What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - Harvest Photos

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'm really not sure - there's been so many, and there weren't many I didn't like! Although some of them, like my Mystery Strain, are very pungent and strong and very memorable, I think for sheer excitement, it still has to be my main purple Flo - there's something so unique about it, and so sophisticated, that it barely smells or tastes like cannabis at all - like a mix of fine herbs, berries, cream, mint, chocolate, tobacco, coffee, lilies - it's so complex I barely know where to start.

oaktree

Elevator Man you always have the most beautiful plants. I'm very envious of such a great garden :D As always it's a pleasure to see your work. How is it working with DJ shorts gear... easy to grow, fun? Did you get any mutants?

Peace:canabis:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind comments. I did get a few mutants - more in the Cocoas than the Vanillas, but the keepers are growing out of the mutant stage now. The Cocoa pheno #1 was quite twisty right up to harvest, but I don't mind that, and methinks that could be a good stealth strategy for an outdoor grow...:chin

G

Elevator Man said:
I'm really not sure - there's been so many, and there weren't many I didn't like! Although some of them, like my Mystery Strain, are very pungent and strong and very memorable, I think for sheer excitement, it still has to be my main purple Flo - there's something so unique about it, and so sophisticated, that it barely smells or tastes like cannabis at all - like a mix of fine herbs, berries, cream, mint, chocolate, tobacco, coffee, lilies - it's so complex I barely know where to start.

I remember that Flo well and I think it was probably the tastiest too, the Kentish Cream and other Flo phenos were close seconds tho, one of the GK phenos reminded me of that Flo as it had a dark complex taste.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Vanilluna Buds...

Vanilluna Buds...

Well, there's another of those purple Flos at four weeks now, and it's a proper bush this time. I'm going to have one last go with my remaining Flo pollen to try and make a few seeds from this pheno - if no luck, I'll have to make another super-stud instead...:)

Now if you can form an orderly queue now, and don't push at the back...here's some Vanilluna buds from phenos #2 and #4.

Like the man said way back when...
This quasi-hybrid grows medium-tall Kush-like plants with short nodes, large, dark green foliage, thick-yet-sturdy hollow stems and tight, spade shaped buds of dense-but-elongated and swollen calyx/bract flowers completely coated in large, clear trichome of superior aromatics.
Damn right...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
33. Vanilluna, pheno #1 - 63 days.

33. Vanilluna, pheno #1 - 63 days.

This was the most sativa Vanilluna, and a lot bigger to boot - similar to one of the Cocoa Kush, it has big, fluffy buds, abundant resin, and nice hollow stems. The leaves are also totally undeformed, and very elegant compared to the other phenos - the whole plant is a much more attractive specimen really.

The other main difference is the aroma - no fruit at all, but a strange mix of creamy vanilla (possibly even rice pudding?), tobacco, and earthy, spicy hash - though it's still not fully dry, and I expect the flavour to richen somewhat, as the others did, over the next week. I had a small test smoke, and this one is very mellow and hashy, but still not narcotic or sleepy - just creamy, like the taste!

I'm going to try and leave this one alone for a few days to improve, but with probably double the yield of any of the other phenos (at least an ounce this time!), it's definitely a keeper. Assuming my one flowering clone makes it through. Anyway, for now, as this is the last of the test plants - enjoy the feast...

RoastedO

:dance:

Those Vanillas & Cocoas have total drool factor!:D Excellent reports, they sound like keepers 4 sure.. Lookin forward to see what you think after you get some cure to em too.. :joint:

:respect:

All the best,
RO

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks RoastedO - appreciated. I'm afraid they won't get that much of a cure this time around - I don't have much else to smoke, so it's tricky - would love to leave it two months, but maybe next time! Next harvest is not for another three to four weeks, so I've got a while to go if I'm not to buy any. But the Vanillunas are fantastic.

Of course, I do have this now...:)

Z10N

excellent reports & pics EM!
the cocoaK and VN sure are special!
I agree the purple Flo has some of the most unique and complex aromas of chocolate that I only smelt on the flo.
what are this resin balls made of? :D loooks *YUMMMMMY!*

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Hey Z10N - good to see you again. The ball was made from the trim I've collected since Xmas - so every strain from Grape Krush onwards in this thread, plus a contribution from a friend, plus some I put in from buds I bought that needed another trim! I estimated there's at least 20 different strains in there. And it's awesome smoke - not too narcotic, but very, very strong...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
34. Mikado 'f2', pheno #2 - 63 days.

34. Mikado 'f2', pheno #2 - 63 days.

This is the first of the Mikados to come down, and the tallest, at 26 inches - probably the heaviest yielder too, although the others aren't far behind. I'm really impressed with these plants - very good mite resistance, superb bud/leaf ratio, and extremely vigorous and heavily branched in veg - just what you need indoors. Not the most resinous plants I've ever grown, but apparently the high is always powerful, so I'm not too worried.

The smell of this one is divine - sweet grapefruit/pineapple/citrus - UK growers may be familiar with the 'Lilt' soft drink ('with the totally tropical taste')? It's just like that. The buds are hard, and I'm hoping I may have finally cracked the 2-ounce barrier with this one - significant in a small cabinet, as this was from seed - from clone they'll be even better. The larger top buds are a good nine inches in length.

The tale that Mikado is a fast-flowering strain hasn't come across here, although as they were f2s from the seed-packet, there may be faster phenos yet to come - I've still got a few seeds left, but I doubt I'll need to start them just yet, and I'm completely fine with a nine-week stretch if they produce buds like this...:)

G

Yah EMan did well....

Cool to see this thread going on...........
SHe may not be the shinniest,but that dont matter!
All in the smoke.......MORE man MORE updates..

Oh them Thai are going very slowly......but still goin on.......

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks Lou, doobieduck - I just photographed #2, the strawberry/raspberry pheno, and am going to start chopping now. I've got to clear out some more dross from my gallery before I can upload the next batch, but today, definitely...

Can't wait to see the Thais again. Just got some fresh sticks...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
35. Mikado 'f2', pheno #1 - 64 days.

35. Mikado 'f2', pheno #1 - 64 days.

Here's the second Mikado - the strawberry pheno. Structurally it's very similar to the last one, except a touch more sativa in appearance and branching - also the pistils are more golden than the brick-orange of the last one, and overall the buds are drying to a lighter color. Some of the buds were accidentally (only lightly) seeded, due to a hermie JLo that was pulled immediately. Whether or not to use these seeds sometime is my current ponder!

The strawberry (or raspberry maybe?) smell is gorgeous - light, but definitely there. Resin coverage is medium, like the last one, and in most respects, there's little to separate them physically - yield also looks to be identical. Both plants are almost dry, so I can give an initial response in a few days. The last pheno, which seem the most indica physically, is still going - I don't want to pull it with white pistils everywhere, and there's still calyx-swelling, and some purpling going on. I'll pull it Thursday at ten weeks, as it's in the way by then!

In the meantime, here's the strawberry Mikado:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
36. Mikado 'f2', pheno #3 - 70 days.

36. Mikado 'f2', pheno #3 - 70 days.

The third and final Mikado f2, and I think possibly the heaviest yielder - the buds felt pretty heavy on trimming. This one is less visually pleasing, but I suspect may be the most potent, not least because of the extra week required - and it could have gone a little longer, but I really needed the space.

The smell is also quite different, at least fresh - much less fruity, and more spicy/hashy with a liqueur background - very similar to a couple of the Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indicas I grew last year. The buds are more indica too, with a 'shaggy' profile, and less of the extended colas of the other two - also there's very slight purpling at the tips.

This pheno also seems to be very mite-resistant, with barely a leaf touched by anything - the strain overall is very hardy, which is good in a confined space! Some of the buds are more heavily seeded by my accidental JLo 'contamination', but not enough to be depressing, and they may prove interesting for research in the future...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
37. 'JLo' (Kentish Creme X Flo) test plant - 56 days.

37. 'JLo' (Kentish Creme X Flo) test plant - 56 days.

Here's the first result of my experimental cross 'JLo', made from the exceptional, but decidedly odd 'Kentish Creme', which was mystery bagseed from Jamaica, crossed with my purple Flo male, which has already produced some fine offspring. I've had these seeds for well over a year, and finally got to try them out recently for an ongoing breeding program - partly as the KC is clone-only, and partly as I'm convinced both parents can reinforce each other's strengths in a particular direction I'd like - psychedelic, stimulating but very comfortable and anti-anxiety, and easy for anyone to grow indoors.

This plant was basically the stump of one of the two females used, whilst clones were vegged out to a more suitable size. One other female hermied at 21 days and was discarded, but not before it created a few seeds on my Mikados! A good JLo male has also been selected, and is at a friend's house flowering now, and we should have some pollen in the next week or two.

The smell is much more agreeable than the Kentish Creme, having much more cream, and also chocolate and earth/mushrooms. Behind it is an exotic mix of lavender or violets and some kind of solvent - very unusual. The buds resemble Grape Krush or Blueberry, and have very large swollen calyxes and heavy resin coverage. The plant also has a very pronounced burgundy stem from top to bottom.

As this is an F1, I'm not too concerned about physical appearance, but it's certainly got the 'look' I want, and also fast enough (eight weeks) to possibly even work outdoors in the UK - that would be nice. So onward and upward - a larger version of this just went into flower, and hopefully we can get some seeds off her before too long - more in my thread in the 'Test Grows' section as it happens.