What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis in the himalayas

hom

Veteran
Himalayan seed hunt with Landrace Roots seed co.

Himalayan seed hunt with Landrace Roots seed co.

picture.php

On the hunt for some amazing genetics in the high Himalaya

hom

Veteran
picture.php

The aromas surrounding this field were beautiful. The colas were glistening with resin and the locals were all mid rub making cream for the coming year.

hom

Veteran
picture.php

Some of the local cream varieties. Different flavours from different villages. So tasty.

hom

Veteran
picture.php

Selecting some seeds from a particularly pungent wild sativa. This lady really did stink...in a good way.

hom

Veteran
Tricrome farmer, I believe we were just over the 3000m mark. Some of the places we visited were lower but the main growing areas are all pretty much above 3000 and a good trek up.....and up....and then some more up...and then your nearly there. Just need to go up a bit more.

Avanish how are things. I was in Himachal Pradesh lad. Lots of different valleys to be explored. Savage place.

Old Chuck, I got a shitload more photos and videos so will be uploading them soon. Some more Himalaya hunting to come.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hom, ws asking because several years back i collected some amazing seeds from utraknd villages, but have heard great things about himachal, also i hear there are some crystal mines in that area... keep an eye out.

thanks for sharing, you are making me miss india!!!

RulaTone

Veteran
amazing pictures hom, i wish you the best of luck for your journey in the sacred country.
I've heard is a bit rainy this year...
but i see you are treating you well, nice creams!
What kind of ciloom do you smoke?

Boooooom!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would kill to go there.

DO IT.

seriously....
I've not been to the well known himachal pradesh; however, have sighted many cannabis plants in uttrakhand... may i suggest anyone interested in the area look into "char dham" pilgrimage route/tours (all in uttrakhand state of india, i believe).
The route brings you to holy sites at the sources of holy rivers: Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, and 2 high mountain locations, Badrinath and Kedarnath.
Many Sadhus up there, not the fulloshit brand you find in rishikesh or haridwar, with their hands out....
Back in the day sadhus traveled glacial routes, and some probably still do... however all tours will take you along "canyon" or valley routes ( including the tehri dam)

Some amazing stuff up there....

usda101

Man that's some stellar shit! ! Much love to u for taking this shit to different heights and letting us lI've vicareasly thru u . Plus rep. PS . Beans ??? :) ?

hom

Veteran
Hello folks...cheers for all the positive feedback. India is truly a magical place to travel around. It's well worth a visit and it's extremely cheap on the western pocket. As far as weed plants are concerned it grows wild all over northern India. The drive from Delhi to the mountains takes 14 hours and for 10 of those hours, all ya can see out the window is weed. From Haryana and the Punjab the whole way up the mountains. It also grows wild on the eastern side across Sikkim and into bangladesh. Wild mountain sativas grow through cracks in the pavement in every town I stayed at. The cultivated plants are at higher altitude where its harder for the cops to get to. That's also well worth the trek but be prepared for some seriously sore legs afterwards. The rewards outmatch the pain anyday. Here's a few more pics from the expedition. Many locals were befirended, many hands of charas were rubbed, many chillums were smoked and many smiles were had. Enjoy....

picture.php

Some nice charas from the Tosh and Grahan valleys. The Tosh come in small black balls and the bigger piece was from Grahan village. Unbelievably tasty smoke. I think, maybe my favourite of the trip...thank fuck I got the guys phone number....

picture.php

Above piece is supercream...super sticky and gooey as fook. This stuff was the most psychedelic hashish I ever smoked. If ya have anxiety issues, stay miles away from this....super high...