What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Jack The Ripper

b8man

Veteran
Thanks. This was a combined grow with Mandala PNR which I'll post seperately

Smell/taste is sweet lemony with a fuely/metallic edge, but it isn't too strong. She stretched well into flowering but was an easy trim and the colours are a nice bonus. In a few months it'll be nice and stinky, but now it just smells like potential. Yield was above average.

MR_Falcon

Veteran
really nice looking buds. I just took down some jacks cleaner2 & it looks very similar in structure & also put out those nice colors. lookin good dude

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
those look nice, I've got 4 packs of tga in veg now... I was not sure if its cool to talk about those seeds here but it looks like it's cool. beautiful flowers. what was the variation like and how many did you pop? I got JTR, Jilly, A13BX, and Chernoble. one 10 pack and 3 5 packs. how about male to females? I'm looking for preflowers every day.

b8man

Veteran
This was the sole female out of three seeds from a mixed pack, the other two being males. Didn't expect much, just checking the viability of my oldest seeds. The other 7 in the pack didn't germinate, and the 10 TGA Black Cherry just produced dead slow unhealthy mutanty seedlings, but I think they were a bad batch. Bit peeved with that, but it's the lumps you take. I don't buy many seeds these days.

Can't really comment on TGA's other strains, but you should be happy with the JTR. Good luck with the grow.

cliffy

Lookin' good! Those buds look exactly like my JTR that I just harvested for the 1st time. Would love to see some full plant shots. What size container did u use? Mine stinks to high heaven like lemon. Triangled spear shaped buds. Haven't seen any purple. I really like the way tga and Sub do things over there.

b8man

Veteran
Don't have any full plant shots this time but I'm trying to re-veg her so will hopefully have some in the future. The plant had very little foliage, was medium height, stretched well into flowering and yeah, purple striped buds could have been from the cool nights. I'm hoping it's natural purpling though. Mine was LST'd with a frame around for the expected stretch. Very easy grow.

I'm smoking it now and it's a really nice daytime buzz which requires only one hit to last and last and last. Been out walking the dog and early morning skating on it and find it's quite motivating in it's current state. Very little burnout - great lemon smell when ground... I'm liking this one. In 3 months it'll be devastatingly potent.

cliffy

I would just buy another fresh pack and go from there. Ur bound to find a killer keeper in a pack of 10. No question.

humbleguy

Veteran
Love this strain. Truly candy like aromas and nose burning smoke.
picture.php
picture.php

potter007

bump, i know this is a older thread but would like more info on the phenos you have of the JTR.. I have a mom now i have smoked her finish product but it came from a setup powered by 600s.

My question too you is, was she skunk dense or kush dense.. the one i smoked was of high quality very resinous unlike any other plant i have seen. but she was fluffy. big buds but just fluffy. so help me please. lol

and if anybody has grown her outside with budshots that would be nice. i appreciate it. i have her in the garden but wondering should i keep or scrap. He has crossed her with a OG Kush now, so Im curious to see the frosty and lemony salty lucas taste mixed with the og fuel we love and know..

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
shes the one in the front

too leafy for my taste, interesting weed otherwise, unique taste, sat buzz

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mad Lab

she's a pretty one.

JTR sure was one of the frostiest haze/jack plant ive grown. Never dropped her temps in flower though.

She looks similar to a Super Lemon Haze purple pheno i had and loved more than any plant i've ever experienced. The caked frosty hazes that turn dark when temps are dropped are some of the most beautiful cannabis in my opinion. Very different than indica's like GDP purple flowers. Not a fan of the flavor, although JTR was tastey.