What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aficionado Grows*** Black Lime and More...

vapeking

Brought a sample of some flowers from some mysto seeds to this years cannabis cup that were given to me at last years cannabis cup by the Aficionado guys. Looked all over for them and couldn't find them. I wonder why they didn't have a booth this year?

HatchBrew

Veteran
NnHbRe5.jpg

Cherry Private. Coming down this week. Grabbing some seeds out of her too!! Dusted with Hash Plant!!

MedResearcher

Veteran
Thanks BM. Didn't realize they changed names or about the upcoming event! Pity I just read it, would have made the journey.

Hopefully the vendors restock them before taking off after the event.

Website described the Royal Kush as being 8th or 9th generation. I would assume it would be very stable and uniform at that point. Hoping to find out, if I can hunt down a box or two.

Mr^^

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You missed out on a good party and seed orgy.... lot's of heavy hitter's there.
Mean Gene was nice enough to chat with me about what to look for in the Black Lime.
They kicked me down a small nug of the Black Lime Reserve that they grew from a box of seed that got 2nd at the Emerald cup this year... very tasty strong herb!
I am really excited about that LV Royal Kush too.

I topped them all a few days ago they are really growing fast now, getting to big for group shots.

picture.php

Stay safe
BM

Last edited:

MedResearcher

Veteran
Those are looking nice and lush. From here the bottom two rows look pretty damn uniform.

Curious, if you don't mind. What sort of starter soil mix are you using?

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just FFOF cut with extra perlite maybe 1:6 and a very,very light feed the last two waterings.
2 gal pots... and an old 1k MH with a fairly new bulb.

Stay safe
BM

Bo Hasset

I really can't say enough about Ele and all the folks at Aficionado... they are truely compassionate and caring. Not to mention, they are dead serious with their 100% guarantee on seed germination. I won't get into a long drawn out story, but basically out of the 20 '78 LA Affie Beans I've popped since I bought two boxes plus a box of Black Lime last year, only 9/20 beans total )10/10 with the BL though) have broken the surface with one being a very mutated soul. Last year when I sent Ele an e-mail explaining the situation and how I'd germed them (straight into soil) and that no other seeds (including their Black Lime) I had planted were experiencing near the same failure rates, she had replacements to me before I could blink.

Fast forward to this January and I tried to germ the last box I had along with about 50 other beans from other folks... 2/10 this time, yet still the LA's were basically the only failures.

I caught up with her yesterday at Planting kickoff, not really to even ask for replacements, but just get a couple questions answered about what could possibly be the reason. She was WAY busy, but took the time to talk with me for about 5 minutes and smiled the whole time. All I can say about the outcome of my non-germ issue is that if I thought they exhibited prompt service and professionalism last year when I ran into problems, then the kindness and empathy with which she handled the situation went lightyears ahead of what I would have of expected if I were even expecting anything to begin with.

I'd already picked up the Royal Kush a few weeks back (and this was still after the failure with the Affie) and left yesterday with In the Pines and Red Hindu Kush which was just unveiled yesterday and isn't even listed on the site yet as far as I know.

I really can't say enough about them.. not to mention the guys at South Fork Seed Collective (our very own backyardfarmer, springfed and family). They were out at the kickoff yesterday and definitely created a positive buzz and vibe by just simply being real and down to earth. Not to mention the wonderful examples they had on hand which they weren't shy about offering up. Big ups to that crew and the work they are doing. If you're in the North State and care about supporting the home team and working with serious genetics that speak for themselves, then check them out.

Also got to chat a bit with Ganja D and smoke some mighty fine DSD with the Rebel himself. All in all, yesterday's event was a great experience and though I only caught a little bit of the panels and discussion I walked away with some great new found knowledge to try out this year.

It's a little intimidating, but I made the decision to do everything that I'll run full-season from seed and only use clones for light dep... I've definitely got enough to choose from (and there's still another box of Black Lime for this year on my list of stuff to grab since I lost the cuts I'd taken from last year's batch) and feel like a kid counting down the days until Christmas as I wait out the next month or so to start popping seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Damn! That's a serious stash! Post up some threads when you get going. I'd like to see the southfork stuff also.
It's funny, in my neck of the woods, southfork is the ranch where they filmed "dallas".

Shangri-la

You missed out on a good party and seed orgy.... lot's of heavy hitter's there.
Mean Gene was nice enough to chat with me about what to look for in the Black Lime.
They kicked me down a small nug of the Black Lime Reserve that they grew from a box of seed that got 2nd at the Emerald cup this year... very tasty strong herb!
I am really excited about that LV Royal Kush too.

I topped them all a few days ago they are really growing fast now, getting to big for group shots.

Stay safe
BM

Pray tell...what exactly did Mean Gene say to look for in the Black Lime?
Did he mention anything about the other Aficionado strains?

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish I could remember better but that hit of their hash I took before I talked to him did not help. I was also distracted by this gal with an amazing set of knockers bumped into me..... Hello.... My poor old weak mind to be 30 yrs younger.... I digress.

Short version=The Black Lime clone mom turns black and reeks of limes. In veg look for short stubby leaves and the stems when rubbed should smell like limes.

He did tell me about the Oil Can, NL and I think a couple of others that make up the Black Lime but is was a long story... I told him he should write it down so he does not have to repeat it to knuckle heads like me.

I asked about the LV Royal Kush and he pointed to the guy at the next table and said he was the creator that is his baby so i went and talked to him.

Turns out he is Ras Truth from Emerald Mountain collective.
Ras described Royal Kush as squat stature, bushy, big dense colas, grows in a sort of U shape with the lower branches reaching up to the top of the plant. Likes calcium for strong branches. A skilled grower in full sun could expect 5-7 lbs.

Hope that helps a bit.

Bo thats quite the line up of killers that Red Kush caught my eye too what is the make up of that?

Stay safe
BM

Bo Hasset

Bo thats quite the line up of killers that Red Kush caught my eye too what is the make up of that?

Stay safe
BM

I've got the box vac-sealed already, so don't quote me, but it went something like "Leggett Hindu Kush x Pure Kush x Big Red Hindu Kush"...

Ele explained it to me, but I was in such a haze I don't remember much about it. But I love a real Hindu Kush and my friend that was with me reminded me that I had indeed lamented on many an occasion last summer on the farm that I wished I had a real nice "red" strain. I seem to remember it having a early-mid October finish on it.

Wish I could be more help, but I'm still waiting on them to update their site, so that I can remember myself! Tons of good herb, a few dabs and some mystery strawberry syrup laced with some heavy OG Kush extract in it that was laid on me seem to have given me one of the few "herb blackouts" that I've ever had.

Damn! That's a serious stash! Post up some threads when you get going.

Those are just my two most recent "binges"... but those two shots pretty much represent what I'll be sowing in the next month or two in prep for my all seed 2015 full sun outdoor adventure. Talk about tough decisions... yowzas!

Ideally I'd like to be able to put out at least 2-3 strong females from anything I have only single (10+ beans) packs of and 5 or better from any of the multiple packs.... with the exception of the DOG. It's pretty much been written in stone already that every single female with few exceptions will be grown out because I'm a big fan of the strain and will be looking for the most suitable replacement for the clone only mom I lost. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

REP YO HOOD IN 2015, Y'ALL!!!!!

Shangri-la

Thank you for sharing the info that you remember, BM....you too, Bo.
I wish I lived a little further north. I'd love to talk with Gene and Ras in person and pick their brains a bit.
Best of luck this season, gents.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Thanks to every one who came out and showed support and love at the event !! These are great times for cannabis !! Thanks for keeping the movement alive

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found 8 suspected males the other day 5 Black limes and 3 Royal kush... bout 80% sure on those.

picture.php

picture.php

Took cuts from all yesterday and flipped them today. Probably a couple more males will show in a week or so.

picture.php

Stay safe
BM

Last edited:

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few days past 1 week of 12/12
A couple of the Royal Kush still have not shown me 100% gender, should have 5 or 6 females.
picture.php

The 5 Black Lime females are cruzing right along.
picture.php

Flower pic's in 7-8 weeks....lol

Stay safe
BM

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bout time you cracked those mendo.

I ended up with 7 LV Royal kush females and the 5 Black lime females.

Put the males outside to flower as the days are still fairly short.

Of the BL two are short and the others are about 6-8 inches taller.

The Royal Kush are all short and squat the tallest are the same size as the short BL's if that makes sense.

Group shot
picture.php

Black Lime #3
picture.php

Black lime male
picture.php

LVRoyal Kush male
picture.php

Stay safe
BM

Latest posts

Latest posts