What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway

King Hassan

picture.php

@[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NotYourSaviour[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks
[/FONT]

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
They don't usually decarb anything in hash producing countries, samples tested show thca, cbd etc etc etc in them, I'm sure there's plenty of hash test results if you Google it.
In a couple of hash producing countries they sometimes use heat to make hash so some form of decarboxylation may occur but Morocco is one of the biggest hash producers and they mostly dry sieve.

I'm sorry I meant to put "degraded" the myrcene not "decarbed"

NotYourSaviour

'Türk spesiyalite denemek istermisiniz?'

'Türk spesiyalite denemek istermisiniz?'

Back from another crusade in the name of holy resin. Visited some coffeeshops along the way and coincidentally

Turkish springs to mind

back then as mentioned in my previous post but more precice while looking at a menu where it was listed among high grade hashish.
After some hesitation due to things I already mentioned as well in my previous post I ordered some without expecting much, again due to things said above.

Since I take new stuff seriously I waited to try this as a wake and bake[very low physical tolerance]. Resinous more of a dark hard pressed piece and muted if minty smell.
Even bubbled decently and looked suprisingly nice enough under the scope for what it is. Still 'not ticking all the boxes' hashish to me but ambivalently in this case it pretty much was the turkish equivalent to a high grade classic Moroc of very similar handle.

While the taste was clearly noticeable my insufficient palate detected a wild mix of traces of mint, pine, spice and even cacao. High was pretty much of a creeper but in the end still weak on the mind and relaxing enough on the body, in a bong on a different occassion as well - another 'cbd high' keeping one alert particularly without much of tiredness when wearing off ; so similar to said type of Moroc but a bit weaker.

Despite the somewhat letdown in terms of high( still consuming to get high not to get occupied with consuming nor trying to get high ; each to their own but I still don't want to 'function' if you know what I'm driving at.)it was the best Turkish all in all I ever encountered.

Only had much lower grades in the past every now and then though and while again not an expert regarding Turkish I'd say this indeed was a high grade as advertised not something someone exhumed as stored in the basement or attic since ages[considering current problematic pandemic situation], though a more commercial one.

Lovely gear to try, am grateful, and typically landrace stuff it seems but I hope this won't be the new substitute for some proper resin from the Rif for a while as it seems this certain batch is doing it's rounds across the country but doubt that as exports from Turkey are more a rarity in the last decades, also counting in their current pseudo-religious madman being in charge over there not too interested in such 'haram stuff', let alone the general prosecution over there and strict laws apart from industrial hemp in the last decades reported to me by locals since decades. Who knows in the end though?

While we're on it of course I again tried to find out about current hashish drought and spoke to some people there.
Still prices for some Morocs are ashamingly high and most of the people in business are pessimistic, one Moroc told me lockdown there according to his family in Morocco lasts until April, 2021 supposedly. Psychics again, anyone, l o l?
General quality was a bit meh though as despite what was sold as high grade was still nice enough though one could notice they were remarkably less strong and tasty but often sold for nearly the same price as before.
All types shown in the pictures are what I'm on about and while looking nice enough they lacked something and with a choice not something I prefer ; in fact I didn't find anything I was really satisfied with and they are almost came across dodgy but I guess they're just bordering(?)hard on being a good mid grade sold as high grade[which again would be a hidden price increase then].
This dilemma also has to do with the foreign genetic ones often can't keep their promises first glance considered ; I mentioned that before in the past.
Also around here there just turnt up a fresh delivery from Morocco ; even got told from which route it supposedly came from. Riddiculously enough labelled with a sticker stating 'Marihuana', oh my, l o l.
That stuff is a more blonde one and clearly nice enough mid grade, price was relatively ok as well ; almost back to usual prices considering pandemic situation.
Also met one of my favourite sources and this one is well connected but unfortunately not often around as too busy since ages, however also dry regarding high grades ; also again got this impact[bust]confirmed having to do with the situation as well as Sandsmp81 mentioned the other day.
I'd wish said high grades[strength/still more intense taste] I purchased would come with the taste profile of the Turkish one but again one can't have it all.
Fingers crossed changes in terms of high quality coming soon but it still doesn't look good.

Picture #1-3: Turkish
Picture #4: opened up Turkish at centre, supposedly Moroccan high grades with foreign genetics to the left and right. The left one was one of the best this trip though, another 'Critical'.
Picture#5: other[3]high grades with foreign genetics supposedly from Morocco, the one on the left was also quite lovely for those crazy pandemic times at the minute.

wnhAxXA.jpg

FCWKOIh.jpg

BQPzaPi.jpg

UnymKd9.jpg

1rR4Kjz.jpg

@Dimodz

Enjoy again! I always like to see the interiour of a batch though, too; )

mack 10

Veteran
Had the opportunity to go to the Dam once again with some mates for a spontaneous overnighter. Posted a report here.
Below is the best foreign genetics one I could find this visit. Despite it should be obvious qualitywise to some degree and very good it's still not the holy grail to me or shit.
Quite strong and tasty 'like some very pronounced grass' if that makes sense.
Supposedly 'double filtered as well as static filtered in Morocco'. Had to put up another picture of current Dam but even though not much shown change there city indeed was more crowdy.
[FONT=&quot]View Image[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]View Image[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]View Image[/FONT]

Also got introduced to a private source longer in the trade on site I haven't met yet(what ever that means)who swore its merchandise is coming from its home country Morocco doesn't matter if traditional or not but certainly not at all at the minute and it's from stock here.
This person had a relatively wide range of resins which is in my experience not what I'm looking for as why selling different grades when a few very good ones are unrivaled more or less ; though a few standouts were offered but nothing I haven't had before elsewhere.

Despite that some other places were visited and discussions started with people met along the way as usual.

So conclusion: again, there is a problem with certain grades from Morocco but nonetheless there is seemingly enough Moroc with foreign genetics around. Though I still think that the Netherlands due to tolerated coffeeshop infrastructure is a bit different than the rest of Europe except for Spain/Portugal and Denmark – by the way what's the situation in Christiania and the like now? I can imagine not that different View Image

At two not so unpopular coffeeshops it was even the case that members of the staff told us all their current hash labelled as Moroccan on the menu is produced in Spain and the other worker from the other coffeeshop talked about that some foreign genetic one was still laying around obviously but some items off the menu are produced in the Netherlands and again labelled as from Morocco.

My personal opinion is that I doubt that they produce this much in the Netherlands as a good potion even of the grass sold there is now coming from Spain for various reasons(raised prosecution by the officials in the last decade is one among others)
since a while.
The other opinion about 'all from Spain' is judged by look and smell also not true probably.

There is a problem obtaining some grades but at the minute there is not so much of a problem with the foreign genetics or lower grade ones.

Riddiculously one person mentioned at an other shop they still sell the stock from foreign genetics they obtained and stored a few years ago. Not sure about that one but could be – as my freezer is one of my best mates as having a propensity to hoard myself for personal use only – true in some cases.

Other very trusted owners/managers/whoever[no names to protect the guility nor advertise them too much]took time to explain current disaster and pointed out only a little bit reaches Europe at the minute and farmers waiting for a change.

It's interesting that one or two other reliable persons mentioned they don't produce at all in Morocco too and the authorities stopped working with them and shut several routes due to international fight against Covid19.

Also the environmental problem with water supply and overproduction which readers of this thread should be aware of anyway was mentioned as well as they are now switching to the adapted strains on site in opposite to the foreign genetic ones from Usa/Europe as they need too much attention when it comes to nutrients and indeed water – all three points Jayd on here mentioned as well.
Nice to see that confirmed by them without approaching them on that at all.

Some others also confirmed about the hash produced in Spain but this is really often low grade and full of plant matter. Got them shown finally and have seen it uncounsciously myself before I realised then: more or less unpressed and smelling of very generic grass, dull high.

Even sold at usually greedy coffeeshops for 'cheap'.

Most of them were unsure about what happens next and tendentially pessimistic that it will change soon.

So all in all no news at all but a bit of clarification from other authorities.

Time will tell again.

By the way still not interested in most stuff from Asia hashwise as explained often in this thread(beside often talking about the same old shit over and over again anyway)but I still saw it listed at some shops but my focus was on the Rif as usual!

@Sandsmp81

Cheers! Sorry about your guy selling the exceptional stuff went dry, sounds interesting as I would like to try Russian hashish but on the other hand stuff arriving in Europe from other markets is almost every time very expensive and more often than not low grade in my experience(Turkish springs to mind but haven't seen this since more than a decade and back then low grade), though 'hey it's from whereever and I got a taste of it, if true or not'.

I recommend overrated coffeeshops Katsu and Kashmir for such rip-offs if you find yourself in Amsterdam at one point and fancy some placebos.

I hear you on the 'clouds the mind' and other cock-and-bull stories from Moroccans[ While I know what they mean I always ask myself if their refered landrace gear gets them sober instead of high? As I pointed out in the past often the high grade of this type is indeed quite clear on the mind to the point I'm sometimes joking about 'cbd highs' but nonetheless it is a high but far away from its potential ; still I like the traditional a bit more if done right and potent but am up for proper quality every time ].

Hear them since ages from Maghreb people, Arabs, Turks, Iranians and Indians around here. Apart from that I find most of them seem to have great respect when it comes to hashish. Hilarious stories I heard about how to use it and what it can do to you – as said hilarious and this is saying me someone who can't stand the demonisation nor gloryfication of this drug.

In my experience in these countries despite the much longer cultural use than here in Europe the people seemingly are less informed about benefits and risks and are somewhat in awe about it[to cut a very long story short].

Which isn't necessarily bad in my opinion and I still have great respect for it too though probably with an amateurish semi-scientific approach rather than esoteric/mystical ones.

Saying that I always wonder why a lot of the nations mentioned I met either having to do with trade or just consumers don't have a high tolerance often despite many consume every day respectively all day long.

Had hilarious experiencies when smoking with them and they got very, very stoned often while I consume a lot less in general so I take it due to respect they obviously never went past their limits[not to forget this drug fuels imagination big time] experiencewise which is a bummer as one is learning a lot though it, even from bad experiencies or they indeed did and fancy a not full potential high but each to their own, right?

Of course in the end it is no childish competition who consumes the most rather than pure individual enjoyment. I remember one Moroccan dealer smoking since thirty years around here who advised me not to smoke bongs as he once tried and almost went crazy ; though I can imagine what was meant. And that guy wasn't the only one coming up with those advises and such.

In the end it at least shows how powerful this drug is if it isn't just abused for what ever reason.

By the way the bust you mentioned I didn't know about for several reasons but again I'm just a consumer though I heard from a reliable person all this social media bullshit is an old hat as near the top of the food chain they work with satellite phones , also encrypted – though let me get away with it if you mean the same as it is of not much interest to me.

Not to forget: enjoy your delivery!

@TheReverrend

Good summary, cheers. I'd add that today there are supposed to be farms respectively a part of the crop soley dedicated to producing Kif as you put it as it seems a good bunch of Moroccan people still consume this(personally: I'm good thanks but again each to their own)as they preach the old saying I heard around here from moroccan people as well and is nothing new as well as probably also cited in this thread, sorta: 'Kif is for the wise, hashish for the fools'.

It's also cheap and hashish is too expensive for common people there.

Since the majority of farmers seemingly never cared about open pollination until maybe recent years their original landrace of what ever genetics[maybe that one was exterminated when westerers turnt up or indeed crossed with seeds they brought over the decades] was there ages ago before hashish culture was indeed established there, now Kif plant as you put it, is probably indeed not the same anymore.
Nonetheless Kif as a product is still produced there for the locals even around here some import this on a low scale for local Moroccan communities.

I take it as mentioned by others and myself elsewhere Berber culture I know from first hand from around here and historically also is a somewhat closed circle and very strong against foreign influences[no offence intended] so I guess they stick to traditions before western people came over a lot.
Just speculation again though.

@Speula / Dimodz

You guys enjoy your gear as well of course!

They are most definitely making hash in Morocco.
I have seen the pics of this year's harvest and the plants it came from.
Some is made in Spain too as they are growing alot these days but mostly for flower/bud.

MickTheBrag

hash

hash

just heard on the news there was a ship off the coast of spain busted with 35 tons of hash on board.
it says its the biggest bust of hash the spanish police have had. it tells us one thing the hash is on the move again. import hash for christmas hopefully. :comfort:

sandsmp81

Veteran
Always enjoy reading your posts @NotYourSaviour

In near 30 years of smoking I've still never tried Turkish hash, got offered some once in Turkey about 20 years ago, but it looked sort of green and I was paranoid I'd end up in a police sting (think I've watched midnight express too many times).

jayd

i managed to get a couple slabs earlier. new school dutch genetic maroc. prices wasnt cheap roughly 15% more than i was paying 6 months ago but such short supply about at moment . 1 was called vlad putin and has a sticker of putin on a horse HAHA nice soft and oily. the other was RS something carnt remember. il do some pics tomorrow. waiting on some rolex slabs this weekend as well

i managed to get a couple slabs earlier. new school dutch genetic maroc. prices wasnt cheap roughly 15% more than i was paying 6 months ago but such short supply about at moment . 1 was called vlad putin and has a sticker of putin on a horse HAHA nice soft and oily. the other was RS something carnt remember. il do some pics tomorrow. waiting on some rolex slabs this weekend as well

Rolex heard good reports thats about it for me.i use to get constant hash in geordie land.some cracking hash early days all 200g bars then 100g which was good supply and gave me a wage .

Its all about who you know and because ive been in the closet for years ive lost all contacts as i made my own .hash is a great buisniss if the flow is there.

mack 10

Veteran
Heard some rumers of some nice hash making its way UK'ward from this year's harvest.
Fingers crossed it doesn't go the way of the 35tonnes.
That was not a good Xmas pressie
For all us heads hoping for something nice to smoke.

NotYourSaviour

If you know you know

If you know you know

Back from A'dam and oily piece shown below is the best traditional one from Morocco by a mile. Amateurish pictures as usual but doing the gear justice(funnily I refered to this very type when I reviewed the Turkish in my previous post).
Hard hashish coming with a galaxy of trichomes when opened up and shiny exterior ; taste profile is sorta focussed on pine and spice. Lovely enough effects relaxing the body while providing a blissful mental state.
All in all needless to say it‘s that category of 'ticking all the boxes' again, though had a tad better batches but would be more than happy if Santa would bring some.

On a side note I can tell there was much less traffic this time again and mostly terrible dreary weather.
A bit less time available to visit all intended ones for some reasons this time but luckywise we didn't need to visit too many places to find some quality.
Though nothing changed at all in regards to new imports from Morocco. Still half of the places blaming the other half talking shit as well as pretending they offer new imports while just mislabelling as usual.
What I see is a sheer overabundance of mostly mid grades supposedly from Morocco with foreign genetics or locally produced stuff from Spain and Nederland.
All in all nothing new so to speak.
At home also very recent was offered a blackish lump of 'Amnesia Lemon Limited Edition' which probably again was the stupid sticker on the slab. Very flowery smell and pricewise okish ; taste was there but not an interesting high so in the end another mid grade.
This and the gear I mentioned in my previous post are of that type nowadays which is falling apart when handled, one can't even form a ball but 'hey, it's soft, mate', yes:biglaugh:!
By the way forgot to mention this in my previous post as well: stuff from Lebanon is still around on menus though luckywise not overrepresented as merely mid grade as well.

WZwyMQV.jpg

WsiGMcN.jpg

Q4coRSv.jpg

KyFs0KG.jpg

@Sandsmp81

Cheers, at least someone is reading them then, l o l! May some Turkish cross your way someday! The experience in Turkey you reported about is then better safe than sorry I'd say. Many Turks I know warned against this.
While we're on it as we had a similar topic some posts back: while I know lots of Turks of all ages the majority of the smoking weed but only a few do hashish. When it comes to Moroccan people[though also Tunisians and Algerians)it is vice versa[except maybe in the Netherlands]. The same goes to some degree with people from Lebanon, Syria or Iran.
I take it in Turkey they also - similar to India and 'ganja' - had a strong culture with weed(though Morocs had 'Kief', question upon questions). Just my random two cents about pseudo sociology but I noticed this a lot especially as Ethnicities[Maghreb region and others] mentioned grow up in other countries as Turks too but stick to hash while weed is overly available.

@Jayd

Cheers. Is this the 'new school dutch generic maroc' you refered to at first shown in you picture? What is the interior looking like? I prefer this to some random slabs.
What type of quality is it?

@MickTheBrag / Mack10

I strongly doubt those 35 tons were quality and hopefully only sacrified for a much better run having gone through(but again I also doubt this looking at those numbers, l o l).
So let's agree on hopefully infrastructure regarding imports is semi-working until the end of the year again! Fingers crossed to all of you!

jayd

@notyoursaviour
that pic is the vlad putin slab. i had another 1 as well. both had pics on. i carnt say 100% if its maroc grown/made buts its not traditional maroc. vlad putin is softer and more oily out of the 2. ive been too busy to try either but couple friends really like it. before lockdown i got a slab of amnesia lemon and it was very black and oily but i wasnt sure of it. i make rosin for a friend and have made with various slabs before and the amnesia lemon seemed very thin rosin and it was a nightmare to gather the rosin as it just didnt stick together like any others so perhaps some sort of filler mixed in with it.

vlad putin

foto omzetten naar jpg online

another

foto omzetten naar jpg online

sandsmp81

Veteran
I think everything now coming to the UK is mostly just these mid grade blocks, the standard has been set and people are willing to buy it, they're a decent smoke but none of them seem to have much character or any different buzz about them.

Even one of the guys I know who used to get a few nice grades of moroc like iceolator and gardella etc etc is mostly getting these same soft blond blocks now.

Seen some bars that had the label "free the weed" it just looked the same as everything else, soft blond with a bit of fragrance, there isn't much bubbling when held to a flame with these blocks either, I'd like to know wtf is in it, I guess a lot of plant matter but what ever the formula it does look pretty good to the untrained eye and doesn't smoke like soapbar.

I also haven't seen any eggs of a high quality for at least 2 years, seen some but they about a year ago but they just didn't seem the same as I remember.

I think whoever is making these commercial blocks is just making a product with the same strength as weed to compete with that market when they could be producing a far superior product.

Is there anywhere I can send samples of these blocks that can test their content?

Last edited: