What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubble Hash Question

hamstring

Veteran
I have made ice water hash quite a few times. Once I ran several pounds of subpar bud. As a guerrilla grower subpar bud was part of the gig so theres always some hash. Mother nature owns the crop not me.

I used a large Bosch hammer drill(hammer function off) with those metal paint mixers. The nice one with the welded circle of steel on the end. I had the 5 gallon bubble bags I only used three bags. On each mix I would pull 4-5 inch patties of wet hash and lay them on cardboard. Put the cardboard on top of the heating ductwork to dry. I never put it through the spaghetti strainer.
I always ended up with 2 -3inch dried patties of hash. It was always black on the outside but when broken open you saw the golden goodness.

I understand when it goes through a strainer you are helping get all the moisture out of the hash. I never had a problem with mold it never lasted that long. It was gone to friends.

Is that the only reason to run it through the strainer and not just dry the hash in small piles?
Couldn’t you just freeze it if you were worried about mold?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dries faster, doesn't go black.

I'd suggest drying on parchment rather than directly on cardboard.

But hey if it ain't broke.

Rembetis

Could you please explain how you are running it thru a strainer? I have never heard of that technique. I spread my water hash out on parchment and let it dry for a few days. Some strains get black quickly while others remain more golden.

Rembetis

Oh yeah, I agree. Making plenty of dry sift now. I am still running the left overs thru my bags and getting a small amount of resin.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You push it through a strainer with a metal spoon over parchment after wicking dry on a 25u screen over a towel or the like. Works well unless it's sticky fresh frozen.