What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla stomping, 2010

blackone

Veteran
Getting ready to get ready for this years outdoor.
The backbone of my guerilla will be a couple of Danish strains that haven't seen much in terms of fame abroad yet:

Freja from Sagaseeds - not a very early strain but rather something that will finish around late september/early october. A real hash strain because it's very resinous and potent while the buds are not so pretty. Very tasty hash with a sweet caramel edge.
I've got one mother growing that will soon be big enough to yield a good bunch of clones - and I also have a few seeds left for a seedrun if I get the time. Since I think quite a few people have Freja it's probably not an endangered strain (Although it might become so pretty fast if noone is breeding it - I think someone else might be).

Cafeparadis - original and also cfp guerilla from 2005 or 2006. It has been bred by a Danish breeder over many years, with a lot of different landraces in the mix. This should hopefully be a pretty early strain that grows some nice nuggets. I'll be doing a little pollen chucking there and also taking clones to keep as mothers. I've seen very promising pics of these genes. Just started 24 seeds - 14 original and 10 guerilla.
I'll appreciate a lot of variation in this one, as long as most plants finish in September - hopefully with no plants going past mid october. If the range is later than that then they have to be damn good to make the mark:)
Seeds will be made available if the original breeder accepts it.

The large Finnish autoflower Pehkuruder is planned as an experiment - if I can get a harvest from her in very early August then it's gonna be great, even though it isn't suppposed to be very potent. Right now I'm starting some plants indoor to make seeds. With a little luck those seeds should be done around end of May. Check out Arcticsun's growthreads and albums.
Pkr will also be crossed to DSD to start an auto project.

Nuggit (Phil's Erdpurt * E-rocket/DP) might be grown this year - I really really loved the relatively early potent phenos that grew bud just like indoor but I hated the fact that 1/4 - 1/2 of the females were showing male flowers on the stem. If I grow them again then I'll try and make some outdoor seeds this time. Just not sure how hard it will be to breed out the intersex trait - but there is a lot of potential in these genes.

Other strains that might make a guest appearance this year of I buy some seeds:
Diesel Ryder
Danish Passion
Royal Dane
EWS
GG

blackone

Veteran
Let me just show you a few pics of the preparation.
Freja mother - hopefully she will yield a few clones this weekend.
If I grow those clones well they might even become mothers themselves before it's time for them to go out... Not much time but it could be done... I wonder how much different the flower response will be for a clone from an almost 1 year old plant will be compared to a seedling? I hope it triggers faster but not too fast, because I still plan on giving each plant a m2 outside and I don't want them to go directly into flower and waste all of that space.
picture.php

Seedling tray for the Cafeparadis stock. I don't know if it's possible to get them large enough to actually yield clones before they have to go out but I would really really love to at least sex them so I only have to carry half of them and won't end up with empty holes.
I want to do a lot of work with individual plant holes this year compared to last year and aim for larger plants. I don't want to waste my work on males though.
picture.php

The Pehkuruders growing in 6.5L pots. The jiffys in the corners are the ones that didn't germ - since then I've had all of them sprout and they've been moved to cups - will move them to their own 6.5L pots as soon as the roots will hold the soil in the cups together so they won't break up when transplanting.
picture.php

PrinceOfPersia

Very interresting indeed.
Im also just started alot of seeds, hoping to find a couple of goood mothers to clone before 1 june. There should be enough time though.

Nice selection youre growing.
What ammendents are you gonna use in the spots your gonna make?

I just keep hanging around to see what youre up too.

Take care and good luck!

peace pop-

blackone

Veteran
Very interresting indeed.
Im also just started alot of seeds, hoping to find a couple of goood mothers to clone before 1 june. There should be enough time though.

Nice selection youre growing.
What ammendents are you gonna use in the spots your gonna make?

I just keep hanging around to see what youre up too.

Take care and good luck!

peace pop-

Thanks for stopping by - please stick around :)
I've looked at your previous grows and I think I can learn a lot from you.

Last year I used mushroom compost, spent soil, fresh soil (plantesæk) and magnesium lime. I used a semi-organic and very cheap fertilizer that probably takes ages to break down because it contained pretty large pieces of something that looked like bone.
This year in some spots I will be using a larger proportion of fresh soil and perhaps some free garden compost that can be picked up at recycling centers.
I'm thinking about digging a hole of a nice size - perhaps something like 50cm * 50cm to a depth of 30 cm. and amend with compost and lime. The core where the plant will go will then be pure fresh soil - somewhere between 5 and 10 liters - so that it can get an explosive start.
I'm not sure about fertilizer - I might just use a chemical NPK this time as it's fast acting but I have to find something with enough P and K.

madx

its nice to see an outdoor dk grow started so early. i have ordered alot of danish outdoor seeds, but they havent arrived yet, so ill just have to be patient... good luck with ur grow.

madx

G

growcodile

hey bro .. great to see you're getting ready for the season :D

and a nice selection of lovely danish genetics !!

all the best for your plans this year .. ill keep an eye here hehe

Ribsauce

hey man ya gotta love this time of year with the outdoor just starting to come together... im hustling to get caught up with my preparations already ha... but i just wanted to say i really like your choice in genetics and also good luck with everything and im sure ill be swinging back through again to see how things are going

C

coxswain

Oh yeah ... it's def starting. Temps are rising. We had a long winter. Soil is still very wet so I can't dig holes yet. I'll be watching as usual Blackone. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. This year I'll concentrate on early sativas and their crosses. Bushman will dominate my grow. :)

C

coxswain

Oh ... and nice selection on strains. It's good to see "unknown" stuff. Exciting.
(I can't edit posts so that's why I'm double posting, problems with browser)

blackone

Veteran
Hey all!
I can feel it in my bones - this year will be great.
Did a little walking today to visit spot#1 and spot#2 from last year.

Spot#1 - Didn't do very well because everything here was late and crowded.
picture.php

Spot#2 - Everything here was late too... And on top of it I lost most of it to deer.
picture.php

I really want to get back to spot#3 and check it out - if the shovel I placed there in plain sight is still lying there as I left it then I will name it my GREED spot and go absolutely crazy there - I want a small forest of huge plants.
I might get greedy on spot#2 also but I'm not so sure about that one - because it's not really that stealthy - perhaps if I allow the nettles to grow right next to my weed...

HOVAH2.0

i think im ahead of you with stock, 42clones, 12 mothers been veging since 09.. lol,

can u tell me what date are you gonna start your mothers and clones outdoor plez?

April, 10, ill try my luck with mine...ty

blackone

Veteran
I don't know about date yet - but probably later than April 10 because they're still promising frost some nights and the whole country just woke up from the whitest winter I remember a couple of weeks ago.

blackone

Veteran
Freja is ready for cloning - I'll take cuts this weekend. I hope they will grow fast big enough to give me clones themselves that are ready to go out in end May/ start june.
picture.php

Pehkuruder growing on day 13 after putting seeds in jiffys - these 6 are growing pretty well and I've got 5 still in cups - they were slow starters and will get repotted in the weekend too.
picture.php

Last edited:
G

Guest129216

Excited about this one. Have a whole bunch of danish and some finninsh stuff I'll be trying to grow my self.

I have a question for you if you don't mind:

I have heard about people starting the nordic "semi-Auto" too early inside. And when they start to sex, they wont't go back to veg. outdoors.

Outdoor planting here starts about 20th of May I think . We can have frostnights until the middle of may....

When do you recommend that i start them indoors is my question. I have a homebox xs with a 250 watt hps....

I will be enjoying your growshow here. Fine pictures and detailed descriptions. Gotta love it!

blackone

Veteran
I can't tell you there sorry - but I would think mid may should be safe - you have a lot of light hours in mid may on lat 60! I've never heard about problems in nordic countries - more southern countries will have those probs of course.
If you're starting them now and have to keep them inside until mid May then make sure you have enough room - because outdoor strains need a lot of rootspace or else they will start semi-flowering on you.

G

Guest129216

If you're starting them now and have to keep them inside until mid May then make sure you have enough room - because outdoor strains need a lot of rootspace or else they will start semi-flowering on you.

That is my problem then i guess. I only have that small homebox, but i have alot of outdoor spots prepared/in preparation. I was thinking of using planting trays like the one that you kept your clones in. Then i can fit about 70-80 plants in there.
But not for more than three weeks maybe and then they will get too big i guess. Will probably start them about 20th of april.

Thx for the help man.

blackone

Veteran
Those small trays suck actually I found out - it's very hard to get the roots out undisturbed.
Much better to germ seeds in jiffys and then transplant to cups where they will be able to grow a better rootball before they need another transplant. Or just plant seeds directly in cups.