What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diesel Kush (aka Reefs Sour Diesel)

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
hiya there folks.
just wanted to share with you some pics of Diesel Kush.
Theres a bit of confusion floating around out there as to whats in Reefs sour diesel.

These pictures represent Reefermans OLDER stock of what was THEN called Reefermans Sour Diesel.

here was the write up on it when purchased.

Breeder: Reeferman
Diesel Kush (previously RMS Sour Diesel)

From deep within the seed vault of Seedbay, and much to our surprise and excitement, was located several packs of RMS Sour Diesel...however, RMS has since renamed this variety to Diesel Kush...quote from Reeferman on www.icmag.com ....
"My new RM disel is totally disel dominant the old line is renamed disel kush ! becouse the kush is so dominant !"

Here's RM's description:

The original sour diesel clone was crossed with a classic citrusy kush ibl to make something really explosive. Easy to grow, making high yields, crazy shit in both the flavor department and deep stash headies that you lied to your wife and say it was gone much sooner than it actually was, to fulfill your hunger, your fiendish fiendish cannahunger.. some good things actually come from New York. SOME BAD ASS SHIT!!!
Inside Finish Time: 9-10 weeks

so....

these pics represent
(M)Citrus Kush x (F) Sour Diesel Clone

the first 3 pics are of a specimen grown in an egg drop soup container.
when finished at 68 days she yielded a dry 11g.

and here are larger bud pics from larger specimens from the same pack of seeds.

its decent.
had one plant that smelled like cat piss and puke while growing.
straight up gnarly.
in a good way of course.

all in all it was very easy grow.
FFOF
600 (mh in veg hps in flower)
EJ nute regime.
brown sugar as additive.
nuthin else.

pretty easy as long as pH was correct.
troublefree grow and not picky at all.

tks for stopping by and hit me up if youve got any questions about the grow or would like more pics.

cheers!

*******edit..........

heres another capture i had on hand.
its another smaller sample of
Diesel Kush Reeferman Seeds

Last edited:
G

guest5703

That shit looks awesome bro, nice work huh? Those dry nugs really look like something I wanna get a hold of. PEACE

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
hiya folks....

thanks for stopping by.

all in all this was good pot.
it wasnt as potent as i would have liked but its definately no slouch. i just have a huge tolerance.

yields are, i would say, above average, and the quality is high. aero growers could prolly get these things enormous.
buzz, tho, is about a 7- 7.5 out of 10, imo.

decent buzz
tastes good
yields well
makes great iso hash. burned to FMCD, as well, so, thats a plus. (if my camera was better id post some macro pix...)
very trouble and stress free grow.
i could whole heartedly recommend this to anyone. with no problems.

reeferman, usually, has a good lineup.

again, tks for passin thru and saying hello on your way!!

be good out there

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
sugabear_II said:
thanks for the report - I scooped up some of these when they were cheap on the bay.

-suga

hahahah

youre lucky

i got em at $120 (2 packs mind you)
and saw em for $50 a month later.

aw well...

they yield handsomely. but look quite different from other, more recent specimens of RMS sour diesel ive been seeing.

these (my versions) were definately kush dominant.
all the phenos, i had, leaned indica. true to reefermans description of the strain i grew out.

ive got quite a bit more and she'll def find space in another round....
ill make a more detailed write up on that when the bridge comes to be crossed.....

tks for stopping thru, as well, the one will, caligreen and digitalhippy
always nice to see friendly faces!

:wave:

HouseHead

First time seeing reef's sour diesel. Looks tasty and has some nice colors. Nice grow hubcap and thanks for the show!

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
how is the yeild??? the pink kush X black seed and kodiak gold were kinda pathetic....how does this strain compare??? nice lookin bud by the way

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I am running this cross from S1's that GoldKing made. The pheno I have makes dank lemon diesel flavored nuggets. Laziest bitch in my garden, has to be two foot tall before bloom in order to become fullfilled, very low stretch. Been growing it for over a year, think I got it right and harvested a plant that was over 2z's twice in that time, bitch to grow right. But she is still in the garden needs yellow to be happy.
H

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
hiya haps and tks for stoppin thru.....

the plants i had had barely any stretch, as well.
but they all yielded pretty well and had none of the lemon smell that youve mentioned your special lady has.
as time and the cure goes on....sort of a rotten orange smell is starting to eminate but nothing overpowering. sort of a dirty sock and old orange peel smell......

are the buds of your pheno pretty potent or what?
i felt the buzz was a little lacking but i wouldnt go as far as to say the bud is lame.

seems to be the general consensus on the older Diesel Kush.

decent buds.
decent buzz.
but not great.

hey haps. you got any pics for comparison?
id love to see a few if youve got them

tks for stoppin thru and adding your experience with her, haps.
alot of buzz surrounds this strain and im glad people are throwing their experiences with her out there for the masses.

be good out there and party the new year in safely!!!

*****edit....*****
sorry nycdfan....
your question got lost in the sauce....

i havent run kodiak gold, personally, but have smoked it, and, i think its a bit stronger than the diesel kush. didnt hear anything about a tough grow or skimpy yields so youre prolly safe there as well.....(again, only speaking from smoking experience, not a growers perspective)
pink kush and blackseed ive never run so ive nothing to compare the DK to there.

cant wait to get your WW x ISS beans in some dirt..........

Last edited:
reeferman never had any real sour diesel..i smoked some grown by the man and can promise it's not sour...the pics don't even look like sd one bit! it sucks when people try to capitalize on the hype...

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Phil N. Heiman said:
reeferman never had any real sour diesel..i smoked some grown by the man and can promise it's not sour...the pics don't even look like sd one bit! it sucks when people try to capitalize on the hype...
Kinda reminds me of some of the pollen chuckers around here... :muahaha:

So Phil, you felt the need to dig-up a month old postive and informative thread to just to troll??? WTF. And you smoked some of Reef's Sour D with him and told him it sucked??

Last edited:

nandro

Phil N. Heiman said:

Agreed, I feel so bad for those that are easily misled by Reeferman [he's really good at what he does, can't blaim him, either, for that], but there's no doubt these pix are some good herb. My thoughts are the same as yours, brother Phil, no doubt, but I gotta give credit where its due.

Peace,
Nandro :sasmokin:

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
nandro said:
Agreed, I feel so bad for those that are easily misled by Reeferman [he's really good at what he does, can't blaim him, either, for that], but there's no doubt these pix are some good herb. My thoughts are the same as yours, brother Phil, no doubt, but I gotta give credit where its due.

Peace,
LOL............

Its a WFT BBQ

The buds and report from the starter of this thread are all good??? But are just not good enough? WTF are you saying??

Can you 2 birds post some of your pictures of Reeferman's gear that YOU have grown?

nandro

Bacchus said:
LOL............

Its a WFT BBQ

The buds and report from the starter of this thread are all good??? But are just not good enough? WTF are you saying??

Can you 2 birds post some of your pictures of Reeferman's gear that YOU have grown?

Basically, I was giving credit to his growing skills and the fact those nugs do, infact, look great.....REGARDLESS of what I think of Reef...thats all.....giving credit where due....I had no idea this thread was old...LOL Wanted to post somethin positive after a kinda-negative remark...

peace,

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
hehehehe

what'd i miss fellahs?

ahhh...nevermind.
sounds like it all ended well.

tks for stoppin thru....

U

UBER21

Hey hubcap smelled like old dirty sock and orange citrus :Bolt: ........lmao...omg that had me on the floor.......crying....thanx bud for the very detailed smoke reports.......and yes this thread is old....lol.... :laughing:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts