What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2021

gorilla ganja

Looks absolutely beautiful. Looks like you guys are on top of everything. Hopefully no fires for you this year.
If you don't have a tractor to pull t-posts a jackall jack will work. Just have to put a piece of wood under it and find a way to wire or chain it to the jack.

Peace GG

St. Phatty

Do they ever show signs of early flowering ?

I have some seedlings (15 inches tall, maybe 2 months old) indoors under lights, I'd like to move outside, mostly Sat dom Ind-Sat crosses.

Having been burned in previous years by moving them outside too soon - they started flowering and would not go back into veg., even on June 21.

Do you use outdoor lights to help keep them in veg. ?

calisun

Hey Shcrews, Your garden looks great as always. I like what you done with the wind screen addition. For pulling t-post. Go get a farm jack sometimes called a high lift jack from harbor freight, tractor supply or somewhere like that. They run $60-$100 I take a chain and wrap it around the tpost then loop it over the jack. I use a thick bolt and nut to fasten the links together. The t-post come out supper easy. They sell t-post pullers for a little less but the farm jack is way more versatile you can pull wood posts too lift vehicles ect with the farm jack

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
looks great! did you flatten out your mounds some? how much and what did you amend them with?

you going to do a native soil patch again with the rest of those starts? good luck with the season!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Thanks for the farm jack recommendation guys, my wife picked one up at tractor supply, we'll see how it works tomorrow...

Do they ever show signs of early flowering ?

I have some seedlings (15 inches tall, maybe 2 months old) indoors under lights, I'd like to move outside, mostly Sat dom Ind-Sat crosses.

Having been burned in previous years by moving them outside too soon - they started flowering and would not go back into veg., even on June 21.

Do you use outdoor lights to help keep them in veg. ?

Our seeds were sprouted under natural light in february. We had a few plants flower early this year, about 15 out of 300. We obviously didn't plant the flowering ones, they're still in the greenhouse doing their thing. The rest are/were fine.

looks great! did you flatten out your mounds some? how much and what did you amend them with?

you going to do a native soil patch again with the rest of those starts? good luck with the season!
The mounds have gotten bigger/wider every year from tilling in the cover crop, amending the soil, and bringing in more soil. This is the first year we didn't add more soil to the mounds, just amended what we already had. At this point they are at least 10ft diameter on average. I estimate most of them are between 5-7 cubic yards but could be less.

We amended with a custom amendment package from soilscape solutions. I'd have to check what was in it exactly but i'm pretty sure it had blood meal, feather meal, alfalfa meal, kelp, guano, volcanic ash, calcium silicate....

leodelacruz

Hey, iI really enjoy looking at your posts. But I consider the published photos are very small. I can't appreciate with zooming. Regards

BYF

I know this may seem obvious, but why dont you just use a t post puller? they sell those at tractor supply too.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
how many pounds of minerals did you add per mound? I did the Phylloscape program last year, didn't get shipped until my plants were about 3 weeks into flower and it was a lot of extra work but I got my refils and going to try it again. Sam changed the recipe up quite a bit and added iron.

what kind of fogger do you use for foliar with those monster?

good video on the foliar program a few day ago with Sam and Kevin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn7RJkDZWmI

radioman

My Favorite Thread - I hope all goes well this year & I hope that California as a whole escapes the wildfires this year. God Bless!...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I know this may seem obvious, but why dont you just use a t post puller? they sell those at tractor supply too.
we have one and it works great but some of our old t-posts are stuck in the ground, probably because of all the rocks. We had a 250-pound guy trying to get them out with the post puller and they wouldnt budge.. We still havent tried the farm jack yet, been busy with other things but we will have to deal with these posts soon and i'm hopeful that it will do the job.

how many pounds of minerals did you add per mound? I did the Phylloscape program last year, didn't get shipped until my plants were about 3 weeks into flower and it was a lot of extra work but I got my refils and going to try it again. Sam changed the recipe up quite a bit and added iron.

what kind of fogger do you use for foliar with those monster?
we added 75lb of dry amendments per mound. Havent done any foliar feeding yet as we have been very busy but i think we will start next week. When we foliar feed we use a spray gun hooked up to a diaphragm pump and a 50gallon barrel. for IPM we use a stihl gas-powered backpack sprayer. I'll check out that video later, thanks. We had a consultation with Sam and he was very helpful, working with Soilscape solutions has been very good so far.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
update: Things are good here, the plants are taking off! We have been working on getting everything set up in the garden. Taking a bit longer than expected because it's hard to find help around here. We finished laying down irrigation and have been putting mulch (shredded cedar) on the mounds to keep weeds from growing on them. We have really thick bermuda grass here grows fast and likes to cover everything. We also pruned our plants for the first time a couple days ago and they are already exploding outward with new growth, it really makes a difference..

One week ago...

laying down dripline:
6HS22Vzh.jpg

lower plot, finished irrigation:
ITVVAgFh.jpg

dticPlih.jpg

MCGold

Looks absolutely beautiful. Looks like you guys are on top of everything. Hopefully no fires for you this year.
If you don't have a tractor to pull t-posts a jackall jack will work. Just have to put a piece of wood under it and find a way to wire or chain it to the jack.

Peace GG

You can also "walk" the T post" push it away from you then back towards you then back to center and go west to east and east to west. rinse lather and repeat until it is loose enough to pull out. For me you can usually do that method 2x times and pull it right out. The first time seems to break the soil enough for it to pull out.

edit
I am going to assume you have a tractor? Get a chain and "tie" it off of the post then put a used tire under the chain (like it would sit on the wheel hub of a vehicle) about a foot away from the post and then slowly move the tractor forward and it will "pull" the post much like it would a tree stump. It might bend but I seriously doubt you are going to want to reuse them anyways.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

My Favorite Thread - I hope all goes well this year & I hope that California as a whole escapes the wildfires this year. God Bless!...

It won't.

BUT most homes have a chance to make the land-scapes around their homes - and grows - fire-proof.

BYF

Sam took everything he learned from me, including a relationship with Bob Wilt, and created the nutrient line he’s scamming today.

check out CultivAce if you want the acetate source

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well,
the garden’s looking absolutely beautiful this year Mr n’Mrs Schrews, the symmetry of the irrigation line’s working really well with my slightly autistic/perfectionist brain. I’m sure the plants will benefit with all the hard ground work.
Really looking forward to the grow show,
Cheers,

Latest posts

Latest posts