What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amber in 15 minutes from cutting

jump117

Veteran
Jump_Amber in 15 minutes from cutting

I washed fresh bud covered with trichs just cutted from plant in pure grain alcohol (spirit)

the material ive got as result is similar to BHO made from buds

it remindes me more amber then oil or honey
it's solid state brittle material
at room temperature it's not sticky and even not plastic at all
being heated with fire it melts

Fresh plant material is full of water keeping in its cells
i think that's why spirit has no way to achieve inner parts of plant body
and cannot solve chlorofill and others
spirit wipes some water from fresh plant material and weaks,
but at this moment trichs are already disolved in it

So that's what I did:
-put bud and small amount of spirit in small mason jar,
-turn it upside-down several times to wash the bud
-separate solution from plant material with stainless steel strainer
-evaporate alcohol in a double boiler, using saucepan covered with a soup plate as an evaporation bowl.
-collect from plate with razor blade

Result is light yellow colour - no any green at all!

you may repeat the procedure several times and waste empty bud
or remain the rest of solution on the clean bud for next generation user

At room temperature the material is hard to collect from the plate, it's tough
It's better to collect when the plate is still hot, but already handle

This method is not dangerous, not toxic, no need to dry the plant material, no filters and
It takes 15 minutes after cutting bud from plant!

Jump!

Last edited:
sounds interesting, i'm waiting on a some trim to dry right now. i might just try this. i really like iso. i was thinking of doing a dry sift this time to give that a shot.

how's it smoke?

same taste?

jump117

Veteran
Hi, Stke_fingas!

I didn't try this method with trim, but imo it works really good with fresh juicy material, not dry.

Dry material is open for solution, but doesn't contain anything good for us. And it dusts.

I use non-smoking delivery like DIY vaporizer based on soldering station "Lukey-702".

The plant smells very strong (Californian_Orange_Bud x K2), much stronger then it’s mother,
but the product has very poor smell and taste, practically nothing.

Activity is VeryBest.

jump117

Veteran
Hi, JBIG420 !
Sorry, no pictures. I see no any reason to post pictures. It looks like bud bho. What else? Proof?
Take a risk of loosing one ripe bud, 50g of pure spirit ( Ethanol, C2H6O ) and 15 minutes of time,
and you'll have your own pictures.
Jump.

Not done washing with wet buds and any alcohol. now i gotta do it see what happens.

anyone else have any experience with washing wet buds?

jump117

Veteran
Hi!

I washed fresh just cutted trim in pure ethanol in 3 minutes. Solution was very light green.
After water bath and collecting the substance achieved was brown and little plastic.

Microscope shows that after fresh ethanol washing:
- there is no thichs remain on trim,
- some trichs remain on bUds, mostly -dark amber, less -milky.

Jump.

mosfetti

I had a mortuary black result, starting from an emerald green solution (I used fresh cuts in 95% ethanol for 2/3 days)
I suggest to do a quickwash, 15-20 sec to obtain a more amber like, and probably better quality product.

BubsNugs

think his point is he is using fresh material.
Intresting thought probally a better way to get a nice smoke from fresh plant material then doin some crappy quick dry method. cool gotta love a lil stoner ingenuity :)

Peace

melvin2

this is not exactly the same thing as quickwash ISO.

I'm going to give this a shot with fresh and dried material using PGA and ISO

Sounds like he's getting better finished product with PGA and freshly cut material, than other solvents

Last edited:

jump117

Veteran
..a better way to get a nice smoke from fresh plant material then doin some crappy quick dry method.
Peace
Yes. Thank you.
The point is in the title.
It's instead of quick dry or quick fermentation that gives quick smoke of bad quality.
I found it to myself in harvest time after multiple fingers washes with ethanol.
Then I decided that fingers are not needed to be resin carrier from bud into ethanol and washed a bud directly.
That is the history of the topic.
Btw in my place I've never seen ISO and never used it.

jump117

Veteran
I declare that here we have more than 15sec exposure time to get brittle quality.
I've prepared one ripe bud and two 20g portions of ethanol to watch two steps dynamic of the process.
First portion wash was 30sec, then to continue I put the bud into second portion and washed 1min more in there.
Now take a look at the result plz.
picture.php

picture.php

Bud after washes
picture.php

Left one is after 30sec wash, right one is about 1min30sec - 2min wash
picture.php

picture.php

Both are brittle
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Melting point is higher than 36,6C (98F) and it takes time to make them plastic in fingers.
picture.php

Bud and its quick amber
picture.php

After the bud will dry I'll bho it.
Jump.

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:D nice man .... what did you use ethanol ... ?? where do i get this stuff ?? i have a shitload of fresh hashplant nuggies and trim :smoke:

Fj

jump117

Veteran
this is not exactly the same thing as quickwash ISO.

I'm going to give this a shot with fresh and dried material using PGA and ISO

Sounds like he's getting better finished product with PGA and freshly cut material, than other solvents

Hey Melvin what is PGA ? plz

Beautful amber, tried doing a wash myself last year but made stupid mistake of putting the wash in a painted bowl, which it promptly stripped...