What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HUNTERS vs. YOUR CROP

• Thread starter Plant n Prosper
  • Start date

festerous

Veteran
If it's public land I wouldn't worry about hunters too much as long as you choose an early finishing strain.

B

BasementGrower

just becareful .. and dont go out there during prime hunting times honestly. im in the same boat.. i just moved for the 4th time in 3 years.. and this time due to my brothers health. so now that im in a new state. im lookin for good outdoor spots.. and everywere i go is full of atv or dirtbike tracks. so im thinknig of just running 2 plants per spot and doing a ton of spots.

and if u got your birdwatching shit.. with u .. then i wouldnt be to worried seems like u got ur story down pat.. just dont go full into details .. most people will not even talk to u .. lol .. but some hunters mite..

im lookin for spots that are no hunting.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
If it's public land I wouldn't worry about hunters too much as long as you choose an early finishing strain.

You obviously don't know much about hunting.

Public land is fair game and there is hunting seasons all year.
More then just for deer, there is seasons for rabbits, bears, birds, water foul etc...

I know a lot of hunters and they usually start going out and scouting in like August and September to get ready for the winter season.

The likelihood of getting questioned by a hunter is unlikely on public land but if they take notice of your spot there may not be anything left come harvest time.

You really have to know your area, deep woods would be best or some place that is hard to get to.
Keep an eye out for signs of hunters, like blinds, tree stands, bait stations, trail cams, bullet casings or trash. Hunters are usually territorial and will go to the same locations year after year.

B

buddymate

trail cams
A lot of bone hunters stick these out pre-season along trails to profile buck in the area....Smile,your on camera....be careful carrying your kit in.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
hunters will kill U'r crop...just for sumthang to do while waiting on a beast to KILL

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That bird house is for wood ducks and around my area the DNR put them up all over on public land.

As for hunters some are cool and some are pricks. Just have to be sneaky like a ninja all the time. And if you ever do encounter one just be nice to them. Most people only become assholes if your being the same to them.

festerous

Veteran
Last year I looked for large overpriced parcels of land on CL with out of state owner's. You would be surprised how much you can find out from a short phone call. How's the hunting? Open areas? Do you visit much? etc
Once you have all your info start asking about owner financing with no money down to scare them off.

scruffy

See if you can get a copy of the Plat Book for your county. Usually sold by 4H or Extension. That will have some owner information, might be outdated though. Also check to see if your county has a mapping or GIS department, or if the tax office keeps maps (they do). Also check your state GIS agency, they have all kinds of crazy data that you can download and look at, or even clip and load on your GPS. Just not the GPS on your phone, that's easily tracked, even long after the fact. That's why I recommend the hard copy Plat Books. Also, there are several companies that make really good "Sportsman's Atlases" with topo maps and public lands/game lands all marked out.

A

ak-51

I think you're going to help yourself by not trashing the land.

If somebody comes out and sees nute bottles and other assorted grow trash everywhere they would probably be more angry then if they just found some bare plants growing in a clearing.

Of course there's going to be a portion of people that just don't like weed plants for one reason or another and trash or no trash isn't going to make a big difference to them.