What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buddah Watcha 2013 Outdoor Season!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
So here we are, new year, new plans, more knowledge and wisdom, and higher goals are set!

Last year we had a great outdoor season, was able to harvest some good quality smoke that should get me through this year, hopefully till the next harvest! However, it was a great learning experience! A lot of mistakes were made but that is the only way to learn! We had a rough start of seeds, a mix of bad soil, which resulted in poor roots, which slowed things down a bit! Also, we forgot to put slug bait the first week out, which also slowed things down a lot! We didn't write down the amount of plants or their location and this resulted in some nice surprises and almost on a disaster!

Some genetics used last year weren't the greatest and that resulted in some shitty smoke that had to be sent out to the streets! This year I did some extensive genetics selection, and also know what to expect from what we ran last year!

The holes we prepared last year weren't big enough, we didn't have enough time to prepare them. We also underfed the soil, which resulted in hungry girls by the end of the season!

So enough bragging about last year, here's the plan for this year: bigger holes, more nutrients, better genetics, better planning, lot's of clones and more love to the girls!

The genetics this year will be mostly HFH (danish cheese, brown super 07, and a few others) and LouDog's Casey Jones x Sour Bubble IX1, which was the best last year!

We'll be starting 30 seeds this week, on straight coco, about 15-20 CJxSB and 2 out of each others. From these, they will be put on flower indoors and the best females will be selected to be turned into mom's and from these we will be taking out clones and putting the out on the middle of May.

The holes will be at least 25+ gallons, hopefully a few 100 gal holes and some in between. Peat, perlite and compost mixed in equal parts, and some fresh homemade EWC, amended with some all purpose organic fertilizer (dr.earth or espoma), dolomite, humic acids, and some mycohizzae fungi when transplanted.

Here's a rough estimate on the breakdown of the dates:

• Jan 25th start seeds
  • Feb 20th take clones and turn into mothers/flip to 12/12
  • March 5th clones (mothers) rooted
  • Apr 30th finish flowering/select best females/kill runts/Take clones from mothers
  • May 15th Clones rooted
  • May 25th Clones out

The plan is to have around 30/40 clones rooted with a few days veg by end of May, ready to go out!

The location is 42N, same as last year, on a private 50+ acres property, you can check the last year grow in my signature in case you haven't yet. It's its pretty marshy type land where I don't need to worry about watering my plants at all! :)

If anyone got any critic or suggestions, your are more than welcome to post it ;)

thank%20you.gif

Cheerz

MelloYello

I am at 38.5N, and as far as the clones, that is the exact schedule that I do.

Clones out around the 22nd. I have a supplemental lighting set up for the first couple weeks out, only because my house has trees in the neighborhood that block some sunlight. It is set up one half-hour before and after sunset/sunset on June 5th. Then, a couple weeks later the best clones go to their spot in the ground ( different location with no trees). Start 2-3 times what you need to make sure all plants that end up in ground are vigorous.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I am at 38.5N, and as far as the clones, that is the exact schedule that I do.

Clones out around the 22nd. I have a supplemental lighting set up for the first couple weeks out, only because my house has trees in the neighborhood that block some sunlight. It is set up one half-hour before and after sunset/sunset on June 5th. Then, a couple weeks later the best clones go to their spot in the ground ( different location with no trees). Start 2-3 times what you need to make sure all plants that end up in ground are vigorous.

Hey MelloYello, thanks for checking in bro! I don't have the option of adding additional lighting but I'll def keep an eye on the light schedule to prevent early flowering!

I'll definitely consider taking more clones than needed and selecting the most vigorous one! :)

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey Rob, nice to have you here bro! :) I hope you got things started as well, wanna see what you got planned for this year!

Coloradcannabis, currently we got 12 CJxSB IX1 started and 2 of each other ones, which are mostly HFH strains such as, Danish Cheese, Brown Super 07, ErdpurtxBambata, Deep Passion, b3N7 Erdpurt, Hashplant, Arnes Snowdog and Mors Iran. Not exact sure, bc growbro has thangs started over his place, but thats the lineup we are working with this year. We also have some Weedbeat seeds, but not sure they are going to make the OD.

I also forgot to add, that we will be also amending the holes with Azomite!

Thanks for checking it out guys!
Peace!

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
hey buddah,
i am in for the season - have a good one!
hehe, i decided to not work with clones that much this year (only for the replacements of the males that got pulled). the rest will be seedlings, brought out after 2-3 weeks of nurturing those little babies at home. those seedsling plants turn out to get much bigger and be much more robust (talking thick well connected side branches) than clones.

anyways, it should be a good year for us all, i hope.
easy man :tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
hey buddah,
i am in for the season - have a good one!
hehe, i decided to not work with clones that much this year (only for the replacements of the males that got pulled). the rest will be seedlings, brought out after 2-3 weeks of nurturing those little babies at home. those seedsling plants turn out to get much bigger and be much more robust (talking thick well connected side branches) than clones.

anyways, it should be a good year for us all, i hope.
easy man :tiphat:

Hey Eugen, big ups brotah! Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that fact, will definitely consider it! The mothers will definitely be put out, probably gonna get a solid few months of veg and hopefully be turned into monsters :)

I'll be keeping a close eye on your thread, enjoyed the show of last year, and best of luck to you too!

Much respect!
Peace!

L

LouDog420

Should be a great season with this early of a start! Tagged up :D

G

Gunnlæif

Hey buddha, saw your thread and it just got me motivated to get some things in order for this years outgrow...will be running again Sweet Seeds Mohan Ram, S.A.D.s1. 1st year of Dinefem Blue Widow and High Grade's Black ice.

Good luck and i'll be taggin along.

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Sounds good buddah! looking forward to this OD log. last years harvey was good for you and the A.D. was looking good. CGC might come off rude to some but he is a seasoned vet so his knowledge is most accepted when it comes to outdoor growing. I plan on running 1-3 Big ole plants one being ECSD. Already got my cuts vegging out atm so im aiming to plant outdoors around the 3rd-4th week of march if N.E. wants to provide with that date. My holes are gonna be 4 x 4 x 4 so im hoping that will be plenty of room for there roots to grow. Looking forward to your log man most def! always been a fan buddah.

Subbed
NEG978

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
TheJointedOne, hey man, welcome! It's all good about GCG :) I don't take it personally, but I wish he could recommend me a way to make it better instead of just saying it sucks :D but it's all good!

Gunleaf, welcome brothah! Do work man :) Not familiar with the strains but they sound pretty good to me lol Best of luck this year man!

NE_GROWER_978, hey NE, good to have you here bro! Just be careful on putting clones out too early cuz they might start flowerig early and then re-veg which can slow things down, theres a sticky that talks about this on the OD section! Something to keep an eye for! But good luck on whatever you decide, I'll be watching :)

So we got some seed's started already, things going good! Everything is up to plan and in the next few months the real labor starts (digging holes and hauling dirt)! Best of luck to everyone, lets overgrow the world this year!

:thank you:
Peace!

Good luck Buddah! I'll definitely be watching again this year :)

I'm planning to do fewer plants this year, but more soil, better soil, better spots, and real genetics instead of bagseed. Already ordered the seeds and started working on my spots. Fingers crossed for a good season!

B

bajangreen

hey Buddah Watcha i am watching your grow, keep up the good work.