What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

easy way to make labels for my jars of dank?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
just put a small paper in side the jar with the writting facing out ,thats what i do

LOL... that'd be a real *stickynote* in any jar of bud I grew myself.

Seriously... with the drifts that pile up in the bottom of the jars, I always put it on the outside. :D

Sharpie markers write well on glass... and it rubs off pretty well if you scrub hard. That... or just use the paper/marker/tape combo on the outside. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
since i created this thread...i have simply been using a sharpie and rubbing alcohol to erase...cheers!

big twinn

Veteran
I use Masking tape, a sharpie, and a little bit of creativity to make it look good. Putting the strain name on it is not such a big deal, when you are around your plants enough they all will have there characteristics that easily identifies them, but its useful if you are glancing at the top when selecting vs. opening each jar to explore the contents. Harvest date is whats import for me to label.
Cheers,
-BT

L

lordofthenugz

I actually use PSL's or pressure sensitive labels and a sharpie so I can date it.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tape and a permanent marker or pen cheapest and easiest.

If you want to get tech with it get a label maker that uses the adhesive backed rolls but thats a bit un-necessary IMO.

diseasedmind

I Use this works great, I find myself labeling everything with this.

you can adjust the font, prints in like 2 seconds onto a sticker, and has a built in cutter.

@walmart < $20

Attachments

• dymo_letratag.jpg
    dymo_letratag.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 53

Wolverine97

Veteran
Paint markers are great. When you need to change the label, just use some rubbing alcohol and voila, clean slate.

St. Phatty

You used to be able to get free labels from the Post Office.

But they seem to have cracked down :)

No Labels for Me !!!

imiubu

Sharpie and masking tape, painters tape or my favorite; Waterproof Adhesive Tape when shopping in the First Aid section.
Takes a sharpie well and peels off w/ out goo.
A few years back I found a box of 5000 computer labels at a thrift shop priced $3.09 (+ Tax). I use these to label everything now haha.
Easily removed w/ out much cleaning (if any).
I also use a different color sharpie for each years harvests for quick ID.

Mtez44

Sticker paper for printer and paper cutter. Print your design, multiples on one sheet then cut in paper cutter

St. Phatty

I used to borrow labels from the Post Office.

But a funny thing happened ... they stopped giving them away !

Masking tape, Duct tape.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
You can buy a pen for glass. Though a sharpie seems ample.
The $tore sell 250 coloured cable ties. 50 red/green/yellow/blue and black. I use these as plant markers. Each plant is assigned a colour or combination of colours. These little flags follow the plants through the drying process, and onward into the storage containers.

The P-touch range is quite good. A roll of blanks with their nice rounded corners look nice. It's just a waste of stickers though, when the pen writes perfectly well on the glass.
filedata/fetch?filedataid=2021613

Attachments

• attach17968091.jpg
    attach17968091.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 63
  • photo2021613.jpg
    photo2021613.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 55