What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla stomping, 2010

G

Guest129216

Yeah I know they suck. I used them last year too... But because of my limited space i "have to" use them. Put them out when they were about 10 cm. About 80 percent of them grew up. I've never used jiffys before though, so maybe I'll give that a try.

later.

A

arcticsun

hey guys, great thread blackone .. cant wait to follow it through the season. Here in north norway it is going to be a really tight squeeze to be able to finish even autos outdoors.

ill be planting my pehkuruders around 20th of may and growing them 2-4 weeks indoors. I may try different dates to set them out but ive figured out that the latest i can sow is june 1st and that they must be starting to flower around july 1st or im in trouble. Hoping to put the first ones out around june first and the last ones around the middle of june. Ive bought heavy harvest time release nutes from advanced nutrients that im waiting for, all cashed out .. ive got a million seeds from a million strains, never waited on spring in my entire life like this ehhehe

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - I noticed work being done in the forest very close to spot #3... Nothing can be seen from where the forest workers had been and no footprints could be seen in the soft soil on the spot.
I'll definitely check it out very well before I plant anything there...

Koi

I wish you good luck blackone. I have just sprouted my seeds. Will replant them soon!

See you out there this summer. :)

blackone

Veteran
Thanks all for stopping by - atm I haven't shot any more pics - partly because I keep forgetting to lock my cellphone and then while it's in my pocket it starts sending pictures from my camera gallery to the first person on my list - my boss - rofl. So far only innocent pictures have been sent and I want to keep it like that;p

50 seeds were germed a few days ago and most made it - 10 of them were swt#3 accidentally crossed to Freja or Nugg-it. The rest are Nugg-it.
Freja clones are rooting very well too and Pehkuruders doing nicely - starting to show sex now.
It's getting extremely crowded in my vegging room already - gotta utilize some outdoor space soon.

Yesterday I went for a walk in a promising spot I found on aerial photographs - it was out of this world! There were blackberries and nettle stalks all over - I'll be a torn up mess myself when I enter in the summer but I'll just have to suffer it! And very very good direct sun from morning until evening - man it's gonna be good.

Soil sucks but it's no biggie because it's not too far from a place where I can safely park the car so it will be possible for me to haul in good stuff... I'm so excited about this find.

THC123

Veteran
Nice to hear , damn i wish i had a spot where i could go by car to dump my soil.

For now i have to go on bike cuz it is so difficult to acces so this means 20 liters(5 gallons ) every time i go so that will be like 20 times and about 200 km of biking

Ah well it is good to get in shape again

blackone

Veteran
A good backpack holds 50kgs of soil easily:)
I've considered coco bricks also -I think Greens was using them - they should help a bit with volume but of course then you have to visit 2 times unless you want to wait for them to swell up. And I guess you would still need to add compost or something.
I might just blend compost and lime with the native soil and forget about peat since it might not be doing much for the soil anyway. At the moment I'm going through people's old threads and looking for documentation on past hole/bed preparations - I'll be doing some different experiments myself and documenting here.

THC123

Veteran
yeah but i can't bike with 50 kg of soil on my back:D

I also was thinkin of amending the holes fom last year , but i wanna be in and out quick so i won't be doing that

C

coxswain

Nice to hear , damn i wish i had a spot where i could go by car to dump my soil.

For now i have to go on bike cuz it is so difficult to acces so this means 20 liters(5 gallons ) every time i go so that will be like 20 times and about 200 km of biking

Ah well it is good to get in shape again

:dance013:

Same here THC! And it's an uphill ride. Hehe. Anyway ... What I do is search the area surrounding the patch for good top soil humus soil layer and put that into my holes. Then I put around 5 liters of composed chicken manure that easily fit into my mtb backpack and mix it with the soil in the hole. I let it "cook" for about a month before transplanting plants into holes.

blackone

Veteran
yeah but i can't bike with 50 kg of soil on my back:D

I also was thinkin of amending the holes fom last year , but i wanna be in and out quick so i won't be doing that

Sorry I meant liters, hehe. No idea really how heavy that is - perhaps 15-20 kgs? Depends a lot on water content of course - I wish it was possible to buy dry, compressed peat based soil, like you can with coco.

blackone

Veteran
I spent a couple hours yesterday hiking around in a forest that gets less visitors than the one I'm normally using.
Checked out an incredibly interesting place that I already investigated last year - the plants will be able to get a serious amount of light there and it will be overgrown in blackberry vines, stinging nettles and other nasty stuff before long. Also one of those places I actually dislike entering myself:) There are some treacherous water-filled holes here and there that can't be seen in the summer and there is NO way you can avoid stepping in one of those if you don't know the place very well.
Also have to return to a place where forest workers were busy last year - chances are they're done with that area and won't be back for a couple of years. They made a lot of new clearings for me to use...

Man I wish I knew their schedules... It would suck to lose a spot.

.clunk

Also have to return to a place where forest workers were busy last year - chances are they're done with that area and won't be back for a couple of years. They made a lot of new clearings for me to use...

Man I wish I knew their schedules... It would suck to lose a spot.
just a quick heads up before you use any of the new clearings; usually after they have logged a cutblock the area is replanted the following spring, then there are usually a series of Silviculture checks lasting a few years after the re-planting to make sure everything is growing right.
Even though they might be done logging there will likely still be a fair bit of activity in the area for the next year or two at least.

boroboro

just a quick heads up before you use any of the new clearings; usually after they have logged a cutblock the area is replanted the following spring, then there are usually a series of Silviculture checks lasting a few years after the re-planting to make sure everything is growing right.
Even though they might be done logging there will likely still be a fair bit of activity in the area for the next year or two at least.

Same deal here. Planting in the two years after a logging operation isn't a great idea around here. Too much activity by tree planters, state officials, curious people, etc. 5-10 years after logging is the sweet zone in this landscape. The initial excitement has died down, no big trees to block sun yet, still plenty of branches and debris left over from the logging that makes walking around difficult.

Thanks for the thread blackone. I'm actually legal this year, for a change, but you sure are tempting me back to my old ways...

blackone

Veteran

Same deal here. Planting in the two years after a logging operation isn't a great idea around here. Too much activity by tree planters, state officials, curious people, etc. 5-10 years after logging is the sweet zone in this landscape. The initial excitement has died down, no big trees to block sun yet, still plenty of branches and debris left over from the logging that makes walking around difficult.

Thanks for the thread blackone. I'm actually legal this year, for a change, but you sure are tempting me back to my old ways...

Thanks.
I don't think they're planting new trees - instead I think they're deliberately making clearings for wildlife.
Clearcutting/replanting of large areas is not practiced much here actually and is becoming less common even. Instead the forests are gradually harvested to give light for new growth. More and more forest areas are also allowed to grow wild - I haven't found any interesting clearings in those places though.

blackone

Veteran
Started germing more seeds... I just can't stop.
This time it's Fms grapefruit fathered by either Nugg-it or Freja (accidentally autoflowering fms gf was accidentally pollinated by Nugg-It or Freja because I had males of both strains accidentally autoflowering at the same time...)
Also I have Esben's cross between Reeferman's Grapefruit and Danish Passion *Guerilla Gold.

Bulldog501

regarding growing in a forrest.
in some places they fence in the new planted areas to keep deers from eating the small trees and bushes
once fenced in they leave them by them selfs
so its safe to plant there and no workers, deer or other animals comes around
just remember to ad either own soil or amend heavy with lime and nutrients as areas that have had big trees there until recently are often deprived of nutrients

THC123

Veteran
hahaha i am also germing more and more seeds and clones

i also want to put out many plants very late so they stay small , cuz i also want to make LOTS of hash this year , thez 100 grams i had last year are almost gone

I am also growing the danish gold , i hope it will be as strong as the guerillia gold cuz i really love that strain

Latest posts

Latest posts