What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2021

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I always check these thread out each year. The dog is always a nice touch. Living in an illegal country, I can only drool at the thought of being able to do this. Lovely plants in a great setting. All the best for this year and hope you guys aren't effected by fires. I remember the smoky pics last year.

St. Phatty

I always check these thread out each year. The dog is always a nice touch. Living in an illegal country, I can only drool at the thought of being able to do this. Lovely plants in a great setting. All the best for this year and hope you guys aren't effected by fires. I remember the smoky pics last year.

you can fire-proof almost any grow situation ... but it can take a lot of time.

For me the goal is to get the fuel load that is left, so it's something you can manage with a rake (that doesn't burn, a metal rake) and a bucket of water.

There are some big dead trees laying next to the garden that I put between the forest & my house.

If those trees are surrounded by leaves, when it's dry, the leaves can ignite a fire in the dead tree. Like a detonator on a bomb.

But if you remove ALL the leaves so that the dead tree is laying on dirt - what will light the dead tree on fire ?

All that prep has to be done BEFORE the fire.

I have a neighbor that spent a good part of the 50 years he's had his 50+ acres, making it immune to fire.

It's possible but it takes some extreme landscaping.

That's to keep the garden & home from burning.

The smoke itself ... acts like a shade cloth so there's a little less sunlight.

I've never tasted smoke on the buds.

Worthy of concern ... bury all the poison oak, so that the poison oak smoke can't get on your buds, & so you won't be in a position to breathe it.

G

Truely great stuff that you guys do. I would come & help you out, live in a tent, be fed & paid minimum wage. If covid gets fixed & your Gov would let me into your country & would be happy to help.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran

thanks! we are also hoping the fires arent so bad this year.

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well,
the garden’s looking absolutely beautiful this year Mr n’Mrs Schrews, the symmetry of the irrigation line’s working really well with my slightly autistic/perfectionist brain. I’m sure the plants will benefit with all the hard ground work.
Really looking forward to the grow show,
Cheers,
Hello good to see you in here! glad you like the irrigation coils. We try to make sure they are laid down nice and evenly. Our garden's aesthetic appeal matters to me, probably more than it should.

Truely great stuff that you guys do. I would come & help you out, live in a tent, be fed & paid minimum wage. If covid gets fixed & your Gov would let me into your country & would be happy to help.
We pay more than minimum wage! But my wife won't let our workers stay here, everyone has to leave when they're done working. My trimmigrant party days are over..

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
June 17th update:

The garden is doing wonderfully. We have a couple plants that are 8-feet tall already. I have never seen plants this big so early in the season. My only hope is that they stay healthy for a few more months and we make it to the finish line with no major problems. A couple plants seem unhappy but most of them are doing great, and even the unhappy ones are huge. I suspect they may have been stressed out by the weather, or possibly overwatered. We might send in some branches for tissue analysis if the issues persist.

Every plant has been mulched, caged, pruned, trellised, and wind-screened. We are basically on cruise control for now. IPM spray twice a week and foliar feeding twice a week. root drench once per week. More trellis goes up when needed. They arent drinking much water at the moment, i believe the thick layer of cedar mulch is really helping the soil retain its moisture.

We started our seed light-dep a couple weeks ago, we are doing a big open pollination of the Yosemite Glue to make F2's of that amazing strain. Also will be crossing the Yosemite Glue males we have with several other females including:

-Fire Lookout
-Mother's Glue
-Ancient OG
-Cot Cake
-Banana OG
-Watermelon Gelato
-White Valley OG
-Afgoo x Super Glue
-Piff s1
-Ice Cream Cake
-Jet Fuel Gelato

here is a picture of the seed project as of today, 17 days into flower:
MtwGO3ah.jpg

G

We pay more than minimum wage! But my wife won't let our workers stay here, everyone has to leave when they're done working. My trimmigrant party days are over..

I'm in the same boat as Chi13. When it's like this where I live, we can only dream of the freedom to take something you live to do to its maximum potential outdoors. Guerilla work at my age is bloody tough going, but that's how it is & why I won't ever post any of my ladies, but I do love following your grows. I am just very envious & what you grow is inspirational, so that was just my way of saying I would basically be your slave, so I could be freely among those trees you grow. In all reality, I wouldn't get past customs on arrival if somehow I was even given a Visa & too old for a trip to an airport, only to be put on the next plane home. Your grows are the only reason I haven't requested for the 20th time to have my account terminated, as much as I ask they never do it?

I look forward to seeing more of your pics for 2021. Grow on!!

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Great work guys. You live my dream <3

You have really a strain it is called Jägerschnitzel ?
That’s really funny :groupwave:

I placed my couch inside your field and wait for your flowertime. Many greetings from Germany

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Hey budz! good to see you back..... How did you manage the ash from last seasons fire?
I apologize in advance if you already answered that, i have to read the rest of this thread..

I used a air compressor with a small nozzle that worked great for getting the nasty ash of my buds last season, guess a h202 rinse would have worked but id need a bath tub or two outside lol

MrBreeze911

I also live in Calaveras County and am looking forward to trying some of your genetics in my garden next year. I am a beginner on my second season so far. I am interested in starting mounds like those, but I never thought it would be possible because my native soil is just rocks, dust, foxtails, and clay basically. This is really inspiring and I hope one day I can grow grade A dope. Thanks for all that you do! Now I just need to find out how to make mounds like that instead of using 200 gallon pots, and I need to learn how to properly train and support my plants.

MrBreeze911

I also live in Calaveras County and am looking forward to trying some of your genetics in my garden next year. I am a beginner on my second season so far. I am interested in starting mounds like those, but I never thought it would be possible because my native soil is just rocks, dust, foxtails, and clay basically. This is really inspiring and I hope one day I can grow grade A dope. Thanks for all that you do! Now I just need to find out how to make mounds like that instead of using 200 gallon pots, and I need to learn how to properly train and support my plants.
Also I need to find free rock dust and mulch/wood chips...

tonytony71

June 17th update:

The garden is doing wonderfully. We have a couple plants that are 8-feet tall already. I have never seen plants this big so early in the season. My only hope is that they stay healthy for a few more months and we make it to the finish line with no major problems. A couple plants seem unhappy but most of them are doing great, and even the unhappy ones are huge. I suspect they may have been stressed out by the weather, or possibly overwatered. We might send in some branches for tissue analysis if the issues persist.

Every plant has been mulched, caged, pruned, trellised, and wind-screened. We are basically on cruise control for now. IPM spray twice a week and foliar feeding twice a week. root drench once per week. More trellis goes up when needed. They arent drinking much water at the moment, i believe the thick layer of cedar mulch is really helping the soil retain its moisture.

We started our seed light-dep a couple weeks ago, we are doing a big open pollination of the Yosemite Glue to make F2's of that amazing strain. Also will be crossing the Yosemite Glue males we have with several other females including:

-Fire Lookout
-Mother's Glue
-Ancient OG
-Cot Cake
-Banana OG
-Watermelon Gelato
-White Valley OG
-Afgoo x Super Glue
-Piff s1
-Ice Cream Cake
-Jet Fuel Gelato

here is a picture of the seed project as of today, 17 days into flower:
MtwGO3ah.jpg
Hi,
what about this breeding project?
Your cross of jet fuel gelato interests me a lot.
Is it possible to buy some from you?
I am in France.

Latest posts

Latest posts