What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ready for harvest? (Acapulco Gold landrace)

RenaissanceBrah

Just wanted to check in with you guys to see if she looks ready to chop.

What do you think, is she ready?

Growing in 33rd latitude, in no-till soil setup.

Acapulco Gold landrace

IMG-4905.JPG

IMG-4907.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Beautiful! How do the trics look with a 10X glass?

Where did you get the beans? I just wet some Barney's farm.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your stems are yellow, so that's all she can do, time to take her. Nice job. I hope you got some seed off of her. 😎

Cvh

Supermod
Oh wow, what a nice plant!
I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of dried buds later.

Cheers.

rolandomota

Can't tell if it's ready a closer picture of the buds will help
it looks almost ready can you find any white pistils?
I think you should feed your plants a bit more in mid to late flower

RenaissanceBrah

Your stems are yellow, so that's all she can do, time to take her. Nice job. I hope you got some seed off of her. 😎

Thanks C, do you have any tips on making seeds?

I was told I should chop 3/4 of the plant and leave like 1/4 to really mature to make seeds.

Any advice on that regard?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks C, do you have any tips on making seeds?

I was told I should chop 3/4 of the plant and leave like 1/4 to really mature to make seeds.

Any advice on that regard?

If you have white pistols you can still make seeds however a freeze or frost is the one seed stopper. When I make seed, I will only pollinate one branch on the very bottom of a plant early in flowering. That way you can take the plant at harvest and leave the bottom branch to let the seed get very dark before harvesting.😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Taste test shortly .

Your plant got that color from dying in the sun. I had a few of those dead brown-looking flowers. They will give a buzz but not a stone. I just compost them to minimize weight. All the Oaxacan I have ever seen was multi-green and that goes for Guerrero and Michoacán too. Back in the day, I paid $150.00 a pound for it while reg. lbs were $90.00 to 120.00. When the paraquat scare hit town people stayed away from anything brown or gold because they thought it had paraquat on it. Of course that all change when Colombian came to town, you know that rest of the story. That ain't quality bud, it's dead bud, thanks for sharing. 😎

grayeyes

Res Bra, did you have any males, because without them there will be no seeds. Flowers HAVE to be pollinated.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's too late for that plant unless you can reveg it. It's unlikely without an indoor space to keep her alive. If you have more of those seeds you could grow more to find another good female/male to make some f2's

St. Phatty

It's too late for that plant unless you can reveg it. It's unlikely without an indoor space to keep her alive. If you have more of those seeds you could grow more to find another good female/male to make some f2's

I've tried, but I've never been able to regen a plant that weathered looking.

I got real lucky this year. My best plant I was growing "BOG style", double container.

So I lifted up the top container, exposing some roots, brought her inside, and she regen-ed faster than any plant I've ever re-gened.

Of course with a regen there is a chance of getting the wrong kind of seeds, i.e. Hermies.

But I will watch her like a hawk. Of course I don't usually smell Hawks because they don't usually have a nice (?) skunk smell.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It can take months for a plant to start vegging again. I prefer to take some cuttings no later than week 7. Once the stems become woody it's super hard to get them to pop roots. Not impossible just hard. Just cut back most of the plant leaving some growth as low on the stems as possible. Do not feed nutrients just water and let the rootball dry out well ea time. Once you see new growth start using veg nutrients again.

If the plant your growing did not herm it's unlikely revegging her will cause that. It all depends on how good the quality of the plant you are trying to save is regardless. If it's really good I wouldn't worry about any herm traits. You can pick off any male stamens(nanners) until you can get her veggin healthy. Quality is everything.