PNW Mountain Outdoor Grow '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNW Mountain Outdoor Grow '09

Oh, Herrrrow!! Thanks for checking out yet another of my grow threads!! This is the very first outdoor grow I have logged here on ICMag. Definitely looking forward to sharing a piece of my part of the world with all of you. Please feel free to ask questions / make comments on anything you see!!

Pacific Northwest Mountain Outdoor Grow - 2009

Well, to give you a lil background on the location - as the title states, its up in the mountains of the PNW. Currently there are 4 fairly closely spaced plots, with each ranging from 5-7 plants. Next year will be MUCH bigger lol. This is the first time using this location, and I have fallen in love - for lack of better words...definitely could have made a few more plots - prolly could have gotten around 50, nicely done. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20. The only, and I do mean ONLY downside to this location is there is no water source nearby. BUT, we are lucky enough to be able to drive very close to where our plots are - via deserted old logging road. Allowing us to pack in 8-10 5gal water jugs each time we visit the grow.

As I mentioned above, there are 4 different plots - each with its own 32gal rubbermaid trashcan rez. All of which are tucked under trees/shrubs for shade.

We dug out several holes in each of our plots to prepare for the soil mix we would be packing in. Our mix came courtesy of SubCool; and really I'm not a soil guy, but DAAAAMN this is a great mix!! If anyone is interested in the recipe, lemme kno. We also added Whitney Farms Potting Soil on the top and around the clones during transplanting. For protection from animals we used two in-ground, battery-powered vibrating probes that claim to deter small ground animals - seems to work quite well so far. They also claim they will run for 6-8 months off the "D" batteries. We also used specially designed deer odor-based deterants all around the plots, as well as human urine.

We initially started with 30 clones - 15 BubbaKush / 15 HinduKush. However, some of the lamer clones did not make it and take root; we were left with 24 clones that survived. Approx 14 are BK and 10 HK.

Here are some pics of the spot, hope you all enjoy ;-) I should be updating with pics bout once a week, as this is my typical schedule for checking on the grow.

-- 1 WEEK AFTER PLANTING CLONES --

-- 2 WEEKS AFTER PLANTING CLONES --

--- walking back down after two weeks...

prize Bubba...

prize Bubba again...

prize Hindu...

+ "The Northwest's Finest" +

"Even if someone is not in favor of the marijuana legalization movement, they should be very concerned about a government that ignores the will of the voters."

+ 24 Bucket NEW rDWC - 6000w - TGA SubCool Variety + (CURRENT)
    + 28 Bucket rDWC - 4000w - Maui SuperDawg +
    + PNW Mountain Outdoor Grow '09 - BubbaKush / HinduKush +

ground probe

deer repeller

"Even if someone is not in favor of the marijuana legalization movement, they should be very concerned about a government that ignores the will of the voters."

Comment

Looks promising, good luck Bro...
      " 2003 Cannabis Cup Judge "

JOE CHRONIC's Indoor 2000 watt 4lb. grow----> https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35185

JOE CHRONIC's O.D. 2009 5 strain Thread----> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=122797

2012 Strain Lineup

B.O.G.'s - Sour Bubble
      B.O.G.'s - Sour Strawberry Kush - 2010 "Testers"

DJ's - Blueberry
      DJ's - True Blueberry
      DJ's - F-13

Dinafem - PowerKush
      Reddie1 - Chemdog x MAT

Comment

Nice plot bro What kind of deer repeller is that?

Comment

Thanks Joe, K+. Thanks RES, K+ as well. Don't remember the name of it, but I got it at Home Depot....fairly inexpensive as well...

Comment

one more to follow, best wishes, beautiful place!
            .^???®??S ?®Ø? ?£??

Click the gif to learn much more about HFH:

Comment

Hey esbe Thanks for stopping in and sharing your thoughts!!

Comment

what altitude are you at ?
                Amendment 20 compliant

Comment

Originally posted by rudeboy52 View Post
                  what altitude are you at ?
                  Somewhere around 3500-4000... not too high, but definitely up there....

Comment

Hey spo, lookin good man. wish i had the freedom for an outdoor crop.
                    Remember what I told you? NO pills, NO powder And If It grows from the ground, it's probably okay.
                    sigpic

Boom Boom Room of Doom!---Aborted

2K 4 bucket RDWC LVPK & Others---FINISHED

Green_Thumbs Terrarium Project---FINISHED

Current Grow---FINISHED

Comment

SpoCannabis, I wish you much success! It looks like you have a sweet start for all of those sweet clones. Your location looks mighty Kush - Bubba and Hindu are some dang good strains. I'm looking forward to following along with their growth. Continued good luck!

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

GT - Hey thanks bro!! I will be getting back down to ur area soon - been super busy and haven't been making any trips. I'll hit ya up for sure . Gonna cut you some freshies off these outdoor bubba and hindu. I'm SUPER interested in that BBKush!!

jakezking - Thanks a lot bro, K+ back to ya! Stick around...

MDBuz - Thanks

Comment

Got this one tagged up too...

Can't wait to see the show...

Peace...HF
                            1200 Watt Recirculating DWC 2008

1000 Watt RDWC Pure Power Plant

Comment

Lookin great so far
                              What Bubba Cut R U guys runnin "Over there"?
                              We R over on the coast
                              I'm Runnin
                              3-"Pre98Bubba"
                              3- "Sour Creek x Casey Jones"
                              in the "Hash Patch"
                              and Chesaw,The White,The Truck, and a PBSD4
                              so far in the back yard

Good luck
                              And the Deer over here Luv the Bubba
                              Friggin bastages
                              ATE
                              16 of them so far this year
                              We have not lost one in a week
                              Fingers crossed
                              Dr. Bud Greengenes, Phd. in THC
                              A.K.A "The Red-Eyed-Jedi"
                              "He Is Your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog.......You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader.....He Will Be Yours, Faithful, And True...To The Last Beat Of His Heart......You Owe It To Him To Be Worthy Of Such Devotion" ............... "Qui me amat.......Amet et Canus meum."
                              Growin' MJ since 1978....When it was all "Bag-Seed"

:headbange "I Do Because I Can, I Can Because I Want To, I Want To Because You Said I Couldn't" :headbange

Kidz....."Just say NO to MariWanna"
                              Always Grow real Marijuana....it Gets U High:abduct:
                              Nearly all medicines have toxic, potentially lethal effects. Marijuana is not such a substance. Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically-active substances known to man. DEA Administrative Law Judge, FL Young, 1988

Comment

Working...
                              X