these gals this season. For a size comparison, my brother is 6'5" (1.95m/195cm). The other pics are the two girls he's standing between when they first went in the ground.

Cheers all! :tiphat:

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 294.jpg
    294.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 12

Kaskadian

Veteran
After 5 straight days of rain and storms, I'm keeping a close eye out for bud rot. Will do a close examination today.

Cheers guys :tiphat:

Kaskadian

Veteran
After days of storms and literally being broken in half these girls are carrying on like champs! The BMR girl is really getting a magnificent deep purple -- no doubt these cool nights are helping it along.

Cheers all

Kas

Attachments

• IMG_5566.jpg
    IMG_5566.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5567.jpg
    IMG_5567.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5568.jpg
    IMG_5568.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5573.jpg
    IMG_5573.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5565.jpg
    IMG_5565.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 16

Kaskadian

Veteran
Plants were chopped a few days early (one about a week) due to more rain coming in with additional high wind advisories -- already had 2 plants snap and get taped. Had issue with one plant getting bud rot, but I removed the bud and chucked it. I'll be keeping an eye on the rest of the flowers as they dry. Will update with pics after the flower heads into the jars. Overall I think it was a good season. I do wish that I had an extra week of time to give these plants, but the rains changed those plans.

Cheers all,

Kas

Kaskadian

Veteran
Most of the flower has been jar'd up. Have a little bit that's still too wet for the jars, but should be ready to go in a day or two. More pics to follow after they've had some time in the jars.

After 8 weeks of cure I'll also follow up with cured budshots and smoke reports as well.

Side note... on my personal stash I leave a lot of sugar leaf on. I like a bit of sugar leaf, and honestly I don't always feel like taking tons of extra time to make the buds "pretty" when it's for myself.

Cheers,

Kas

Attachments

• IMG_5773.jpg
    IMG_5773.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5756.jpg
    IMG_5756.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5755.jpg
    IMG_5755.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5750.jpg
    IMG_5750.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5759.jpg
    IMG_5759.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 11

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Good job man....BOG elevated potting method, I used to use many yrs ago!!!! These OG growers are good/ also the younger guys have great ideas. I'm a lil older but I like new info/methods to try. Always have a test plant to experiment with. Helluva grow