What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Teflon© Bag Collection Tek, No scraping

foaf

Veteran
This was a thread before but it got corrupted so Ive redone it cause I keep getting PMs about it. Thanks everyone.

So whatever technique you use to make your BHO, or hexane extraction, or QWISO, you end up with your hashoil/solvent mix in this 5 mil teflon specimen bag. You blow the butane through the tube directly into the bag for evaporating and purging.

This is BHO from my honeypot bho system. It looks like this after it has vacuum purged for a day in the bag. You do have to purge it to get it to eventually be hard, you can also put the bag and oil in a warm water bath or on a heating pad. QWISO takes a lot longer to purge for me.

Then you put the Teflon© bag into a regular ziploc, then put them in the freezer. Once cold, just a little crushing with your fingers through the bag, and its like peanut brittle and doesnt stick to the bag.

but I used this opener to roll over it and it turned to powder, and poured freely into my container that was also cold.

And after it warms back up. 9.5 grams here.

The best sources for teflon bags seem to be this one, but you can find small ones on ebay, they use them for cooking.http://www.welchfluorocarbon.com/TeflonPFAFEPModifiedPTFELayFlatBags.htm

Also, note that genkisan, in a previous thread on the issue, had posted this statement "If ANY Teflon gets into your mix, even a tiny particle you cannot really see, it WILL KILL YOU" and with that note strewn in my original thread, I killed it cause I was pissed off. What genkisan was referring to, is that if you burn teflon at high temperatures, it gives off toxic fumes. Fair enough. But by the same token, if you burn the plastic that ziploc bags are made of, it gives off toxic fumes yet you don't think twice about putting your pot or hash in a ziploc. So.... don't smoke the teflon.

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
purging, in general, is getting your solvent out of the oil. you can do it with heat, or just time and fresh air exposure, or if you have a setup of some type and can put the fresh oil under a vacuum, you can vacuum purge. Ive been making oil using a closed system with all sorts of unnecessary parts and complexities and a vacuum pump (see honeypot link above). But Ive heard of at least one person who made a vacuum purge system out of a pressure cooker pot, a little mini irrigation valve, and a water bed aspirator system to make a vacuum.

so vacuum purging is just putting your oil in a vacuum environment to hasten the removal of the solvent.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wondered where that thread went. I need to get me more bags. Got a harvest coming up around xmas time, and am in need of some sweet, sweet BHO.

foaf said:
Also, note that genkisan, in a previous thread on the issue, had posted this statement "If ANY Teflon gets into your mix, even a tiny particle you cannot really see, it WILL KILL YOU" and with that note strewn in my original thread, I killed it cause I was pissed off. What genkisan was referring to, is that if you burn teflon at high temperatures, it gives off toxic fumes. Fair enough. But by the same token, if you burn the plastic that ziploc bags are made of, it gives off toxic fumes yet you don't think twice about putting your pot or hash in a ziploc. So.... don't smoke the teflon.

Very informative, good job - but the quoted part above made me laugh my balls off

The fumes from heated aluminum have been linked to Alzheimer's, but who here hasnt smoked out of a altered soda can and one point or another, or who hasnt smoked some oil off a piece of tinfoil in a pinch?

Ahh, the paranoia of some people is quite funny. Did you know that Dihydrogen Monoxide has been found in every form of cancer and in every single tumor? Excessive contact will cause your flesh you fall off, and A overdose on it, will result in a very painful death if not treated almost immediately. And the scariest part? Its EVERYWHERE! We are exposed to it every single day! TONS OF IT!!!

For the fucktards that havent figured it out yet.. dihydrogen monoxide is water, plain and simple h20. Lots of things *CAN* kill you or cause your body harm. Know what you are working with and work Smart and Safe - if you are incapable of that, then put down the pipe and get back to your Linkin' Logs and Legos

Last edited:
That's an interesting idea. I usually freeze the oil in a ceramic bowl, and it has the same effect. Much easier to collect that way.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
GREAT Idea !! And I am certainly gonna give it a shot.

However, this begs the question: Why can't I use a Teflon baking pan?? (and put that in the freezer instead).

It is thin enough to twist and break the resin off without scraping with a blade I would imagine.

Ideas?

Pirate :headbange

foaf

Veteran
that will work fine, just like EasyBake does it. You dont even really need any teflon, the freezing is helpful with glass, when you scrape you get solids flaking up instead of goo. But with the teflon bag you can also crumble it into a hard powder and pour it out to containers, or now I divide it up into tiny small teflon baggies to store and distribute with.

headimonster

im confused a bit - can u just take it fromj the dish (bho method) that you have extracted into and heat that and pour it into teflon? or what???

foaf

Veteran
you can - there are a bunch of ways to mess with it.

but the benefit of the teflon bag is that teflon is solvent resistant so you can just blow the butane/hashoil right into the bag and let it evaporate there and purge there. Then you can chill it, it gets hard, and crush is up, and pour the solid dust into your container.

the only problem with casserole dishes, especially if you are doing a lot, i that its a mess, it sticks to the razors, it sticks to your hands, and then its hard to transfer into the container you plan to store it in. its really nice to get casserole dishes out of the loop, for me.

headimonster

foaf said:
you can - there are a bunch of ways to mess with it.

but the benefit of the teflon bag is that teflon is solvent resistant so you can just blow the butane/hashoil right into the bag and let it evaporate there and purge there. Then you can chill it, it gets hard, and crush is up, and pour the solid dust into your container.

the only problem with casserole dishes, especially if you are doing a lot, i that its a mess, it sticks to the razors, it sticks to your hands, and then its hard to transfer into the container you plan to store it in. its really nice to get casserole dishes out of the loop, for me.

hehh...yeah casserole dishes are a pain - my beautiful girlfriend HATES it - :laughing: she cant stand gettin all sticky and what not - thanx for ur input = im thinkin bout tryin your closed bho method - good job on the design!!! :headbange

:bow: umm so the freezer is the secret, do the hash crystals melt in a room temperature ? can you upload more photos of that crystal hash??? :D :D :D

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
glad to see your stick kickin' it foaf. safe and sound. nice tip on the bags, im going to try some for my next BHO run.

illchemist

Be careful of Teflon. Do not use it to cook with, either. It is known to release perfluorinated octanoic acid (PFOA), which is a persistent organic pollutant. It has been found in people's blood all over the world and is very difficult to get rid of. It can also be transmitted to a child through the mother's milk. It is an environmental hazard and has been linked to developmental problems in children. Much of this info has been suppressed by DuPont.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFOA

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
not another damn teflon fearing homeopath with no practial perspective on teflon in general much less this low temperature use.

you didnt even read your own wikipedia link, and I doubt you are a chemist, I am. PFOA isn't in teflon. It is used in the manufacture. There is no PFOA in Teflon. Stay away from teflon manufacture plants

gimme a break. There are some valid concerns when burning Teflon, wooptee doo. who said anything about burning it or cooking on it.
I mean, guess what, low density polyethylene causes terrible problems if burned and smokes toxic fumes at temperatures much less than teflon. and you store your pot in it all the time. (ziploc bags)

And most houses are plumbed with PVC, its terrible when burned and you can't cook on it, but probably most of the water you have ever drank runs through it.

It sucks to soil a dandy thread with nonsense that isn't pertinent.

And guess what, don't touch your keyboard cause it has plastic that is dangerous to burn or cook on too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts