What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis in Uruguay (South America 34°)

Kayaman

Veteran
Hello ICMAG.

This is the first thread of my own, I been at the forums starting with Overgrow in September 2004 and harvested my first grow in march 2005. Joined ICMAG with the OG crowd that moved here.

Always Inspired by folks like LaManoNegra, Green Ambassador, Raco, Esbe, Chaman, Medjool, Dubi, Charlie Garcia, Patolunga, Timbo1 (from OG), Rainha GInga, Tom Hill and many others.
Always reading their threads, not posting that much, but learning a lot of the good stuff. I'm growing for 5 years now.
Never bought a single seed and never will. This is a plant.

I was lucky to receive some fine genes and I'm trying my best to have the quality ganja I can grow at my location. I grow at a Back terrace, we can grow all year round here. In this time (summer) the terrace reaches 40+°C so i Have to keep a good look at them when it's that hot. In my country the herb that's reachable most of the time is pure shit. it comes mainly from Paraguay. All bricked with many herm seed and all leaves in the pack, bitter, dry and smells bad. Sometimes good genes can be found at bricks. I will also post pictures of gardens of friends grows here in which I provided the seed and Instructed the growers on the main important things.

Let's start with actual pictures of a couple of grows going at the moment.

This are flowering at my bother in law's house...Many of this seed can't be purchased.
At the back is a beautiful paraguayan sativa from a nice weed in brick
The one in the middle is (Neville's Haze x Uzbekistan) x Malawi
And in the front there are two Pakistan.

(Neville's Haze x Uzbekistan) x Malawi

Pakistan

Paraguayan (Now drying) :yummy:

All of them are polinized with Lesotho x Uzbekistan F2 (Called Cantarela)

:rasta:

At my terrace I am working as well with LMN (RIP) genetics mostly.

I have 2 clones of Cantarela F1, 2 Cantarela F2, 2 Nevilles' Haze x Uzb (I love this one) then 1 (Angola Roja x Banghi x Malawi) and 1 OT Haze x (Angola Roja x Banghi)

Group Pic

All of them polinized on thier preflowers with Cantarela F2 pollin. Mostly to backcross Cantarela (Mom F1 x Son F2)

Cantarela male / Female. Male now gone.

Another F2 girl

F1 clone

I will post Pics in a Weekly basis or so and check the thread as often as I can. I work Online so it shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to comment/suggest. It will be appreciated.

Thank you ICMAG! :joint:

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
AWESOME bro! just love to follow your summer while winter here. so happy you decided to put on a thread of your own after that long time! also happy to see your working on LMNs genetics. best grow wishes my friend, i will be with you all the way. plants look like well nursed. very interesting new Cantarela crosses bro!

Kayaman

Veteran
Thanks a lot esbe! I appreciate it!

Stick around for more while you enjoy your harvest my friend :D

All the best for this new year for you and yours. :joint:

L

levant

Yes Kayaman I'm loving the look of your plants especially the Paraguayan!

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
very nice grow kayaman, really enjoy seeing such fine crosses , i will enjoy stopping in and watching your grow progress, all the best wishes :wave:

Kayaman

Veteran
Hi :wave:

Thank you for dropping levant and DimeBag65!

Paddi, we will try that beauty in a couple of days when it's dry, all the credit for this lanky girl goes to my brother-in law, I'm always sceptic to start seeds from brick with good genes side by side, he was totally right on this one and we got lucky! Also a clone of this one is growing, we called it "Moco de Gorila" or 'Gorillas booger' :D since the brick it came on was a sticky black/greenish chunk. :D

Here are some previous shots of this girl.

And here Cantarelas that I'm smoking at the moment.

:jump: Is great to have a thread!!

Gist

Kayaman,

I am also growing in a more or less South American climate, and I am lucky enough to have some LMN (RIP) genetics as well. Your garden gives me inspiration to start planting! You have some beautiful plants.

peace

Kayaman

Veteran
Thank you Gist.
That's great, try those seeds when you have the chance, you won't regret it, I can confirm. :joint:

Stay cool

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Beautiful plants bro! This year i´m also growing some NH x Uz (f2) and a few paraguayans. Sometimes i find interesting things in these paraguayan genetics. Congrats!!

Kayaman

Veteran
Update!

Update!

Hey blan-k-flor :wave:
Nice to see you around. I'm loving the NHxUzb. One pheno I got is wonderful herb, It can be smelled from a block away when it's well cured and burning.
Also Amazing high.

Here's a group shot of my terrace today.

(You can see the little clones I took at the right side on top of the white bucket)

Here are the two Cantarela F1 clones (7th batch of clones since oct 07), they will end in those 4L pots. I have to keep them in small pots and keep green mass down here, that's why I tie them down.
This two are pollinated with Cantarela F2. 6 more weeks to harvest...

Cantarela F2 girl, this one is in 16L pot and I just tied her, she's starting to stretch. Also has pollin on her preflowers like all the others.

Another Cantarela F2, this one had the Cantarela F2 male growing along in the same pot. Now It's adjusting to the ties and shooting branches up!

Seeds starting to drop already... :jump:
F2 x F2

Neville's Haze x Uzbekistan F1

Both girls in the same 10L pot (Because of plant numbers and space)

They weren't tied before, I just force bended them, now adjusting.
This are starting to flower.

Finally the Sativa ones...

Right: (Angola Roja x Banghi) x Malawi 4L pot
Left: OT Haze x (Angola Roja x Banghi) 2L pot

They look pale and are begging for a transplant, I will do that the next week. This two can get enormous if I don't control their growing.
They will get nice sized pots to finish at peace.

Happy growing folks :joint:

Last edited:

candamo

greetings my southamerican brotha! nice back yard you got there... i wish i could do that on mine hehe

what ferts do you use over there and how is the temperature?

KEEPONGROWIN'

Last edited:

Kayaman

Veteran
All organic for me Candamo. I add bird/bat guano to the soil as well as bone meal and wood ashes, cow manure and mostly fert with guano teas every 2 weeks or so.

Temps go from 0C the coldest day of the year (sometimes it goes a bit under that) and 40C on hot days. We can grow all year round here with a bit of care and extra light so they don't flower small.

Stay cool.

Kayaman

Veteran
:wave: outdoor_organic & randude101
Thank you for your words...LMN passed away recently and I was lucky to receive some seed from his fine work last year. I appreciate his work very much and got me working on his legacy as well as many other folks around here.

In the future maybe some other folks may get lucky.
Who knows ;)
:joint::rasta:

Kayaman

Veteran
Hi Randude...You definitely won't regret visiting or living in my country, It's small, quiet, has amazing beaches, warm climate, lovely ladies, no nature threats at all, and the people is always kind with foreigners. It's not cause I'm living here, but is a really good/quiet place to live if you are lucky enough to have a decent job.

I'll come back later with updates from the other grow.

I'm heading out to the beach btw...:cool:
See you soon people!

Kayaman

Veteran
Update

Update

Here's the situation at my bro in law's home.

First the paraguayan ladie (Moco de Gorila)

We cut most of it and we tested a dried bud and let me tell you...totally incredible! spaced out like there's no tomorrow....all in the head. Great high.
We couldn't finish the hole doob.
Here are some buds that we left there for the cantarela F2 seeds to ripen since the pollin was applied kind of late.

Here's one of the pakistan ladies.

This are fully seeded and it seems that they didn't packed the weight we expected, maybe due to not so long nights(they are flowering in summer here) anyways the legacy on them should be a bomb.
Pakistan x (Lesotho x Uzbekistan F2) Exotic as it gets! :yummy:

And finally the one that got me static. :jump:
(Neville's Haze x Uzbekistan) x Malawi

It has some seeds as well and surprisingly it turned purple! :D
I can't wait to test this ganja :jump:

Thank you for dropping by.