What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - Harvest Photos

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
My main grow is finally beginning to reach the end of the first flower phase - the eight-week plants are all flushing, and the next batch of new eight-week plants is ready to go in. There's a few longer-flowering strains that will go a few more weeks yet, so I'm going to photograph each plant as I harvest it, and post the results here. Once they've dried, and before they go into curing, I'll edit the entry to update the yield for each variety. Should be spectacular...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
1. Flo (purple pheno #3) - 57 days.

1. Flo (purple pheno #3) - 57 days.

This pheno has dramatically improved since last time - mainly down to better nutes, more attention to root development, and a longer veg time. The old problem I had of the shade leaves withering and dropping off (indoors only) has vanished, meaning the buds are much larger, the aroma is dramatically stronger and more fruity, and the color is way more dramatic. In short, it's expressed better than I've ever seen it.

It's still not a great yielder - the green pheno is much better in that department, but the flavour is incredible, and the high superlative - and that was when grown with problems! This time I think it will be just perfect. The slight difference in color in some pics is due the the 'close-up' mode of the camera using an 'auto' white-balance, which can't be altered. Even so, there's some pretty wild colors going on here...:)

Total Yield (manicured buds): 35 grams (1.25 ounces)

Last edited:
G

that shit looks like the fire; do you know what your final yield is going to be like?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I doubt the yield will be huge - maybe 1.5 ounces? The Flo buds are hard, and very dry - they don't hold much water, and so don't shrink that much - but apart from the top buds, most are small, compared to some of the strains I've got. I don't mind - this is head smoke, for special occasions - the green one will bring in more, definitely.

G

Elevator Man said:
I don't mind - this is head smoke, for special occasions.

those are the best kind! I always tried to mix my grows between a good commercial performer, and then a little somethin' special!

HashishinReidi

Lovely looking buds there m8, did you have low temps as that would of helped alot to get them that colour or does that strain just gothat way .

G

Do you have any Thais in flower close to harvest? What all is about ready?

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
No Thais yet - they're just at the 'mature seedling' stage...around six-ten inches tall - they go in the main room shortly...:)

This strain turns purple regardless of what the temps are, but at the moment, the lights-off temps are very low - around 55F. Lights-on it's closer to 80F, so quite a contrast! The plants are happy enough at that temperature with CO2 - it's much colder tonight outside, so the growroom is perfect!

The green Flo is also turning purple on the calyxes, but that's more of a light/pigment-related trait - it's only purple on the surfaces facing the light. This strain is way heavier-yielding than the purple though, and foxtails like crazy. I'll do an update of the whole room tomorrow in the usual place...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
They're drying out nicely too - luckily Flo doesn't hold much water, and after 48 hours hanging, I've just clipped the buds off the stems - they dry faster that way. I'm not rushing it at all, but there's no point keeping moisture in the buds that doesn't need to be there! I reckon I can get this in jars by Friday.

Just smoked an early test bud I chopped from a couple of days before harvest, and it's flavoursome and very potent... :yummy:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice pics elevator

ive always wanted to try flo looks amazing and has been known to taste lovely

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
(EXHALES...)...phew...it does taste lovely... :yummy:

I can't recommend it highly enough, if you can cope with the slightly lower yields than normal - from the purple phenos at least. The green one is bigger.

I'm planning to try and do an incross of the green pheno with the best purple male to try and get the larger bud trait spread across the lines - maybe not possible, but it'll be fun trying! I'll be posting pics of the shortlisted males in the Flo breeding thread (in DJ Short's forum) later today... :chin:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey friend nice job! Nice images too! Your PoTM nomination is nice but needs a thread link added. Makes me want to pack up my lenses and come visit.....you need to add this link to your signature for sure.....Good job again I'll be watching for more, Dr. Duck.

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
2. Mystery Strain - 61 days.

2. Mystery Strain - 61 days.

This is the Mystery Strain just before harvest, and I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and say that I think now that this strain is pure Northern Lights #5, which is 25% Thai, as far as I remember.

This is an educated guess based on comparisons between this and the NL X BB, and other NLs friends have grown and I've smoked in the past. Also the high of this strain is considerably more potent and mind-warping than other NLs, which are usually quite mellow - it will give lightweights a 'whitey' quite easily. Saying that, I have saved a few parties from destruction by drunks by giving them a loaded spliff of this one and then watching them collapse in a heap ten minutes later...:)

It's been around the scene for years, and so I think this may be the last time I grow this - I must have run at least eight grows with it, and I'm ready to move on - I can always get it again if I need it. The smell is famous and incredible - like acetone solvent rather than fuel/diesel - it smells heavily of peardrop candy and fruity, spicy hash, and when properly cured has all sorts of extra aromas in there - incense, lavender, Turkish Delight - it's amazing. It's very branchy, unlike the NLs, and will always bush out if given the chance. It's only real weak spot is a low resistance to spider-mites.

I've crossed this with Flo, as I have everything, and I'll be concentrating on growing out that cross in future - gotta keep moving on! So here's the best of the best...:)

Total Yield (manicured buds): 105 grams (3.75 ounces)

Last edited: