What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HUNTERS vs. YOUR CROP

• Thread starter Plant n Prosper
  • Start date

festerous

Veteran
If the "right spot" is not within x amount of miles how far should one travel to meeet your expectations?

zuppadineuroni

Today im going to dig holes for the outdoor. In the weekend going to a remote place to start a guerrilla.
This year i havent money so i want to make a good soil for plantig.
I havent money for allmix by biobizz or similar.
I think a good soil and add worm humus,dolomite lime,some perlite.any advice? Im in italy,spring is arrive,weed calls!!long live the weed.guerrilla growers united!

A

Alone

Good luck with your grow this year PlantnProsper.
There are hundreds if not thousands of places like this all around New England.
Just be carefull. Sometimes hunters arent really hunting game. There out there hunting guerilla grows so they can rip a crop without doing any of the work except harvesting your hard work. Theres a fine line between getting good sunlight and keeping your plants hidden well.
I sure hope you get the 30 lbs your looking for this year.

This is my summer where Im gonna make or break myself. Im growing 150 autos outdoors. Im hoping to get atleast 300 ounces in 90 days. By July 31st.
Thats still only 18 and 3/4 lbs. I have 2 friends that have land in a big, busy city that were gonna try and do 25 autos there on May 1st, and then start another 25 on July 1st.
Then at my other friends we are gonna do 25 autos on May 1st then another 25 autos on July 1st.

The last 50 autos Ill be doing guerilla style in a spot just like yours. Off a swampy marsh. Except its private, state land, and noone is allowed on it. So no risk of hunters, fishermen, dog walkers, or bird watchers.
In the mean time, Ill be doing 3 indoor grows in 3 seperate locations so I will be harvesting my OD's and my ID's meds at the same time.
How do you cure 30 lbs of bud? Not in 1/2gln glass ball jars right? You would need like 240 of them. LOL.
Maybe put the dry flowers into a huge plastic bin with a top, so you can open it daily? Ive never had but 1 lb at the most before, so I dont have a clue how to cure this much bud.

Last edited:

scruffy

I will be doing all of that, I read in my guerrilla book that tax offices have maps just like you mentioned - and that they can't ask you why you need to look at them (by law) so I might take a trip to my local tax office. Will they have maps for the entire state you think? Or do I need to go out to the town my site is located in? It's about 40 mins away from me btw

Thanks for all the info bud, this post helps me a lot. Appreciate it!!

Sorry, missed that question. Pretty sure that plat information and tax maps is by county, depends on which state u live in. I'd research the state GIS website, might be hosted by a state university. They will have aerial data (real orthophotos, not Google Earth crap), shape files of public land, wildlife and hunting data, fishing data, you name it. Most of them will let you "clip" the data you need, such as one town, county, etc. Only downside is you'll need a decent computer to display a lot of data at once. Best of luck, we're all in this together, even though some people forget that in hubris.

ghostmade

Veteran
@ PNP-yea I know his type all to well (got a brother jus like him).cant do nothing but feel sorry.lol must of been to the chain gang!lol foreals

@ alone turkey bags are where its at can fit a # of kush in the but just use 8 o's to be safe.

offthehook

Veteran
Quote Pn'P: They're pretty acidic so I'm adding 5-10 lbs of lime to each of my tubes. In Subcool's recipe, this would be WAY too much. Unquote.

Also in mines ^^

You seriously got to do some ph probes P'nP.

I saw your tubes and am familiar with the type of swamps you plan growing in (Ph here is between 4 and 4.5), > I'd rather suggest a 250/300 gr down at the bottom and 250/300 gr mixed within the remainder. Top max.

With that much lime your ph will get like 8.5 or something. No way the accidity can counter act that much lime ime.

Lime keeps releasing +ions over a long long time. The +ions in that much lime will outnumber the -ions of the swamp, hence keeping your ph way too high while probably getting even higher as time goes by.

P

Plant n Prosper

Quote Pn'P: They're pretty acidic so I'm adding 5-10 lbs of lime to each of my tubes. In Subcool's recipe, this would be WAY too much. Unquote.

Also in mines ^^

You seriously got to do some ph probes P'nP.

I saw your tubes and am familiar with the type of swamps you plan growing in (Ph here is between 4 and 4.5), > I'd rather suggest a 250/300 gr down at the bottom and 250/300 gr mixed within the remainder. Top max.

With that much lime your ph will get like 8.5 or something. No way the accidity can counter act that much lime ime.

Lime keeps releasing +ions over a long long time. The +ions in that much lime will outnumber the -ions of the swamp, hence keeping your ph way too high while probably getting even higher as time goes by.

Noted. I threw the 5-10 lbs up there as an estimate, my book from Vinnie Kaz recommends that much but that looked to be a lot to me as well. I'll def test the pH once my mix is turned and in my tubes, only thing is it might be hard to add more lime to an already-saturated soil. hmmm, what to do what to do.

I read that lime stabilizes pH and it won't go over 7.0 though, correct me if I'm wrong. The biggest obstacle I have to tackle this year is dialing my mix down proportion-wise. I don't have much experience in that area, so if I do fuck up it's going to be with my mix lol

offthehook

Veteran
Poor water in a cup, add lime as much as it will dissolve. Stirr and let stand for 24 hours.

Poor sludge down coffee filter > measure the 'milk' for ph & ec.

Doing these simple steps will already give you an indication of how strong lime you got.

Thing is, if your ph gets real much higher as was planned for, no big buddies are to be expected.

I'd realy like you to do some PH sampling P'nP.

It's not realy that much work and can definatly make a hell of a difference by the end of season.

Point is, I see all the enthusiasm you put into this and would not want to see you fail.

With the amounts of lime you had in mind I'd see you ending up way out of favorable limits.

Anything between PH 5.5 and 6.8 would be cool, but the closer you can hit the 6.0/ 6.4, the better it'll be.

NorcalBob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to apologize for my words last night, not the way I want to come off and I was out of line.

offthehook

Veteran
Thanks offthehook, I'll be sure to test pH and make sure everything is prime before dipping roots into that mix this year!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but testing soil pH is done by taking a sample of the mix and sloshing it around in distilled water; then straining out the water and testing that solutions pH? I might make a few test mixes with different amounts of lime so I don't waste time by making large batches of acidic/alkaline soil. Then follow the ratios when mixing my real mix. Whatchu think?

Sounds about allright by me. :)

Try using as little amount of water as is possibly needed for your pen to read.
This way you could simultaniously also be able to check upon Ec.

offthehook

Veteran
If they play that game where they hide a flag so the other team needs to find it you're prolly pretty fucked yeh.

Maybe I would try to find out more about the nature of their activities overthere.

Those clubs are all different. Sometimes they are more like a play/kinder garden. Some set up camp and try doing a bit of semi survival. Some only come together to play with some stuff/tools or bake pancakes in a bonfire.

Yes, I am concerned they might find it and be 'High five on safari' heroe's, lol

How active is that group?

How many members do they have?

How oft do they meet?

At our nearby scouting property I definatly would not wanna grow for sure. They 're pretty active.

scruffy

Don't put too much effort into your backstory, man. If the plants are found by scouts in July, somebody is gonna remember the birdwatching guy with all the questions about scouting activities, which is a real concern for them. Guy who claims to be "birdwatching" is asking about when scouts are camping at a certain spot? The pedophile bells start ringing, and a scout leader is required by law to report shit like that. Be the grey man, think of ways to get the information without anyone remembering (or knowing) that you got it. Don't get too tied up with one spot, pick 10 and then eliminate from there. Don't mean to sound like an ass but the more times your life and that spot interact starts a pattern that can be seen long after the fact. Keep it random- 3 ways in and 10 ways out.