What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PNW Mountain Outdoor Grow '09

SpoCannabis

:wave: Oh, Herrrrow!! Thanks for checking out yet another of my grow threads!! :woohoo:This is the very first outdoor grow I have logged here on ICMag. Definitely looking forward to sharing a piece of my part of the world with all of you. Please feel free to ask questions / make comments on anything you see!!

:canabis: Pacific Northwest Mountain Outdoor Grow - 2009 :canabis:

picture.php

Well, to give you a lil background on the location - as the title states, its up in the mountains of the PNW. Currently there are 4 fairly closely spaced plots, with each ranging from 5-7 plants. Next year will be MUCH bigger lol. This is the first time using this location, and I have fallen in love - for lack of better words...definitely could have made a few more plots - prolly could have gotten around 50, nicely done. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20. The only, and I do mean ONLY downside to this location is there is no water source nearby. BUT, we are lucky enough to be able to drive very close to where our plots are - via deserted old logging road. Allowing us to pack in 8-10 5gal water jugs each time we visit the grow. :joint:

As I mentioned above, there are 4 different plots - each with its own 32gal rubbermaid trashcan rez. All of which are tucked under trees/shrubs for shade.

We dug out several holes in each of our plots to prepare for the soil mix we would be packing in. Our mix came courtesy of SubCool; and really I'm not a soil guy, but DAAAAMN this is a great mix!! If anyone is interested in the recipe, lemme kno. We also added Whitney Farms Potting Soil on the top and around the clones during transplanting. For protection from animals we used two in-ground, battery-powered vibrating probes that claim to deter small ground animals - seems to work quite well so far. They also claim they will run for 6-8 months off the "D" batteries. We also used specially designed deer odor-based deterants all around the plots, as well as human urine.

We initially started with 30 clones - 15 BubbaKush / 15 HinduKush. However, some of the lamer clones did not make it and take root; we were left with 24 clones that survived. Approx 14 are BK and 10 HK.

Here are some pics of the spot, hope you all enjoy ;-) I should be updating with pics bout once a week, as this is my typical schedule for checking on the grow. :smoker:

-- 1 WEEK AFTER PLANTING CLONES --

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

-- 2 WEEKS AFTER PLANTING CLONES --

--- walking back down after two weeks... :yoinks:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

prize Bubba...
picture.php

picture.php

prize Bubba again...
picture.php

prize Hindu...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SpoCannabis

Thanks Joe, K+. Thanks RES, K+ as well. Don't remember the name of it, but I got it at Home Depot....fairly inexpensive as well...

jakezking

SpoCannabis, I wish you much success! It looks like you have a sweet start for all of those sweet clones. Your location looks mighty Kush - Bubba and Hindu are some dang good strains. I'm looking forward to following along with their growth. Continued good luck!

SpoCannabis

GT - Hey thanks bro!! I will be getting back down to ur area soon - been super busy and haven't been making any trips. I'll hit ya up for sure :smoker:. Gonna cut you some freshies off these outdoor bubba and hindu. I'm SUPER interested in that BBKush!!

jakezking - Thanks a lot bro, K+ back to ya! Stick around...

MDBuz - Thanks :joint:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Lookin great so far
What Bubba Cut R U guys runnin "Over there"?
We R over on the coast
I'm Runnin
3-"Pre98Bubba"
3- "Sour Creek x Casey Jones"
in the "Hash Patch"
and Chesaw,The White,The Truck, and a PBSD4
so far in the back yard

Good luck
And the Deer over here Luv the Bubba
Friggin bastages
ATE
16 of them so far this year
We have not lost one in a week
Fingers crossed

SpoCannabis

Well....since I wont have any update shots of the outdoor plot until Tuesday, I thought I'd share some other outdoor photos of the beautiful PNW... Enjoy! :smoker:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php