What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte's '06 Garden and Tilted Outdoor SCROG

Butte

Veteran
Hell all

Been a really busy spring this year and I finally got the ol' camera back, so I thought I'd start a thread on what I've been up to. First off, a little bit of theory as to why I did things this way. If you scrolled down to the main garden picture, the first thing you'll probably notice is the tilted outdoor SCROG; I'm calling it TSCROG for short. The idea is to combine the benefits of scrogg'ing with the efficiency you see with the tilted orientation of solar panels and the cranking power of the California sun. By the end of the season, all of the colas should get the same full sun; no shade. Also, I was able to cover the frame with plastic for an early season cold house. I ran electricity out there which allowed me to use supplemental lighting and to now listen to tunes while gardening. Total screen size is 12’ wide by 6’ tall. Here's a couple pics of that shot back on 4/20:

This year I was providing clones to quite a few med patients in this area and this little greenhouse really helped. Next year will be similar, but with a little different approach. Here are the ‘orphans’ that are still waiting for their owners to come pick them up:

So, without any more chatter, here’s an aerial view of the main plot:​

The containers are hand-made from 30” tall fencing surrounded by landscaping cloth and filled with 125-250 gallons of soil. The NWm and the PKm are both in slightly smaller containers than the others, but still check in around 130 gallons each. So, here’s the right side of my TSCROG now:​

This plant is ‘Rocky Mountain’, a strain that came from Colorado about ten years ago and I’ve been working with. Some have said it’s got AK lineagae, but most people disagree with that statement. Anyway about it, it’s one of my favorite smokes still.

Moving around the space, we see a Romulan I’m also trying in the TSCROG. The sativa-dominant strain seems to do much better than this Rom, but a little mouse took out a large branch in the center front a week or two ago and changed the whole shape. Damn rodents.​

Next up is the NW mom I used this last winter. I know a lot of people say mom’s don’t produce like seeds or fresh clones, but I had a buddy pull an average of 7.5 pounds a plant last year using moms, so we’ll see! :smile:​

This is a PKm I had to pull do to heavy triggering. I’ve been too lazy to haul it out and too soft to kill it.​

This is the Purple Urple mom that also got used last winter.​

Here’s the PKm I had to replant.​

And a Purple Urple to replace a PK7 that triggered on me.

Another Northern Wreck.​

Here are a couple pictures of a Rocky Mountain I’ve got stashed out in the sun. Can you see it?​

Here’s a view from the top. I’ve got some high hopes for this one…​

...and, finally, the space I call the ‘Long 3” or L3 for short. These are further away than the rest and consist of two NW’s and an Arcata Trainwreck...and my dogs. :smile:​

The Northern Wreck you see on the right.​

...and the Trainwreck on the left.​

Soooo, that’s where I’m at right now. Still have to get the watering automated, but it's all been run out to the spaces and just needs timers. At least I can sit back and enjoy one now...in fact, I think I'll go do just that!

:rasta: :yes:

- Butte

W

WeldFlash420

This grow reminds me of Tom Hills huge tree grow on OG from yrs back. Anyone remember those giant fuggin trees he grew? Well I'm pullin out the chase lounge for this one, grow on!

wikidcalibudgrl

my friend makes his own outdoor pots too,, he does it kool sytle :tongue: he uses chicken wire with small holes, lines it with plastic and fills it to where he likes with soil & plant :D most of his pots are like 4' -6' across ,,, he grows some huge plants too!! easy to take down when he's done too, just a snip here an there with some wire cutters

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice garden butte!!...some big ol girls!...very cool, I'll be watchin this grow, way to go!

G

WeldFlash420 said:
This grow reminds me of Tom Hills huge tree grow on OG from yrs back. Anyone remember those giant fuggin trees he grew? Well I'm pullin out the chase lounge for this one, grow on!

my first thoughts also...those were huge fuggers

very sweet looking butte. that outdoor scrog looks badass also. Ive been wanting to mess around with scroggin outdoors. Looks awesome though...

Last edited:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right on butte, you got some killer strains and a sweet setup, i see nothing but the best of nugs in the future. the outdoor romulan scrog is gonna be quite a sight.

Latest posts

Latest posts