What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Late start 2013 lat 54.5

MJOFMJ420

BLACK ONE YOU ARE MY HERO LOL
LOOKING GREAT IM PROUD OF,, HOPE ALL GOES WELL
I SEE UR VISION . I WISH I HAD A SPOT AROUND HERE TO DO SOMTHING LIKE THAT

blackone

Veteran
Thanks I'm flattered:) A real hero would have gotten the plants out on time and would have had trees by now tho;p
Got a few tomatoes in the garden:
Behind them a few autos that are almost finished, some Pot x Freja that will be pollinated and finished here and also my Nuggit plants. I repotted into 1l pots and will put them out on a spot in a week I think. The roots should be able to hold the soil. There was some slug slime on them last morning but nothing was eaten - this strain grows rough fanleaves with lots of cystolith hairs.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Thanks. Went out today to fence in my Nuggit spot and also put 4 in the ground
Didn't get photos because I was busy and it started raining. By the time I got to the pot x freja spot it had stopped.

Some plants were too far in flower from being root bound to veg. Maybe they will do a half reveg on me or maybe they will just finish early.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
late also

late also

I'm 50 miles or less from Canadian border. Very late start for outdoor grow. Started seedlings with no veg {sink or swim] kind of deal. Heavy rains covered all but one in clay. Re popped 6 more beans and let them come up on own but I used good topsoil not the natural soil. 2 Ganesh from Mandela seeds and 4 Maui X LA Confidential from DNA Genetics. 5 females 1 Ganesh male. I'm going to let the male cover the ladies. He is a very impressive stud! 2 of the 4 females are true breeders the other 2 will be given away after harvest. I will have to move them back inside to finish as we will have snow here about October 20th. I hope to keep outside till mid September. :thank you:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Blackone, I have never heard of that hybrid before. Is that a cross you came up with or from a seed bank? Thanks Good luck with the grow.

blackone

Veteran
The Pot X Freja is a cross I've been given by a Danish grower. Freja is based on indoor genetics and the "Pot" is a line of Danish outdoor that has been given indoor genetics from time to time as far as I know. It gives plenty of resin and is pretty potent. Mold resistance varies. I'm growing a mixture of F2 and F3 I made last year.
Nuggit is Phil's Erdpurt * E-rocket/Danish Passion - an early Hybrids From Hell cross that came my way and I call it Nuggit because it usually grows some nice tight nuggets. Potency is not bad and when I grew it 2 years ago the mold resistance also seemed pretty ok. Also growing a mixture of F2 and F3 of these - mostly F3.

blackone

Veteran
A few pics

A few pics

These pics are not very new I'm afraid but I want to log these.
From Aug 25 the 4 Nuggit I got out there. Didn't get the rest outside and I'll just finish those on my porch:

From Aug 29 the Pot x Freja. Starting to get overgrown in stinging nettles.

After a bit of chop'n'drop:

The flowering ones decided to reveg anyway. Some of the old flowers mass caught a bit of budrot... Might have to go out there to trim it away to provide for a clean flowering of the second flower burst.

blackone

Veteran
4 nuggit plants in the wild. I need to go out there to pollinate and get some clones.

Last edited:

great brozini

Looks like you will definitely have something to look forward to this fall despite the late start! Best of luck with the rest of the season

blackone

Veteran
Yeah I got something to harvest this October for sure if the fences are adequate. Took a trip out there to cut Nuggit clones and pollinate some of the buds. Only 2 of the 4 plants were cloned because one of the others is a late bloomer and the last was turning yellow for some reason. The 2 I cloned were both entering flower for real with resin starting to form.

Pot x Freja spot looking better every time I visit. Some of the buds from the rootbound flowering were getting moldy so I harvested those. The revegged branches look ok and will be ready medio October.

One decided to be later than the others and instead grow quite big - I hope it will finish.

Last edited:

neongreen

Veteran
Looking good blackone. I'm just starting to see frost on mine too (about 52N). Hope you get some nice nuggs.

Are those fungi I see in your pics?

ng

blackone

Veteran
Yeah those are some fungi growing - I also found some in the other plot that I thought were P semilanceata but on closer inspection they weren't;p Found the real deal yesterday in a sheep pasture though.

neongreen

Veteran
Fungi at the grow is always a good sign IMO :) I should go out shrooming - it's been such a long time sine I have. I keep forgetting it's that time of year!

blackone

Veteran
Harvested a few plants but still got around half of the plants left - those are also thr largest ones because they grew a little more before flowering.