What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aficionado Grows*** Black Lime and More...

Morcheeba*

Veteran
the gnome,

i ran the ITP's bought from sbay and i flowered 5 females and the all had a pineapple smell but some were sweet others not. the high was nice but the more she cures the better she is. they were a bit touchy when i added a bit too mich gh micro by accident but they were not a difficult plant to grow. overall im keeping her around for a while but only smoke her after a few months cure.

peace

The English Cut

I found a nice looking White Cherry Truffle male, impressive flower structure anyway. turn your head 90º to best appreciate it, i dunno why this place always rotates my photos :dunno:

picture.php

I've also got some Magnum Opus and The Forbidden Candy on the go. Females and males, all really impressive so far, early start to flowering, really healthy happy plants with not a spot of mould trouble so far, despite the truly cruel summer we're having, rain and rain and rain, not much respite :(

One of three Magnum Opus females:
picture.php

One of two White Cherry Truffle females:
picture.php

and finally a Forbidden Candy flower:
picture.php

After all the (seemingly justified) hype, I'm very excited about these plants. I'll try and upload more pics later in the season and after harvest. Peace, TEC.

B

beanz

here,s stud i picked white cherry truffle f2 male ;)
@the english cut , keep them pics coming . keep eye out for intersex . grand lemon reserve f2 riddled and had report oil spill f2 had issues also .......
i was actually annoyed to see , the breeders seem to think a limited amount of intersex is acceptable ..... needless to say , i,m not buying there gear anymore .
thank fuk cherry truffle are all good and black lime and couple others .
picture.php

and a reversed black lime female .....for fem seed .
picture.php

B

beanz

rose especial , very much candy stink bomb ....winter grown so in season be nice nugs
picture.php

MedResearcher

Veteran
Had a chance to snag the Truffles this last year, but I cheaped out and passed on em.

Still really enjoying the Royal Kush I got from them a few years ago. Think they claimed it was 7th generation. We took it to 8th, and also to 9th. The 8th has tested really well for two seasons in many different gardens now. Never had it hermie outdoors, but I did see it throw bannanas indoors. It can be very hard to tell sex at first pre-flowers in Spring. Some of the phenos will look very male at first, but then it turns out its actually a calyx. Think its a lack of a pistil and an elongated calyx that makes it deceive you. I have sexed tons of plants over my life, and this 8th generation Royal can be a royal pain in the ass to sex. Takes extra weeks to verify the sex on some of the phenos. Although it consistently has good quality phenos. I have yet to grow one that landed in the hash bin. Just ranges between the Afghani, Diesel, and Urkle (Garberville Purple) phenos, and everything in between. It is always very hashy and has some sort of a good smell. Can get some larfier leaning phenos and some huge leafless colas as well. Have yet to test the 9th generation, I have a feeling it might be a bit more wonky. Might hand some of the seed out for next season, so I don't have to test it myself :p

Got bogged down trying to test all the hybrids we made with the 8th generation.

The royal seems to speed up the flowering time on most strains. Adds some terps to some phenos, and bulks up the finicky clones he impregnated.

The price tag on their seeds is harsh. Not sure when I will try another box, but if I never would have got the Royal, I feel I would have missed out on a lot. One of the hybrids we ran this year, tested out really well. Out of 9 phenos, large bushes, all of them were solid, and one of them was so early, great calyx to leaf ration and looks outrageous... I should have cloned it, hopefully the pheno will pop up again.

That male truffle does have some thick flowers, should make some nice offspring hopefully.

Mr^^

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
MedR.........appreciate info on Royal.........have tended BLR hyb, ITP, Purple, and at moment Red Hindu.......which I made f2's from last few seeds.......flowers smell like guava/passion fruit........fav of Aficionado gear so far.......still have Versailles OG to sprout......will see......

ganj on........

Dawe

Have grown out CDSR, and also had a friend's keeper pheno for a short lived time. Also recently got their emerald cup 2012 winning cut, but I have yet to flower that out. I don't like talking trash about seed companies, especially ones that are comprised of a competent team... but... in hindsight $500 for CDSR is beyond laughable for the line... when JJ's gear looks like a bargain by comparison you know something is wrong. I prefer what I've found from his gear, and the clone only chems over CDSR. It's quality, but should in no way be priced over $300 when, from my experience, is inferior to the original.

Also have Royal Kush 9 in the stash, and that one seems well worth the money. I regret passing on the Big Red Hindu a couple years back, that one was priced well and probably has so much fire in it.

Sorry for the short rant, it just kind of annoys me how a company can portray themselves as better than others, when they aren't. The only appeal of them for me personally is their use of heirlooms, and having very worked lines... in pure form. If they keep putting out these royal crosses and asking $300+ then they've lost me. Not to mention their new lines seem unstable. If they want to keep the schtick and price then they need to make some new crosses that aren't mediocre-ish appealing at best. (cough vanilla berry pie)

Well I guess they don't have to, because it comes in a Rolex box with a certificate of authentication, so it must be top quality.

B

beanz

MedR.........appreciate info on Royal.........have tended BLR hyb, ITP, Purple, and at moment Red Hindu.......which I made f2's from last few seeds.......flowers smell like guava/passion fruit........fav of Aficionado gear so far.......still have Versailles OG to sprout......will see......

ganj on........

mene gene who made red hindu , confirmed it has tendency to intersex .
same problem i had with them .... very late in flower in near fan leaves .

just heads up ,

B

beanz

Have grown out CDSR, and also had a friend's keeper pheno for a short lived time. Also recently got their emerald cup 2012 winning cut, but I have yet to flower that out. I don't like talking trash about seed companies, especially ones that are comprised of a competent team... but... in hindsight $500 for CDSR is beyond laughable for the line... when JJ's gear looks like a bargain by comparison you know something is wrong. I prefer what I've found from his gear, and the clone only chems over CDSR. It's quality, but should in no way be priced over $300 when, from my experience, is inferior to the original.

Also have Royal Kush 9 in the stash, and that one seems well worth the money. I regret passing on the Big Red Hindu a couple years back, that one was priced well and probably has so much fire in it.

Sorry for the short rant, it just kind of annoys me how a company can portray themselves as better than others, when they aren't. The only appeal of them for me personally is their use of heirlooms, and having very worked lines... in pure form. If they keep putting out these royal crosses and asking $300+ then they've lost me. Not to mention their new lines seem unstable. If they want to keep the schtick and price then they need to make some new crosses that aren't mediocre-ish appealing at best. (cough vanilla berry pie)

Well I guess they don't have to, because it comes in a Rolex box with a certificate of authentication, so it must be top quality.

good post mate ,
grand lemon reserve f2 hermied on me and reports oil spill f2 also .

the white cherry f2 and rose especial f2 pass .
grown through winter normally tells the story for me ,

i,m with you on the dishing up long valley gear hand over fist .....i reckon mene genes new seeds ( freeborn selections ) will be nice . he's made all aficionados nice gear imo ...... the white cherry has his cherry limeade in it ;) rekon there on par with the black lime ,

B

beanz

hay mack
mate the black lime dropped years ago , it was near extinct ..... i think everyone took clones of it rather then make seed at the time . it was nearly gone .

the guy made it mene gene off course still had stock , but he was,nt letting out due to limited release pretences they were sold under . agreed also it was,nt really getting round was nearly gone .

there were tonne f3 i donated to gypsy , i got heap out there , so i,m kinda expecting others to take over and spread it .... good luck mate

mack 10

Veteran
i'm on the search now...
thanks for the info's. i did recall them coming out at about $500 a pack or something.
will scour the bay.

B

beanz

black lime #3 x headbanger f2 .....

picture.php

black lime #3 x locktite
picture.php

black lime #3 x dragons blood
picture.php

all these were testers and will be in this years grows ;) thanks to the breeders ;)

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
thanx beanz............hadn't heard.......looking clean at this time...........as kept small......... .....I give 'em what they want.....pollen...fertilize first pistils to appear and never had prob......especially outdoors.........last headache with herm was a kona line yr's back.......guy swore it was clean..........not......

ganj on........

B

beanz

thanx beanz............hadn't heard.......looking clean at this time...........as kept small......... .....I give 'em what they want.....pollen...fertilize first pistils to appear and never had prob......especially outdoors.........last headache with herm was a kona line yr's back.......guy swore it was clean..........not......

ganj on........

i didn't, even find mine till harvest , plants were so bushy . as the breeder /gene said they seemed to be right tucked away and do minimal damage ..... but still .

they were lovely and clone like , i couldnt finish way too dense for mold . just went back to confirm his ( breeder ) actual words , apparently he had complaints the only thing he could find in common was ones had too much water .... just wanted to quote him properly .

wonder where the boys are that started this thread , hope there still kicking round

Last edited:

too-dope

Hey beanz, I have both the Black Lime F3 #1 and the #2. Any distinct differences in the two? I plan on popping some of the #1 next month.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
I'll keep an eagle eye on............like the variety at this stage and look forward to what's behind the lines involved........as many times the parents hold the gems vs the hyb itself.......

ganj on........

Latest posts

Latest posts