What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aficionado Grows*** Black Lime and More...

420bandit

KOOLKSUSH - where we at? Don't leave me hangin.... Trying to decide if I should buy the black lime. Hit me up if you can, I got some questions I'd love to ask you (and not jack this thread).

Cheers mate!

it seems like it might be a unique score... looking forward to the finished product. i'll have to remember to throw some pics up tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone else saw this in their gear... although the first set of 10 78 la's i popped all got destroyed or culled save for this one female i still have my other vial of 10 from them and will be able to explore other variations.

I could understand the thai/columbian expressing itself if the afghanica is heirloom, assuming all 3 of the composite are of heritage. If not the vigour might be modern more developed thai/columbian leaving less of an afghan shadow. They state the Pakistani and Columbian are '78, leaves one to speculate the lemon thai could be the familiar Dutch Flowers. The Pakistani might find a closer cola relative than an Afghanica which may be the case if nothing squat is occurring. Whether its Riot, Cali Connection or DNA among the modern breeders, they all refer to their affies having Afghanistan origin. The historical lack of distinction between either cultivar from the Hindu Kush region has always been a bummer and point of confusion for too many farmers.

mrnicedreams413

where can i order a pack??

where can i order a pack??

Whats up IcMag,

Got 5/5 Black Limes popped and above soil!

Really excited about these seeds, I actually meet Leo in Person, Great Guy and I hope if I kill this Black Lime grow he will let me test some shit for him!! we talked about it im stoked, Well here is a pic of the Pack, ill update this thread a lil bit, until they really start stackin. Then ill be postin on the Regular! Enjoy guys~

View Image
----------------------------------------------------------
View Image
-----------------------------------------------------
View Image
--------------------------------------------------------------
View Image

where can i order a pack???

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How was the smoke/taste on those girls?
Anything with grab you by the balls smell?

I just popped a pack each of the Black Lime and Long Valley Royal Kush.
Got 100% germ.

Stay safe
BM

HatchBrew

Veteran
Cut down a Cherry Private today.
Went into flower Dec 1st.
Have another flowering, about twenty days from harvest.
This is a quick & dense budding plant.

g64duEr.jpg

19iCk9w.jpg

Giant worm bin:
8OkNo70.jpg

vapeking

Met someone at their booth at the 2014 LA cup and talked with him for a while and he gifted me some loose seeds that I just put in a plastic pre roll tube. Anyways long story short about but 8 out 20 were females and out of those we still have 2 that we have moms of because they are pure fire. Don't know what they are because I was so ripped when he gave them to me, but for some reason thought it was something with grapefruit and sour kush in it. We have the #8 and the #10 but the genetics is a mystery. Gonna bring a sample to the cup to show them tomorrow maybe they will know what it is.

vapeking

We did it in rock wool indoor and the plants were medium sized but getting over 8 oz per plant so def made the cut. Super frosty and will be in our garden for years to come.

Any ready to chop or dry budshots? Any final weights? Quality? I have a pack of black lime reserve and I'm trying to figure out if she has a spot in the garden this year....

HatchBrew

Veteran
Black Lime did great. Check out Stayfoolish. He ran some outdoors & in last year and still has a cut rolling.

I personally enjoyed the Cherry Private over the Black Lime. Trimmed bucket's worth of each.

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a pack of the Black Lime and Long Valley Royal Kush for a Christmas gift.
Got them into wet paper towels on Jan 18 had tails and into soil on the 20th by the 23rd all were up and smiling at me.
First pic is on Feb 4 The Black Lime are the top two rows, LV Royal Kush bottom 2 rows.
picture.php

Second pic is from Feb 12
picture.php

I am surprised how strong the smell is on them for only being 3+ weeks old.

Stay safe
BM

HatchBrew

Veteran
They're stinky!! Know from the Cherry & Lime. I really enjoyed the lime's smoke. Got their Chem ready to fire into flower when space avails.

HatchBrew

Veteran
I got a pack of the Black Lime and Long Valley Royal Kush for a Christmas gift.
Got them into wet paper towels on Jan 18 had tails and into soil on the 20th by the 23rd all were up and smiling at me.
First pic is on Feb 4 The Black Lime are the top two rows, LV Royal Kush bottom 2 rows.
View Image

Second pic is from Feb 12
View Image

I am surprised how strong the smell is on them for only being 3+ weeks old.

Stay safe
BM

Running them inside or are they for the summer?

Bo Hasset

Any ready to chop or dry budshots? Any final weights? Quality? I have a pack of black lime reserve and I'm trying to figure out if she has a spot in the garden this year....

Haha... funny I should roll a j of my Black Lime and then fall into this thread!

Having seen your gardens on here, I say yes.

I bought their Black Lime and 2 boxes of LA Affie from the last year... the 78 Affie was a total bomb in terms of germination, but the one lonely female I ended up with was nice, but finished mid-October and was way Sativa dominant in structure which is not how they sold the line at all. I can say as a result of the low germ rates, though, that I know for a fact they are solid on their promise as written in the packets that come with the seeds. If you have legitimate germination problems, they won't hassle you and do their best to make the situation right.

The Black Limes however... I got a perfect 10/10 on germs... however, due to unforeseen circumstances I was only left with 2 females by the time it came down to plant time... garden space was limited and because both phenos were identical I only planted one. She went in late... started from seed at the beginning of June and only into a 45 gallon pot she still formed a very nice dense bush that yielded a respectable 1.25# that I cropped all in the first week of October.

The growth and leaf pattern was very Chem dominant, but the nug structure is unique in way that I can only explain as different... I kept it all for headstash and only big leafed and bucked it down into jars and have been trimming it up as I go when I want to smoke some. I can see how it could be a hassle after a while... the nug is solid and dense, but at the same time leafy. That's just a side note though... the smell, smoke and taste is sublime. It's definitely a bit indica dominant in nature, but the buzz can be very cerebral and I've found no real ceiling yet.

The smell out of this pheno can best be described as... "underarm of sun-drenched hippie after fresh squeezed key-lime juice has been applied to activate pheromonal urges of sandalwood, bergamot and patchouli..."

At least that's how I'd write it up for these guys if they wanted another nonsensical and rhetorical whimsy applied to one of their strain descriptions... That's just a jab at them, but you get the point... it REALLY does have some heavy lime terpenoid action going on with some realy earthiness.

I took cuts and was really bummed to have them all root, but only get lost when I had a basement flood over the winter.

I did just pick up a box of their Royal Kush and am looking to grab some In the Pines as well but Grass was out... I figure there should be plenty of Black Lime cuts floating around soon enough and with probably better results than mine, so no need for me to re-try, but I sure wish I was running her because I was going to let her come and play with the big girls this year. Oh, well.

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bo thanks for the intel...... too bad you had some tuff luck.

Hatch.... I am going to top em in a day or two and veg until I am able able to get some decent cuts off them, should be able to sex most by then.... flip em for 8-9 weeks and see what shakes out. May be save a male or two if I find anything super interesting.
Only time will tell if anything is worthy of an outdoor spot this year.
Stay tuned...lol

Here is a link to 30yrs black lime thread. has a bit more info about it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=281919

Stay safe
BM

Latest posts

Latest posts