What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

sandsmp81

Veteran
Anybody else having problems with this website now? Is it still in beta because it seems like it is. Or maybe no one tested it on mobile first. Horrible user experience.

Anyway price coming way down again and quality is very good. Don't sleep on the Rolex if you can get it

Search function doesn't work, getting to my old posts now takes several clicks instead of 1.

It's not a very user friendly experience so far with the new website, not seeing many people posting either.

I'll keep a look out for that Rolex if it's good quality, just found a few ways to buy 90u and 120u from a producer but I don't like ordering online, I like doing business face to face.

NotYourSaviour

All right then below some subpar pictures as usual(though at least they're real and not stolen from the internet)from our most recent visit to the Dam.

'Close ups': First blonde one is supposedly double filtered foreign genetics from Morocco. Second one as well foreign genetics from Morocco which also is the favourite of this trip as having a very strong flavour and an interesting high.
The bright third one also was quite good so close second and supposeldy double filtered.
Last reddish one is also foreign genetics from Morocco supposedly.
Interestingly the two latter ones, were oozing of oil when lighting and leaving oil rings compared to the other ones respectively most high grades in recent months.
Just saying again as the newer imported high grades in recent months were quite tasty and strong but tended to leave much less oil than what was mostly available before as a high grade ; perhaps indeed has to do with being filtered again or is only strain related as the third one is supposed to be double filtered, too.
Hashish Selection From Coffeeshops, April, 2021 .JPG

Double Filtered High Grade Moroc With Foreign Genetics From Coffeeshops, April, 2021.JPG

Double Filtered High Grade Moroc With Foreign Genetics From Coffeeshops, April, 2021.JPG

High Grade Reddish Moroc With Foreign Genetics From Coffeeshops, April, 2021.JPG

Dam Square in Amsterdam, April, 2021.JPG

All in all in general prices are still steep it seems. Also at home nothing new at all except of having seen blonde bar 'M99' as well as an also blondish slab coming with a sticker showing a skull and a cannabis leaf, both mids and mostly falling apart when handled as well as smelling of grass. One of them - forgot which - is supposed to be produced in Tunisia by the way ; just saying but despite this is an old hat[some areas producing and sending]or could just be not true I couldn't taste or see anything different than what I'm used to with Morocs at this grade.

Funnily I spoted a box of something blonde unlabelled which just have come in at a source which was commented on with 'I mean you can try but trust me, mate, you don't want to smoke this' which was true as it was soapbar whereas I haven't seen since ages but is still around obviously, oh my. Increased in price by the way too by 15% due to Covid-19, pissing myself laughing!

sandsmp81

I've been saying this for years. Especially in the Netherlands it would be no problem for us to pick up and the internet seems to be not a problem at all too but both options are taboo for several reasons, the latter one particularly as indeed no such interactions in this scene with strangers from the internet one hasn't met many times before in real life(though have seen a lot of people also around here having jumped on this train in the last decade unfortunately).

Would be interesting to know if your producer is sending those microns from Morocco(which can be the case) or from Europe(it seems more likely).

Otherwise: site update is in full effect since over a month or so, I got used to it but I don't post often anyway but can't say something about the general traffic now. I think this thread here is no indicator for traffic on this site at all. If you've got problems with handling don't discuss this here please but see this section if you haven't already of course, cheers.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funnily I spoted a box of something blonde unlabelled which just have come in at a source which was commented on with 'I mean you can try but trust me, mate, you don't want to smoke this' which was true as it was soapbar whereas I haven't seen since ages but is still around obviously, oh my. Increased in price by the way too by 15% due to Covid-19, pissing myself laughing!

Soapbar is alive and well...there is still a huge market for it. Around here that's all one can find easily. At least whenever i ask people for hash that's what they sell. Even the stuff that's supposed to be great according to some daily smokers is just that, soapbar a bit less concentrated in shit...that's all they know, that's everything they ever smoked...and so there is still a market for this stuff. Sadly...

sandsmp81

Veteran
Latest 100g bars I've come across are "Real Madrid", it's certainly stickier and doesn't fall apart like the previous garbage "Rolex".
​​
Has a lemony floral smell/taste and is of the usual mid grade.

Prices still holding steady at 7 a g which I think is way too high for this.

@notyoursaviour

I saw some M99 and that other skull and leaf you mentioned earlier last year.

Everything seems more or less the same to me with these bars with names of cars, football teams etc etc.

The producers of the high quality products I mentioned seem to have farms at source in Maroc, seen plenty of videos of their work on the farm.

They seem to be a little indie outfit producing a quality product, they also do commercial which is called "semi dry" there was a list of 12 different strain blocks for that.

Commercial was 7 a g and the higher quality between 12 and 14 a g.

Attachments

• photo2042086.jpg
    photo2042086.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 150
  • photo2042087.jpg
    photo2042087.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 148

NotYourSaviour

Below again some subpar pictures[as usual but still they're real and taken by myself ; read authenic]of some genuine classic Moroccan high grade which was picked up privately while we went for a spin through the Netherlands.

Gear is quite blonde with a goldish hue and again 'ticks all the boxes' respectively particularly 'If you know you know'. We arrived at one of our most favourite private sources and were welcomed accordingly.
Last time as reported stuff was still good but not as good as usual for once after many years of consistency but this visit it was back to business as usual fortunately.
Thick complex taste is more on the spicy yet peppery yet wooden side ; effects are nice enough relaxing on the body and clear respectively focussed on the mind. Definitely a contender for 'best traditional Moroc this year' already[ is this divine dispensation due to Ramadan:biglaugh:?]as good material:woohoo: but we'll see what this year yields.

So all in all glad didn't buy at coffeeshops we of course visited too along the way. Though noticed traditional Morocs on offer this time appeared to be nice enough and still on the rise qualitywise. At our source and at shops prices are still too high though.

Side note: one of my mates was on an ice-o-lator/bubble hash spree so this time below is the only imported hashish I acquired ; since those indoor hashes were more than decent quality considering pocket mircroscope it was noticeably tasty as one full melt piece was – as far as I understood – a mixture of two yields of two different strains grown indoors which is an somewhat old hat as I heard ages ago farmers in the Rif do the same on occassion
but this indoor hash had a varied taste similar to resins from Morocco or Asia, not so one dimensionally as usual! So in conclusion this changed my mind a bit as I tend to be an very anal purist and before foreign genetics went through the roof in Morocco I always dreamt of single strain(read stable line/one phenotype) hashish but this seems to be a bit boring[first world problems, anyone?]
on the regular compared to landraces with many phenotypes
nd different tastes all together[Note: I consider many seedlines to be unstable as said I'm a damn purist and it's a colossal cheek what money seedbanks charge in this cannabis game for their unstable lines
excusing that whith 'Different phenotypes for everyone's taste' as I refuse to do their breeding work of selecting as I don't want surprises but a stable proper product.]
Also I often notice that those indoor hashes, also to some degree the 'filtered ones' among imports, tend to taste a bit sharp and lack smoothness - indeed only a sift without aging process which is turning it into hashish.
Traditional Goldish-Blonde Moroccan High Grade, May, 2021_1 1.JPG - Click image for larger version  Name:	Traditional Goldish-Blonde Moroccan High Grade, May, 2021_1 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	17857106

Traditional Goldish-Blonde Moroccan High Grade, May, 2021_1 1.JPG - Click image for larger version  Name:	Traditional Goldish-Blonde Moroccan High Grade, May, 2021_1 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	17857106

Traditional Goldish-Blonde Moroccan High Grade, May, 2021_3.JPG - Click image for larger version  Name:	Traditional Goldish-Blonde Moroccan High Grade, May, 2021_3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	17857108

@ToBeDetermined

Fancy description of them, huh?
As short and sweet as possible:
considering usual screen sizes of 220, 160, 120, 90, 73/75, 43/45 and 25micron I don't know what size is the usual silk screen they use for sifting in the Rif.
I heard different stories but roughly after sifting(dry/dry ice/ice-o-lator/bubble)they then use (an) extra screen(s) like 120micron('single filtered'), 90micron('double filtered')and 73/75micron('tripple filtered').
That's what I've seen in recent years at least(I know this is just a number and many mix 73/75, 90 and 120micron of one yield for obvious reasons if one is understanding this process of sifting) ; some time back even spotted quadruple but don't know which micron this was refered to as sadly there is not much coherence and regulation
in this mostly illegal cannabis world so maybe some producers start at 220micron and count down making quintuple, sextuple, septuple and octuple filtration possible for advertising such.

So as you probably already figured out now is that 'blahblahblah filtration' is just another sales gimmick so typical for Dutch coffeeshps(though also read this on menus at Spanish Social Clubs)or the damn black market in
general as in the end it is still a sift no matter if dry or bubble hash or something else. It's similar to 'These producers of hashish sieve their hash but at our establishment we sift our hash‘, pissing myself laughing!
Sure, there is a difference between the somewhat primitive method of silk screening and 90micron but please stop playing games and just label the range of microns for every type of hashish respectively quality you rip-off merchants.

Final remark:this is very rough described by myself and I know there are different terms and approaches(using dry ice/water or not ; carding et cetera) with marginal differences but the basic process is like that. I'm sure you knew this before, too.

By the way read about your current grow you mentioned in your signature and even though I said my part about autos even here I wish you all the best and also hope your recovery speeds up as well!

@PepéTheGrower

Hear, hear! As I wrote I haven't seen this for a while ; in my case those circles it still goes to it is quite common to drink ten pints a day along so I guess this makes this crappy product work somehow. The majority of my sources and consumers around me are as you described too though basically. Though they mostly do the mid-grades I'm so sick of too after all these years of passionate interest and is the least I want to consume while I really want to get rid of those mid-grades.
Luckywise my consumption is very moderate anyway and I managed to mostly consume only on our trips to the Netherlands this year.
Saying this don't let these people bring you down as I remember clearly the homemade hashish of yours you posted in this very thread once and as I said back then nothing compares to the work of your own dedication
while I still see this point of nostalgia(the stuff I got my hands on above doesn't come close to yours and I know that too but it is nostalgia and apart from that I know this mostly very commercial imported hashish coming to Europe or elsewhere is not worth my attention but even if I could set up an indoor grow again
there would be not enough room for a proper yield for dry sift as I don't like bubble and ice-o-lator at all anymore ; let alone grass just don't doing it anymore for me mostly. So all in all a compromise).
They also claim and think they have good hash and this is somewhat annoying ; I of course showed them some treats from my cooler but most of them live in their own bubble and just ignore it.
I would have burned bridges already but sometimes they get their hands accidentally on some good gear and hand that over to our circle. First world problems again.

@Sandsmp81

Thanks for the feedback! Funny you've seen mentioned ones way before so another proof for mostly having the wrong connections myself:D.
However prices for mentioned mid-grades are similar to mine even though I'd pay a bit less currently. Still not worth it by a mile as you put it – I agree again. The ones for filtered hashish are expensive too but if you're not happen to be located nearer to the source and this supply would be consistent it'd still be despite being a bitter pill to swallow at least a treat every now and then.

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
NotYourSaviour Thanks for the detailed description. As always, marketing bullshit is marketing bullshit is marketing bullshit . . .

BTW my best haul from a grow so far was from 4 autos. And 2 of those plants - Auto Blueberry from Dutch Passion - produced the best bubble hash that I have made to date. Edit: And the raw buds had been aging for over a year.

sandsmp81

Veteran
Latest bars to turn up are a photo of a plant with "the hemp club" on the label.

Apologies I forgot to take a photo of a full bar while inspecting the products.

Lot stronger smell of lemon/fruits than previous bars of late.

Price has gone down a bit at £5 a g.

Edit
Had a smoke of this and it's definitely a lot better than previous batches earlier in the year/last year.
It produces a nice thick smoke while burning, it's got a good pleasant taste too of some obvious modern genetics, joint got rather oily too.

Things looking a bit better...

Attachments

• photo2045904.jpg
    photo2045904.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 106
  • photo2045905.jpg
    photo2045905.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Nothing new here on the import side of things. Everything I have seen is locally produced.

So . . . I decided to splurge and shell out some bucks for some premium legal hash. This is government approved etc etc. Pictured below is Jazzberry Pressed Ice Hash made by Royal City Cannabis. It is a puck of hash, reddish brown in colour and slightly hard - but it still crumbles easily. There is a distinct but muted juniper + berry smell. No specific strain is identified but this batch clocks in at 62% THC with 2.5% CBD. A very different but interesting sweet berry piney flavour. And this hits hard and fast. Yeah, I like it a lot. Too much in fact, because at this price, it can never be a regular buy.

I also bought another RC product, their Royal Goddess Pressed Ice Hash. A whopping 69.7% THC 2.4% CBD and it looks the same as the above but it is a medium brown puck. This is a piney indica OG hash that melts your face briefly – if you know what I mean. Overall not as nice as the Jazzberry. A 3rd buy was one called Legacy Hashish – which is anything but. 52.4% THC It is barely pressed kief and it crumbles if you look at it too hard. It does the trick to transport you to Pleasantville but a muted smell and a harsh taste aren’t enough to make me want more.

Attachments

• attach17861469.jpg
    attach17861469.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 86
  • photo2046244.jpg
    photo2046244.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 60

meltybubble

Hash game will never be the same.
I cringe to think of the amount of growers tumbling their’s, dont get me wrong I am all for supporting hashish producers but not home growers who are putting them outta business with their soft press. While a nice hash it lacks, differs from bit to bit but the stuff I been getting has either been clayish or just too dry. Lack of oils, resin’s is so noticeable it’s not cool.
I hope everyone is good, bless up.

NotYourSaviour

That's the best resin from last week's escape to the North Sea when we stopped by in A'dam. Documented this trip here. Subpar pictures below as usual[also one showing the Dam getting 'crowdy' again]

Gear is oilish-crumbly coming with this so typical paper-thin shiny-blackish skin for those grades[one could see this well on the left piece of this variant] which when opened up shows it's sorta whitish interior. As usual these days with higher grades one can spot tiny clusters of trichomes just per eye[similar to clusters of sugar]let alone under the pocket microscope. Packs quite a punch, especially bodywise ; cutter material here at work. Strong taste which could be more rounded as with so often with those grades[sorta splitting hairs here though] is fruity to some degree but particularly not different from many other strains of those new high grades with foreign genetics.

By the way forgot to mention in my previous post, especially this one here and many similar qualities[also those whatever filtered ones]all carry this certain basic taste which is sorta cinnamonic-lemony if that makes sense to anyone. While this is no bad point at all the better ones indeed reminding of some genetics[haze/kush] but I rarely had ones yet tasting of a strain.

High Grade Moroc With Foreign Genetics From Coffeeshops, June, 2021_1JPG.JPG - Click image for larger version  Name:	High Grade Moroc With Foreign Genetics From Coffeeshops, June, 2021_1JPG.JPG Views:	29 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	17874714

High Grade Moroc With Foreign Genetics From Coffeeshops, June, 2021_2JPG.JPG - Click image for larger version  Name:	High Grade Moroc With Foreign Genetics From Coffeeshops, June, 2021_2JPG.JPG Views:	28 Size:	47.5 KB ID:	17874715

High Grade Moroc With Foreign Genetics From Coffeeshops, June, 2021_3.JPG - Click image for larger version  Name:	High Grade Moroc With Foreign Genetics From Coffeeshops, June, 2021_3.JPG Views:	27 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	17874716

DamSquareInAmsterdam,June,2021.JPG - Click image for larger version  Name:	DamSquareInAmsterdam,June,2021.JPG Views:	0 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	17875139

Otherwise only have seen usual mid-grades at home and prices only go down very slowly if at all ; still not sure how this will change when border situation will be better everywhere. Drop in price or what else to expect? Time will tell again.

@Meltybubble

That's my impression with tumbling since ages, too. Funny you brought up that comparison with hashish producers as I heard a similar argument the last time in the early 1990ies when some people moaned about the heavy wave of Dutch indoor grass around Europe and that this would be so anti-social towards poor farmers in the Rif or Himalaya
and all that which I to some point agree with but would prefer peaceful coexistence between both products but in the end it seems the customer rules, especially price/performance ratio and most of them want a powerful product for their buck sadly. Also agree with your approach and what you have stated in the other thread recently.
Still the bubble test is handy and I rarely came across bubbling(though it is relatively easy to fake in my humble opinion)nor melting bad gear though again the proof is in the pudding as discussed often here in this thread before.
Had so tasty genuine Moroc in the past which hardly bubbled at all but was a lovely overall product[though never respectively rarely had very strong gear if there was no bubbling]. Above all in recent years the smell is a good measure in my humble opinion but hard to explain and more a matter of experience as one must have smelt original resin before(also not so easy to fake me thinks).

By the way that myth about high respectively top grade having to be soft seems so indestructible and personally so annoying especially these days with most of the mids being soft some people smoked too much soapbar in their life unfortunately.
There would be much more to say but these are just my two cents.

Last but not least Frenchy Cannoli released some 'Research on aging hashish' sorta recently. If anyone didn't know about this yet worth a look.

Last edited:

sandsmp81

Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210607_142657.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.3 KB ID:	17874815

Here's a photo of "the hemp club" bar
I've actually been smoking just this all week (I probably have 20 strains/hashes in the stash)

I'm actually surprised how nice it is and I'm enjoying it.

@NotYourSaviour

I agree that bubbling and softness/hardness isn't a full indicator of quality.

I've seen eggs that bubbled that were pure crap and vice versa.

meltybubble

NotYourSaviour I find the colour of the bubble telling of quality, the way it melts, the viscosity at high temps when time passes a lesser quality will harden while full melt will still be soft.
All info we know, I was just clearing up the bubble factor.
peace love and light brother

jiwlwb

Hello people.

I am new here so forgive me if I’m totally at the wrong place with my post.

For 20 years now I’m smoking weed so in the hasj I’m also kina new as I think for two years now I’m smoking hash on a daily basis instead of weed.

My problem was always that I was used to roll weed joints and with hasj never could find the right balance between tobacco and hash until I met another guy which passed me his joint.this was so amazing Full of flavour and definitely the right balance as I liked it so I asked him to show me. Since that date I’m more into the hash

Okay nice story but my thing is I don’t like to buy in the shop I prefer to buy me a nice plate of Let’s say 100 g. The problem is that not even in the shop you can find real Moroccan hasj and sometimes I even drive for the west as in the shops here you’re even find cbd hasj sold as THC hasj... unbelievable.

I now have this hash on the picture and the guy I got it from says it is 50-50. 50% weed hasj and 50% Moroccan. THC measured around 26% but after two weeks I’m done with it.don’t know if it’s allowed but always a nice contact for a quality piece?

bye

Attachments

• photo2050547.jpg
    photo2050547.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 105
  • photo2050548.jpg
    photo2050548.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 173

jiwlwb

Then all of a sudden my friend bought me let’s say 8 g of this with looks like Moroccan. Comes in bars of one’s room looking more like a gold bar in way of shape. Not like the soap form or the one who exactly fit a pack of cigarettes more small and long in plastic with a black and white M&Ms stick it on it.
It’s not sticky hard but still soft to crum without fire, It gives you no sticky or messy black and brown fingers.
nie the real test and light it up ✌🏻

Attachments

• photo2051339.jpg
    photo2051339.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 80
  • photo2051340.jpg
    photo2051340.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 75
  • photo2051341.jpg
    photo2051341.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 177
  • photo2051342.jpg
    photo2051342.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 95
  • photo2051353.jpg
    photo2051353.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 90

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
While a nice hash it lacks, differs from bit to bit but the stuff I been getting has either been clayish or just too dry. Lack of oils, resin’s is so noticeable it’s not cool.
I hope everyone is good, bless up.

As a bubbler - personal use only - I find that technique & timing really alter the final product. Clay-like hash was not sifted properly. If your trich heads are mostly 73u - 45u, you should throw out the 25u. Many makers don't because it is extra volume and it does get you high - but it does corrupt the hash. On the moisture front, I am discovering that that is almost an art. Too dry & you get a rock & too wet will get you mould. Anyways, enough about bubbling.

Thanks for the updates, guys. :rasta:

meltybubble

Thanks for the input, I should have written commercial. No issues with my own, my bags are like 20 year old maybe a bit less. Quality bags, can’t wait for a new set some day soon I hope.
greetz

meltybubble

That's the best resin from last week's escape to the North Sea when we stopped by in A'dam. Documented this trip here. Subpar pictures below as usual[also one showing the Dam getting 'crowdy' again]

Gear is oilish-crumbly coming with this so typical paper-thin shiny-blackish skin for those grades[one could see this well on the left piece of this variant] which when opened up shows it's sorta whitish interior. As usual these days with higher grades one can spot tiny clusters of trichomes just per eye[similar to clusters of sugar]let alone under the pocket microscope. Packs quite a punch, especially bodywise ; cutter material here at work. Strong taste which could be more rounded as with so often with those grades[sorta splitting hairs here though] is fruity to some degree but particularly not different from many other strains of those new high grades with foreign genetics.

By the way forgot to mention in my previous post, especially this one here and many similar qualities[also those whatever filtered ones]all carry this certain basic taste which is sorta cinnamonic-lemony if that makes sense to anyone. While this is no bad point at all the better ones indeed reminding of some genetics[haze/kush] but I rarely had ones yet tasting of a strain.

Otherwise only have seen usual mid-grades at home and prices only go down very slowly if at all ; still not sure how this will change when border situation will be better everywhere. Drop in price or what else to expect? Time will tell again.

@Meltybubble

That's my impression with tumbling since ages, too. Funny you brought up that comparison with hashish producers as I heard a similar argument the last time in the early 1990ies when some people moaned about the heavy wave of Dutch indoor grass around Europe and that this would be so anti-social towards poor farmers in the Rif or Himalaya
and all that which I to some point agree with but would prefer peaceful coexistence between both products but in the end it seems the customer rules, especially price/performance ratio and most of them want a powerful product for their buck sadly. Also agree with your approach and what you have stated in the other thread recently.
Still the bubble test is handy and I rarely came across bubbling(though it is relatively easy to fake in my humble opinion)nor melting bad gear though again the proof is in the pudding as discussed often here in this thread before.
Had so tasty genuine Moroc in the past which hardly bubbled at all but was a lovely overall product[though never respectively rarely had very strong gear if there was no bubbling]. Above all in recent years the smell is a good measure in my humble opinion but hard to explain and more a matter of experience as one must have smelt original resin before(also not so easy to fake me thinks).

By the way that myth about high respectively top grade having to be soft seems so indestructible and personally so annoying especially these days with most of the mids being soft some people smoked too much soapbar in their life unfortunately.
There would be much more to say but these are just my two cents.

Last but not least Frenchy Cannoli released some 'Research on aging hashish' sorta recently. If anyone didn't know about this yet worth a look.

I watched and listened to a farmer show Franco, RIP, the old rub tech. High grade when rubbed won’t leave a trace on the other finger. Nice not having too tho ;)