Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wbetsy View Post
    That's a "backcross"
    i think it would be an incross actually. my guess anyways. backcross is the using the mother, not F2's and F4's.
    Bigger Britches For My Ladies (2021-current)
    Thai's Blooper Reel ~ 2018-2021

Some days you eat the bear; other days the bear...well...he eats you.

Comment

My kinda thread. Thanks a ton for the tips. Ima gonna look up your genetics.

I am finding sunshine at the right time of year kicks LED ass.
      ______________________________ __________________________
      Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Things just chug long when those microbes are happy........scrappy

Comment

Originally posted by thailer View Post

i think it would be an incross actually. my guess anyways. backcross is the using the mother, not F2's and F4's.
        thats what i was thinking. the F2 we used is a different female than the one the F4 was bred from. The vigor on that cross is insane.
        Current grow: Motherlode Gardens 2020

Comment

So we planted all the mounds last week on April 30th. These are the ones that made the cut:

3x - Ancient OG Project
          1x - Ancient OG F5
          1x - Direwolf
          1x - Yosemite Glue
          2x - Fire Lookout
          3x - Happy Place x Gmo G-Wiz
          3x - Mother's Glue
          1x - OG18 ... (DNA Genetics. This was from our second round of seed starts)
          1x - Peaceful Child
          1x - Cloudwalker OG
          3x - Cot Cake
          3x - Royal Feast
          2x - Sour Butter Breath
          2x - Soul Fuel
          1x - Tropical Soul
          1x - Royal Kush x Super Glue
          1x - Ancient OG F2 x LAOMG (from @intentionalmisuse. Second round of seed starts)

When we transplant we make sure the plants go into the mounds facing the same direction that they were in the greenhouse, that way they keep tracking the sun which helps to prevent transplant shock. After we put them into the gopher baskets and fill in the hole we water with taino microbes and pepzyme to help get the soil biology going. Then we put the cages around them and attach them to t-posts so the plants wont get blown around by the wind.

Greenhouse full of seed starts:

Ancient OG Project seedling:

Seed start fan leaves:

After transplant: (the fabric is for blocking the wind)

All done!

Comment

...One Week Later...

All the plants seem to be taking nicely to their new environment. The weather has been warming up and they are soaking up the sun now on top of the hill. Some of them have already grown almost 6 inches. Since they were nicely rooted in the 7gal growbags before going into the mounds we have been trying to keep the rootballs from drying out by watering for a few seconds everyday right near the stalk. This seems to keep them happy in the few days that it takes for them to establish roots in the new soil.

This week we will finish shaping the mounds and laying down irrigation, then groundcloth and a layer of mulch. There's a ton of weedwacking to do as well. Hopefully by next week the garden will look pristine. First thing we have to do though is pull out all the t-posts that have been out there for years. I think they are spaced too far apart, so this year we will move them a bit closer together for the first layer of trellis. Problem is the fuckers are stuck in the ground, we can only get half of them out. If anybody knows any tricks for pulling out a stubborn t-post feel free to chime in...

We haven't been spraying the plants at all yet. We finally got all our stuff for IPM and foliar feeding so we plan to start doing that as soon as we finish with the mounds. We hit the ground running this season , definitely our earliest/best start to date, partially thanks to the global pandemic/lockdown of course. Normally we would have been on vacation until march!

Comment

Looks absolutely beautiful. Looks like you guys are on top of everything. Hopefully no fires for you this year.
              If you don't have a tractor to pull t-posts a jackall jack will work. Just have to put a piece of wood under it and find a way to wire or chain it to the jack.

Peace GG

Comment

Do they ever show signs of early flowering ?

I have some seedlings (15 inches tall, maybe 2 months old) indoors under lights, I'd like to move outside, mostly Sat dom Ind-Sat crosses.

Having been burned in previous years by moving them outside too soon - they started flowering and would not go back into veg., even on June 21.

Do you use outdoor lights to help keep them in veg. ?
                Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

Hey Shcrews, Your garden looks great as always. I like what you done with the wind screen addition. For pulling t-post. Go get a farm jack sometimes called a high lift jack from harbor freight, tractor supply or somewhere like that. They run $60-$100 I take a chain and wrap it around the tpost then loop it over the jack. I use a thick bolt and nut to fasten the links together. The t-post come out supper easy. They sell t-post pullers for a little less but the farm jack is way more versatile you can pull wood posts too lift vehicles ect with the farm jack

Comment

looks great! did you flatten out your mounds some? how much and what did you amend them with?

you going to do a native soil patch again with the rest of those starts? good luck with the season!
                    uncontested 2015 IC Cup overall Champion and 1ST place growers Indica with OGKB 2.0
                    ______________________________ ______________________________ __________________
                    Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro???
                    ScoutBreath, SquareBreath and OGKB 99 - the OGKB 2.0 IBL adventure.
                    GorillaBreath, GorillaTwin, GlueRoom and G99 - Glue and Cookies Conjoined
                    ForumBreath, Sluggo, and Weirdo-si-dos
                    Locomotive Breath & SourOGKB, Dude you got OGKB on my ECSD!
                    Chunky's Bagseeds info on IG

Comment

Thanks for the farm jack recommendation guys, my wife picked one up at tractor supply, we'll see how it works tomorrow...

Originally posted by St. Phatty View Post
                      Do they ever show signs of early flowering ?

I have some seedlings (15 inches tall, maybe 2 months old) indoors under lights, I'd like to move outside, mostly Sat dom Ind-Sat crosses.

Having been burned in previous years by moving them outside too soon - they started flowering and would not go back into veg., even on June 21.

Do you use outdoor lights to help keep them in veg. ?
                      Our seeds were sprouted under natural light in february. We had a few plants flower early this year, about 15 out of 300. We obviously didn't plant the flowering ones, they're still in the greenhouse doing their thing. The rest are/were fine.

Originally posted by Chunkypigs View Post
                      looks great! did you flatten out your mounds some? how much and what did you amend them with?

you going to do a native soil patch again with the rest of those starts? good luck with the season!
                      The mounds have gotten bigger/wider every year from tilling in the cover crop, amending the soil, and bringing in more soil. This is the first year we didn't add more soil to the mounds, just amended what we already had. At this point they are at least 10ft diameter on average. I estimate most of them are between 5-7 cubic yards but could be less.

We amended with a custom amendment package from soilscape solutions. I'd have to check what was in it exactly but i'm pretty sure it had blood meal, feather meal, alfalfa meal, kelp, guano, volcanic ash, calcium silicate....

Comment

Signed up and ready with Popcorn and a seat for the new season! Good luck!!! Cheers!

Comment

Hey, iI really enjoy looking at your posts. But I consider the published photos are very small. I can't appreciate with zooming. Regards

Comment

I know this may seem obvious, but why dont you just use a t post puller? they sell those at tractor supply too.
                            wildside

Comment

how many pounds of minerals did you add per mound? I did the Phylloscape program last year, didn't get shipped until my plants were about 3 weeks into flower and it was a lot of extra work but I got my refils and going to try it again. Sam changed the recipe up quite a bit and added iron.

what kind of fogger do you use for foliar with those monster?

good video on the foliar program a few day ago with Sam and Kevin.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn7RJkDZWmI

uncontested 2015 IC Cup overall Champion and 1ST place growers Indica with OGKB 2.0
                              ______________________________ ______________________________ __________________
                              Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro???
                              ScoutBreath, SquareBreath and OGKB 99 - the OGKB 2.0 IBL adventure.
                              GorillaBreath, GorillaTwin, GlueRoom and G99 - Glue and Cookies Conjoined
                              ForumBreath, Sluggo, and Weirdo-si-dos
                              Locomotive Breath & SourOGKB, Dude you got OGKB on my ECSD!
                              Chunky's Bagseeds info on IG

Comment

My Favorite Thread - I hope all goes well this year & I hope that California as a whole escapes the wildfires this year. God Bless!...

Comment

Working...
                                X