What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NIRVANA SEEDS FAN THREAD

MrMagic

Very discerning to hear some are not getting A+ plants from their packs . I just ordered 2 packs of each .... Ice , chrystal & bubblicious ... plus a freebie pack of venus fly trap . I am very stoked about getting these & poppin them . Hoping for at least 1 great keeper from each !!! :tiphat:

I dont think they have A+ genetics to begin with but I wish you the best in your search.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
What does everyone thing are the best Autoflowering Strains at Nirvana?

I just picked up some of Mdanzig's specials from the store here and wanted to get some more variety.

Wish Nirvana offered M/F Autoflowers instead of only fem'd....

Grow On!
Budelight

gws35

Sorry to say, but Nirvana's quality has steadily declined in recent yrs...used to be you'd get 10-25% crap pheno's, now yer lucky to get two decent pheno's out of ten. Scrawny, low yielding..weak potency, hemplike plants seem to be the norm nowadays. Nirvana needs to chuck every strain theyve got, and start from scratch with all new genetics..

growbig789

Maui Waui

Maui Waui

Haven't seen too much other info on the Hawaii Maui Waui. I grew out 5 females over the course of the past 2 1/2 yrs and have kept 2. One in particular is my favorite and I am gonna try to keep it going as long as I can and have made some seed crosses with it (c99 male).

My fav was not the highest yielder out of the 5, but it had by far the most frost, best smell, and best up/thinking/clear high out of all. If you had to try and classify it i would say 80% sativa. Smell is sweet/fruit punch/jolly rancher close to harvest. Cures up nice with a continued strong sweet/fruity smell, smokes nice and its pretty potent. I ran it 65 days.

P1010058.jpg P1010061.jpg P1010080.jpg P1010122.jpg P1010120.jpg

Other phenos I had included one that looked more classic sativa with longer/skinny leaves and more airy bud, and one that had crazy hairs and a bit more skunk to it that also has a more stony feel and I kept that one too (pics below). Was real happy with these..

DSC_0073.jpg DSC_0195.jpg DSC_0321.jpg

bigAl25

Veteran
I really don't know about Nirvana's declining quality. My 2010 grow of bubblelicious and AK48 fem seeds were outstanding. I have 4 bubblelicious breaking ground now and will let you know how they turn out. I'm expecting the same great quality as 2011, and the price was right with a free fem 5 pack added to my order. I still believe in Nirvana compared to my female seeds experience in 2012. That was a very disapointing grow full of hermies. Not a problem with Nirvana fems.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I just chopped a Nirvanna Swiss Cheese.. I'd run it a couple years ago and everyone, including me, liked the hell out of it.. good yielder (good for me) I've never been disappointed in any of the strains I've tried from Nirvanna.. and regarding the remarks about Female Seeds selections, I've done 2, the Widowrella and their Iced Grapefruit.. both huge yielders of some of the most boring product I've ever come accross.. it did the job and my less hard to impress friends were good with it, but nobody missed it when I stopped doing them.

mgk :tiphat:

audioaddict

Here's a couple of pics from my latest Nirvana lady.

Started a few new seeds off for this run as I have been running the same clones for a few years now, included some Nirvana Citral into the mix and ended up with this promising specimen;

Day 40
picture.php

picture.php

Maybe a little bit leafy but the bud is already starting to feel nice and dense and she smells beautifully fruity/hashy!
Will keep you guys updated.

mmmcake

looks great ganja maker :tiphat: i still have some papaya beans. i really liked the pheno i had. hope to run it again soon.

Fuckin beautiful! How was the smell? Extremely impressed with the look, bud set, and strong structure. May be the first Nirvana I run.

Hey all, long time lurker/fan of the site. Been a Nirvana fan for just about as long. This is my Northern Light x Shiva I found back in 2009. I absolutely love her, and will keep her around as long as I possibly can. I did a grow report for the IC mag strain guide, just waiting for it to be approved. Thanks everybody for looking!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40913&pictureid=968091&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40913&pictureid=968096&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40913&pictureid=968095&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40913&pictureid=968094&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40913&pictureid=968093&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Dirt Life

Veteran
Fuckin beautiful! How was the smell? Extremely impressed with the look, bud set, and strong structure. May be the first Nirvana I run.

Hey, thanks GK. The smell is a little on the pungent side for an NL hybrid. Sweet skunky funk, with a black pepper smell taking over in mid flower. She does pump out big buds, I just wish she was a bit denser. Kind of like popcorn balls, or rice cakes, but softer. If you have NL/Shiva beans, do em up! Easy plant to grow, she just really loves to bush out.

That Rhino and Papaya look incredible! Grew out rhino before with nothing really special coming from it, but that's the luck of the draw. Papaya I still have yet to get. Great jobs on those plants, ppl!

:)

audioaddict

My Citral ended up going a bit mad... she was a very wild leafy pheno and probably would have gone on flowering for 10+ weeks but for the fact that she went nuts hermying first.

She had been chucking out the odd naner here and there from about 6 weeks onward, but at 9 weeks she went ape and started chucking them out of almost every calyx. lol

wouldn't have made a huge difference as she was seeded from some pollen chucking I'd been doing anyway.

picture.php

picture.php

Still a nice enough smoke though, smooth to toke in a pure joint with a nice sweet/creamy aroma and after taste.
Potent enough too, makes you giggle like a naughty child when it hits you. :laughing:

yoss33

Veteran
The Papaya (i.e. Chitral x Ice) I grew outdoors in 2012 turned out quite similar to your Chitral - it was leafy and very slow to flower, I had to chop it kind of immature in the middle of October. The high too is pleasant and happy, refreshing on the head, easy and relaxed on the body.
Not bad at all, though not what I'd expected.

PPP is absolutely amazing, Ice was amazing, afghan was a sleep and pain bomb, cali-O Bud was pretty good. anybody have any words, pix, or comments about the Hindu Kush??

wouldn't have made a huge difference as she was seeded from some pollen chucking I'd been doing anyway.

so how do you know which are viable seeds you crossed and which are herm doggy dogs??

Last edited:

audioaddict

so how do you know which are viable seeds you crossed and which are herm doggy dogs??

I would hazard a guess that most, if not all, seeds where the result of the cross rather than the herms as she didn't really start chucking out the naners until a few weeks before the chop so the seeds from self pollinations won't have had time to fully form.

On a side note I still haven't found any green or unformed seeds either, so maybe they weren't viable hermies after all. :ying:

HashCat

I would like to get some New Purple Power. I did a run about 6years ago and it was killer herb. Also was a big fan of the Hawaiian x Skunk #1. I don't know if they even have these breeds anymore.