Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A discussion: Keeping nordic outdoor strains as mothers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haSec
    replied
    Hi

Has anyone successfully used Thyphoon as mother plant?

Leave a comment:

• Sibbeli
    replied
    Does anybody know if RD and DP is able to keep as mothers?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    First of, all the cuttings if I remember correctly reveg. Lost them due to moving...

Different strain now...
    This winter in january I started seeds and grew some nice bushie moms. Took cuttings from them around two weeks ago. After that I made the (bucket sized) moms into bonsai moms with branch and root pruning. All went nicely expect two of the moms... They wanted to flower on me inn 10l pot too! And especially one of this I think could be a real keeper! (looking for something i can keep for awhile.. years....?)

What to do? In buckets i gave molasse and pruned of the flowering shoots, but now this one doesnt have so much growth anymore... help is appreciated, thanks in advanced.!

Leave a comment:

• bonghopper
    replied
    Hash Plant 2 sativa pheno reveged well under 24hrs low light intensitity.
    That was a mid september finisher for me, real potent & frosty.

What light hours are recommended indoors for nordic mothers to avoid early flowering in cutting taken from them?

Over how long should I bring the light hours down to the new cycle to avoid the mothers flowering?

So who's working on perennial weed

Leave a comment:

• skullznroses
    replied
    I once had trouble with bc bud god... Not even a semi auto, but it would never reveg after taking a clone off an outdoor plant later last summer right as they started to flower. All other strains revegged fine. It was a good plant too

Leave a comment:

• bonghopper
    replied
    Trying Hash Plant 2 this year. Took cuttings from preflowering/early flowering plants, under 24hrs still showing preflowers but not full flowering. What other strains have people had success with? Where can I get those Finnish strains people are talking about?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Took cuttings from six different females some days ago from a own cross. rooting now. see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Nunsacred
    replied
    That Leb27 cross cutting did not re-veg; it died...
    Gutted, I love that phenotype.

I think there are many genetic factors involved in triggering flowering, and re-veg.
    Therefore any particular strain or individual might behave differently to others....

Unfortunately my timer was broken and so it was under 24hour light rather than 19/5 which might have affected my results.

Currently I reckon that most early flowering strains are difficult to re-veg, but I have seen a (Nepal x Royal Dane) which was extremely easy and quick to revert.
    In my opinion it seems to be more about size/maturity than photoperiod.

Leave a comment:

• StonedGolem
    replied
    Have you ever gotten your hands on any outdoors strains we have bred here in Finland? There are plenty of non-commercial outdoor strains over here. One of the most interesting ones I guess is the kind of slow autoflower called Ovela Ratsastaja, which can grow over 2 meters tall.

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    Bummer - I had one like that in 2010 and luckily it pulled through.

Leave a comment:

• Nunsacred
    replied
    Lebanese#27 x Exodus Cheese

NOT easy to re-veg, been on 20/4 for 2-3 months, still touch & go :

[IMG]http://www.*****.com/boards/uploads/1328034363/gallery_53062_4026_14722.jpg[/IMG]

This year, if I can, I'll take cuts before flowering starts again try hard to keep them out of flower indefinitely

Leave a comment:

• niceeven
    replied
    Yes I will have some of those right on site in the bush but I was wondering if the second approach would actually cause plants actually trigger into flowering a bit sooner. I know they would produce considerably less than the plants started a month sooner but that way perhaps I could grow the later finishing nordic strains that are currently out of my range.

See what I mean? I can only start them outdoors starting at the earliest mid May. If I veg them longer than a couple of weeks they should be longer to trigger. So, perhaps the late start, 22 hours and taken out as the light begins to decrease option may allow me to get some later finishing strains done. Just playing with thoughts while I impatiently wait for spring....

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    With only 2 week of veg I think both approaches could work. Starting Seeds in a coldframe or mini greenhouse isn't possible?

Leave a comment:

• niceeven
    replied
    Planting in June is an experiment I will try myself, with seeds this year. Some in the first week of June after barely two weeks of veg at 16 -8 (to match the amount of sunlight at that time) and another round, of the same varieties same provenance of seeds stock not germinated until June first ( about 16 hours of light outdoors) and keept at 22-2 until June 22nd and then placed outdoors (around 17 hours of light outdoors). I want to keep notes of how the two groups will behave.

I know it's of the topic of keeping nordic mothers and I apologize for that, but since you seem to have experience with nordic strains. Would you venture to try foreseeing how a strain like, say Typhoon would react in both cases? (well the first group should be predictable right?).

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    No I didn't adapt the plants to sunlight first but since I planted out in june it was ok.
    Last year I gathered some more experience with Nuggit: This plant has females that are easy to keep in veg and won't flower even if rootbound. Males will flower in pots under 24/7 lighting.
    I had a cutting from 2010 that I made into a mother in the winter and a few clones were put in the greenhouse around May. These started to get a little fuzzy first but quickly reverted to veg before I put them out in early june and they grew to be nice 1.5-2m tall plants. I never got around to harvesting them because they got totally seeded and I kinda lost the motivation.
    That particular clone wasn't kept because the quality wasn't really there compared to some of her sisters that provided a much better product.
    I've also started some Pot*Freja F2 mothered by a special fruity pheno. These are growing at a steady pace and hopefully I can make a bunch of good clones. I might also make some indoor seeds and label them with their mother# - then I can choose which ones to work with when I see how the clones perform outside.
    My 2012 thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=230149

Leave a comment:

Working...
X