What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla stomping, 2010

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - I haven't been out there to check on the girls so I can hardly wait to see how much they have grown.
The Pehkuruder seeds I harvested earlier have been dry for a while now and a good bunch will be germinated soon. I wonder if I should try putting some in the refrigerator first for a little stratification...

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
looking good mate, mind my asking what type of lights you've got there for the younger plants inside, the long cfls i'm guessing?

blackone

Veteran
looking good mate, mind my asking what type of lights you've got there for the younger plants inside, the long cfls i'm guessing?
Thanks - those are just standard 36W flouros.

In my small cab I have 18W flouros and also a couple of normal 20W warmwhite cfl.

Xhashish

Veteran
defently looking nice my friend, really looking forward to an update (=
to see how big the plants have grow, somethings must have happent since last update (-:

Are all outplanted? or still got some in the veg room?

blackone

Veteran
Only plants that have gone out were the 7 I showed pics of earlier. I just visited them yesterday and it was such a sorry sight... A flock of deer has apparently made my best guerilla spot into their personal sleeping area. And they also like a goodnight snack - I was hoping to see 7 healthy bushes but instead I had to witness gnawed down stumps. 6 of them will probably make it if the deer won't eat any more, but 1 is dead for sure.
I think they really appreciate how I cleared a patch of blackberries for them - walking home I was having visions of me fitting IR laser and nightvision on a crossbow to stalk them out at nighttime but I think I'll just concentrate on my other spots haha.

G

Guest129216

Ouch. Best wishes for the 6 reamaing.....

Found two of my Leb plants pretty messed up by slugs this morning myself this morning if that helps....

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Honestly they weren't looking too good - and it seems like they didn't appreciate going from 24 hours of flourescent light to the sun either...
This has convinced me that the rest of the seeds I will be germing for outdoor these days will be done on my terrace...

THC123

Veteran
Honestly they weren't looking too good - and it seems like they didn't appreciate going from 24 hours of flourescent light to the sun either.

when changing lightsource from fluoros to sun , you need to put your plants outdoors in the evening

put them on a spot where there will be lots of shade the day after , the next evening , put them on a spot where the next day there will be sun , this way they won't have a shock and shrivel up

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - I've been avoiding the cloudy days because slugs love those, perhaps I should rethink my strategy. I don't think I will be able to plan ahead to place plants in a shady place and then get the time the next day to go out again - maybe a secret corner of my terrace could work.

Xhashish

Veteran
Hey friend, looking really forward to an update (= to see how goes, i see you still have the plants small cups, have you thought about repotting those? would be sad if they stopped growing or started to flower cause of rootbound, which happens pretty fast in those small cups..

Yeah it's a sad thing about the weather, we must cross fingers for some sun soon ..

blackone

Veteran
Yeah I put 4 Freja plants out in the weekend, some went into the flowering room, got 17 Freja plants repotted and hoping to be able to take cuttings soon, making new mothers from 6 Swt plants etc.
Still I'm drowning in plants:) Luckily the Nuggit strain has autoflowering males so I was able to remove a nice number of those. I got 10 holes out there just waiting for plants and need to dig more because I have almost 100 Pehkuruders that I started last week and 40-50 Nugg-it that I started last day.
I wanted to have a lot of fun with spot 3 because it can hold a great deal of plants but because the deer like that place so much I will have to either abandon it or protect it.
Need to work fast on other locations I have scouted - one might be perfect and could even hold multiple plots.

blackone

Veteran
Back with a pic of spot 1 with the 4 Freja clones:
picture.php

I went back there today and even though I had doubled the cans a slug had still found its way inside, without leaving any visible damage though. Probably because those clones have so many leaves they can spare a few. Anyway the slug was disposed of and a load of Ferramol dumped in the plot. I was delighted to see signs of growth already.

Plot 2 also got its share of Ferramol - there are no plants there yet but better safe than sorry.

Also went out to Spot #3 that was raided earlier. Not much additional damage could be seen and the plants seem to be recovering well but I removed a slug and gave the spot some more ...Ferramol.

I'll run out of those pellets soon, have to get some more because there is a long season ahead of my spots.

G

Guest129216

Yes yes, very nice. Cool to see that there was no more damage on spot #3.

Will be exciting to see ho the Freja's will do. You seem to really like that strain huh.

Freja is just a mix of diff. Danish stuff or?

blackone

Veteran
Nice , it also seems like you have good native soil there:wave:
Yeah the soil there is incredible - fat and black. It's humus accumulated in an old lakebed for hundreds of years or more I think - almost like peat. Now it's drained and there is an ashen forest growing there but if it really rains I think it might have standing water - I hope not.

Yes yes, very nice. Cool to see that there was no more damage on spot #3.

Will be exciting to see ho the Freja's will do. You seem to really like that strain huh.

Freja is just a mix of diff. Danish stuff or?

Freja is a Danish strain. AFAIK it's not based on Danish outdoor genetics but rather some indoor stuff that turned out to be semi-autoflowering. Still it's not the earliest of strains - last year it was finished in start October but my plants were put out in July. Other people had it finishing a little earlier when they started in good time so perhaps it will be pretty early when using clones. Check my latest indoor grow in my sig to see the mother of these clones...

G

Guest129216

Ah. Good stuff. Thx for info. Have seen that mum earlier ofcourse. Quite a life she has had..... Roots beeing cut and herself beeing molested. Ha ha. Going to be exciting to see how long you can keep her in Veg.

Frost comes around 1.oct up here so It's probably not a strain for me then.

blackone

Veteran
She has serious autoflower tendencies indoor as soon as she gets rootbound but if you repot or clone her it's not a problem to keep her in veg. Also if she starts going into flower a repot will reveg her pretty fast. I might start the rest of the Freja seeds I have to search for an even better pheno because the one I have now is a little weak on the smell side while some of the phenos I harvested outdoor last year had a really nice smell.
Part of me is hoping that she will start flowering under the midsummer sun just like the auto affie - while the other part wants it to keep vegging until late july for a better yield:)

A

arcticsun

sorry about the early loss of plants, lol at the sleeping deer tho.. wonder if they caught a buzz? :D

you are lucky idd to have such nice soil conditions, hope you can recover your loss m8, best of wishes and good summer karma your way :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts