What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte's '06 Garden and Tilted Outdoor SCROG

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great looking garden butte!!...they are very pretty!!....nice pics..thanks for the update :D

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful beautiful plants. Both yourself and your friends have very very nice gardens. Great of you to share with us all!! Thanks!

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Qurious to what state/contry you live in that allows that! If you dont mind, if ya do its perfectly understandable.

Edit: And I know I cant spell.

Last edited:

Saabotage

Deft said:
Qurious to what state/contry you live in that allows that! If you dont mind, if ya do its perfectly understandable.

Edit: And I know I cant spell.

:) He gave you a HUGE hint of the state he lives in.

I love Fat Tire!!!

I wish they would distribute it south!

P.S. the Fat Tire made me smile! It is a damned good beer!

........ LOL so is Lambic Peache!

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
CO? I dont know lol. Thats my guess from the flora.

Last edited:

Butte

Veteran
Thanks everyone for the compliments; I've been very fortunate to have a number of factors come into alignment for me to do this.

I believe the most important aspect to this year’s success is the water I've been using. In the past I've used my own well water, but never gotten really good results, and definitely had some "bad results" (toxicity), so this year I've had the water tested and am using stream water to water the girls. It's a bit of a pain to do, but the effort will pay off. The Ag extension office hasn’t gotten back to me on an interpretation of the results, though. Any water quality experts out there?

I feed with Fox Farm's line as well as guano teas, Hygrozyme, and Liquid Karma. I started the season all organic, but had to allow a little non-organic fertilizer into the regimen to bring up some micro-nutes. My friend feeds with manure from the dairy and, believe it or not, miracle grow. His plants do get huge, but the flavor wasn’t quite up to snuff. Could be the drying method, too. We’ll see.

Gotta go. Peace and light - Butte

Fast Pine

That screen is goin well!
How tall is that rocky? I think thats my favorite..
Good job..

So, yer friends grow is legal too? :chin:

Good luck to you and yer buddy!!

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
AMAZING!! I wish there was some category where i could vote for your bamboo framework..i love the look of it and the idea is simply genious! This is exactly what i need to do only in a smaller scale..
Oh and tell your friend that hes one lucky guy..his garden looks supreme. I thank u both for sharing these beautiful pics with us all.

Stay Safe

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good shit butte, ive been doing the same thing as you for a few years now. was using normal water then decided to switch to stream water. what a difference tha plants love it. i try to get it from a few spots along the river and also one natural spring coming right out the cliff side ( its a bit tricky to get to it! ). when you make the teas with the stuff is when you can really see the difference!

O

OG Royal Grower

Damn those are some sick plants your buddies have, they up in northcal? They need to make a thread for their grow..
peace,
OGRG

wikidcalibudgrl

Butte said:

All in all, this summer is shaping up to be one of the best yet…

Happy growing all - Butte

Dang Butte!! :yoinks: with those plants and a Fat Tire to drink while relaxin with um,, I'd say it HAS to be the best year,,, your gardens looking Great man! :wink: that scog is looking top notch too, the one is really filling in nicelY! Great work! ~your friend too :tongue:

G

Waaaaao!!!

THATS FAT for shure,nice to see some folks doing GREAT!!!
YOu and your friend geeeeeeeeez guyyyyyyyyz.......
LOVE your climate and the HUGE PLANTS produced there!
My style is quite opposite alot of small suckers hehehehe!!
Hate the thought of a BIG FLAG looking at choppers from below?
Not to mention the staking,tieing,tenting and praying????
BUT THEY LOOK COOL ya gotta admit hehehe!
Gonna see this finish i hope.....best of luck!!!
:woohoo: oh what is the limit 12 plants?

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Wow! Very nice! Its been a good summer for growing weed in the NW, and this is a very impressive undertaking!!

Butte

Veteran
Well, after returning from a week in the blasted wasteland of Black Rock, everything is much greener! :yummy:

As always, it’s pretty hard to get a shot of the whole garden, so you’ll have to try to piece it together.

First off, a composite of the main garden.

The Rocky Mountain TSCROG is starting to fill out. This is a sativa dominant strain that should finish a bit later than the rest.

...and for contrast we’ll jump out of the main garden and have a look at the RM that’s out in the open...

The PKm is filling out the fastest of them all...really starting to pack it on...

Here’s a shot of the PKm and a couple Northern Wrecks...

Finally, we travel out to the Long 3. These plants just haven’t quite been up to snuff this year. The TW is doing pretty well (up until late this afternoon, but more on that later), but the two Northern Wrecks just aren’t pulling their weight...pun intended. I had to hit these with a little of our well water and they certainly didn’t like it.

So, some of you may have caught that I have a problem with my well water and my plants. Well, I’ve had the water tested and analyzed by the Ag Extension office and they tell me there is no problem. I can tell you this is clearly wrong. Here is a series of leaves, all from the same plant, showing different stages of this problem. I’d love to hear some feedback on what people think this may be as I have not found a good solution. I suspect that rather than a single deficiency/ toxicity, I’m dealing with a combination of factors...

Tomorrow, I’ll post some pictures of the TW disaster I came home to this afternoon.

- Butte​

G

damn your shit is looking very nice butte! even with the yellowing hehe When do you expect to taste these flowers?

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Butte-I don't think the leaves are a indicator of a problem at all, I think the plants are drawing nutrients from leaves needed during the summer, and not needed for blooming. And by the looks of your buds, the plants are working very hard.

I never look at yellowing/browning leaves twice this time of the year, if you don't like them I would try upping the Nitrogen feeding, but of course this is not what ya really want to do this time of budding.

Just 2c from a old outdoor boy.

Saabotage said:
:) He gave you a HUGE hint of the state he lives in.

I love Fat Tire!!!

I wish they would distribute it south!

P.S. the Fat Tire made me smile! It is a damned good beer!

........ LOL so is Lambic Peache!

Fat tire is from Colorado, but they sell it by the 6 and 12 pack here in Oregon :yummy:

My guess was that Butte is in Oregon since it was indicated he/she(?) returned from a concert in Eugene(OR?).

Butte said:
Heh, heh, just rolled in from seeing String Cheese in Eugene...great shows....- Butte

Butte

Veteran
BACKCOUNTRY said:
Butte-I don't think the leaves are a indicator of a problem at all, I think the plants are drawing nutrients from leaves needed during the summer, and not needed for blooming. And by the looks of your buds, the plants are working very hard.

I never look at yellowing/browning leaves twice this time of the year, if you don't like them I would try upping the Nitrogen feeding, but of course this is not what ya really want to do this time of budding.

Just 2c from a old outdoor boy.
Well, it's less the yellowing than the leaf curl and burning that is an indicator for me. That picture was shot back on the 12th of July. While I was gone my wife watered some plants I was revegging with the well water (versus the stream water I’ve been using) and, with only two waterings, I came home to this:

So, I’m still searching for answers...

Jayroach - who knows? :chin:

roorer

So, some of you may have caught that I have a problem with my well water and my plants. Well, I’ve had the water tested and analyzed by the Ag Extension office and they tell me there is no problem. I can tell you this is clearly wrong. Here is a series of leaves, all from the same plant, showing different stages of this problem. I’d love to hear some feedback on what people think this may be as I have not found a good solution. I suspect that rather than a single deficiency/ toxicity, I’m dealing with a combination of factors...

That is 100% for sure toxic salt build up, most probably due to a high EC/PPM/TDS in your well water. Do you have a TDS meter? You can get them on Ebay for $20.

I'm sure you know this, but incase you don't, TDS is total disolved solids. Even with a light nute solution, you can still have tons of shit in your water. And worst of all, its usually minerals that you don't want, sometimes sodium.

That looks for sure to be multiple nutrient lockout due to high EC. I know what BACKCOUNTRY is saying, but I wouldn't put up with that much yellow until it was like 2-3 weeks before harvest. That much yellow means that your plants are not getting enough N at all. Unfortunately, the way to solve that is NOT to give them a big dose of N. The way to solve that is to give them a LOT of very pure store bought water fore a week or so, then a regular dose of N, then back to the flowering formula, but you might be too late this season.