What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

I think everything now coming to the UK is mostly just these mid grade blocks, the standard has been set and people are willing to buy it, they're a decent smoke but none of them seem to have much character or any different buzz about them.

Even one of the guys I know who used to get a few nice grades of moroc like iceolator and gardella etc etc is mostly getting these same soft blond blocks now.

Seen some bars that had the label "free the weed" it just looked the same as everything else, soft blond with a bit of fragrance, there isn't much bubbling when held to a flame with these blocks either, I'd like to know wtf is in it, I guess a lot of plant matter but what ever the formula it does look pretty good to the untrained eye and doesn't smoke like soapbar.

I also haven't seen any eggs of a high quality for at least 2 years, seen some but they about a year ago but they just didn't seem the same as I remember.

I think whoever is making these commercial blocks is just making a product with the same strength as weed to compete with that market when they could be producing a far superior product.

Is there anywhere I can send samples of these blocks that can test their content?

Leaf pulvirised and henna and bud to add smell and hit and wax

sandsmp81

Veteran
Leaf pulvirised and henna and bud to add smell and hit and wax

Those sort of impurities like henna are not in this, its definitely got plant matter in it but it is far from soapbar or that other blond rock hard rubbish in long flat plates you get nowadays.

It's a decent dry sift that I think they might just be using the highest micron screen to get the most product from the plant and some other additives maybe, I've heard of oil being used but I don't know how well that would mix with kief.

It tastes good and smokes very clean but it is not of the highest quality due to what I think is mostly plant matter hopefully, I don't know what the formula is so I'd like to get some samples tested as it's an interesting product, I want to know exactly what's in it.

It's good enough to compete with the bud market and that's what I think the importers have settled for when choosing the product.

mack 10

Veteran
I think everything now coming to the UK is mostly just these mid grade blocks, the standard has been set and people are willing to buy it, they're a decent smoke but none of them seem to have much character or any different buzz about them.

Even one of the guys I know who used to get a few nice grades of moroc like iceolator and gardella etc etc is mostly getting these same soft blond blocks now.

Seen some bars that had the label "free the weed" it just looked the same as everything else, soft blond with a bit of fragrance, there isn't much bubbling when held to a flame with these blocks either, I'd like to know wtf is in it, I guess a lot of plant matter but what ever the formula it does look pretty good to the untrained eye and doesn't smoke like soapbar.

I also haven't seen any eggs of a high quality for at least 2 years, seen some but they about a year ago but they just didn't seem the same as I remember.

I think whoever is making these commercial blocks is just making a product with the same strength as weed to compete with that market when they could be producing a far superior product.

Is there anywhere I can send samples of these blocks that can test their content?

This is my gripe too.
Mid grade soft press.

Looks like someone big come up with a new recipe.
Saw some the other day,
Kinda looked like cardboard but was soft.

Palm oil +filler = mids that some think is choice.

Also not seen good eggs in at least year an half.
Was due in Morocco about now but Covid gone f'd it up.

mr.haze420

Veteran
real moroc prices here went through the roof, if you can find any, lots of the dutch weed/block hash, many types and qualities, i do not smoke it !!!!!

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Yeah Mrhaze420, its been real hard to find decent pieces to smoke at the moment, and the private stash is only getting smaller. Prices went up 15 to 30 % , and as you say most is that modern stuff i dont smoke. Somthing that went for 6 to 7 before march now goes for 8 to 9 and you got to be lucky to find a decent batch.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
My sources are still dry here in Canada. Only one online outlet seemingly offering 26 varieties of Imported Hash . . . Mazar Sharif, Ketama Gold, Golden Triangle, Kabul . . . etc. I have not bought from them. I wonder where it is made?

picture.php

Bought some amnesia haze x critical mass weed. half oz amazing smell and resin bought another half this time i beleive shaved and sprayed up with silica resin glands squigly no heads lots and lots of them no stone and cant breathe after smoking it.uk but from spanish dealers .they say they have callemeros 10g eggs yeah i bet from plants fuck them getting nowt now.

sandsmp81

Veteran
This is my gripe too.
Mid grade soft press.

Looks like someone big come up with a new recipe.
Saw some the other day,
Kinda looked like cardboard but was soft.

Palm oil +filler = mids that some think is choice.

Also not seen good eggs in at least year an half.
Was due in Morocco about now but Covid gone f'd it up.

This is what I'm talking about, the colour you described is bang on and the texture, it's some formula that I think they have just made it strong enough to try and compete with the weed game.

I don't know that many that choose it over weed apart from the older heads, they're happy that it's not soapbar at least.

You'd think they would produce a product far superior to green, then there would be more demand.

I guess just makes more money when you produce more blocks of a lesser grade.

real moroc prices here went through the roof, if you can find any, lots of the dutch weed/block hash, many types and qualities, i do not smoke it !!!!!

I know Sir that you're a real connoisseur and want the real deal, my friends said the same about good Maroc prices and not much seems to be coming to the UK.

It seems for the time being they have started to buy the cheaper blocks as that's all that's available, but it concerns me that they have settled for this and it's created a steady market for mid grade product.

Do you think that more of the quality product is being kept for Spain? Spain has become a big cannabis destination and they're the first port of call from the source, they're a big country with a lot of consumers.

sandsmp81

Veteran
My sources are still dry here in Canada. Only one online outlet seemingly offering 26 varieties of Imported Hash . . . Mazar Sharif, Ketama Gold, Golden Triangle, Kabul . . . etc. I have not bought from them. I wonder where it is made?

View Image

When I see these photos I always wonder if it's the real deal, they just look too good to be true, I know there are plenty of good hashes being produced in various countries, but the stores that have them always seem to be online.

Some of the names are a bit exotic, I wonder if some is just low grade border hash, but of course they could have buyers of quality product at source.

Do you have dispensaries in Canada that stock hash or just weed? I don't know how it works in your country, I don't even know the legal situation correctly.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Do you have dispensaries in Canada that stock hash or just weed? I don't know how it works in your country, I don't even know the legal situation correctly.

We have both legal hash & the black market. The legal market has been slow with concentrates since our cannabis legalization in 2018. With the exception of one or two legal producers, both flower & hash is over-priced & poorly made. There is hope because one producer launched what I would consider real hash about 3 months ago although it is 20% more $s than anything else. Legal is purchased online through gov't stores or in person at legal cannabis retailers.

The black market is still alive, now operating online or through Instagram delivery or storefronts in native reserves (Indigenous People’s . . . ?) The black market has had the usual suspects – Maroc, Leb, Afghan, Nepal – over the last few years but everything I have tried is mid-grade at best. I don’t really know if its Country of Origin was real but the taste & smell & texture were mostly spot on. Lately though (since Covid), imports in the black market have been drying up with the vendor that I screenshot above being the last one standing with ‘traditional’ hash. I suspect that much of it isn’t real. Or it is just slab knocked out in Spain or Morocco with fancy gold stamps to make it sound impressive.

mack 10

Veteran
Can get the good good but have to order fiftys plus
and higher if poss.
which is about 49 too much for me.
lmao.

re, the Canadian hash menu.
i would say its illegal, to light grey area..lol
for a start non of those hash producing regions have
any deals with anyone.
its all still illegal.
buyer beware.

also i think that Spain has def sucked up all the good grades of Hash.
there is some nice traditional , like the shoe, being produced in between
all this modern stuff.

but like i said its either large ordrers, higher price
and they can prob make more money more easy in spain.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can get the good old school ? , i doubt it as its near extinct.
Ive got guys who will take the 49 ? , make the phone call if its the old school.

You sure the shoe is still around ? , im sure that's the last of the old batches from a few years back.

Impossible to find the old school
I picked this up last week , new school but not bad for new school, but nothing like any of the classic Caramelo, Shoe etc etc

I really miss the Caramelo even though i have 30 grams saved for special occasions, im going to make it last me 10 years only coming out at Birthdays, Christmas, new years eve and of course 420

Can get the good good but have to order fiftys plus
and higher if poss.
which is about 49 too much for me.
lmao.

re, the Canadian hash menu.
i would say its illegal, to light grey area..lol
for a start non of those hash producing regions have
any deals with anyone.
its all still illegal.
buyer beware.

also i think that Spain has def sucked up all the good grades of Hash.
there is some nice traditional , like the shoe, being produced in between
all this modern stuff.

but like i said its either large ordrers, higher price
and they can prob make more money more easy in spain.

Attachments

• IMG_20201023_233139_740.jpg
    IMG_20201023_233139_740.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20201023_233139_739.jpg
    IMG_20201023_233139_739.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 62

mack 10

Veteran
the batch i tried was bang on the shoe from mr.h.
but in egg form or blocks not soles.

traditional and modern both avalible.
these guys rocking tracters to bring the harvest in.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Make the phone call then ?
We will take it all if it really is the old school and bang on the shoe , nice drink in it for you to
the batch i tried was bang on the shoe from mr.h.
but in egg form or blocks not soles.

traditional and modern both avalible.
these guys rocking tracters to bring the harvest in.

sandsmp81

Veteran
We have both legal hash & the black market. The legal market has been slow with concentrates since our cannabis legalization in 2018. With the exception of one or two legal producers, both flower & hash is over-priced & poorly made. There is hope because one producer launched what I would consider real hash about 3 months ago although it is 20% more $s than anything else. Legal is purchased online through gov't stores or in person at legal cannabis retailers.

The black market is still alive, now operating online or through Instagram delivery or storefronts in native reserves (Indigenous People’s . . . ?) The black market has had the usual suspects – Maroc, Leb, Afghan, Nepal – over the last few years but everything I have tried is mid-grade at best. I don’t really know if its Country of Origin was real but the taste & smell & texture were mostly spot on. Lately though (since Covid), imports in the black market have been drying up with the vendor that I screenshot above being the last one standing with ‘traditional’ hash. I suspect that much of it isn’t real. Or it is just slab knocked out in Spain or Morocco with fancy gold stamps to make it sound impressive.

Yes I follow quite a few Instagram accounts where they produce high quality hash at source, so it definitely exists.
I'm just a bit suspicious of these online vendors.

Some of those gold stamped hashes do look like low quality border hash though, but of course I could be wrong.

mack 10

Veteran
Looking good karma. Bet it tastes great?
did it have any of that Nepalise smell/ taste we all love?
or a more modern twist?

Last edited: