What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recommend micron for fresh frozen

Hi guys,

So I’m about to run my first batch of fresh frozen material to then press into live rosin.

My question is which size microns should I be using to make a full spectrum live rosin. I have the 8 bag 20 gallon kit. Should I use all of them and then scope the final product to see where the best heads are first? I have a mix of 3 strains. Thanks

nephrosis

Persoanlly, I like to use all 8 bags for the first run then only 3-4 for the last 3 runs.

First run with all 8 bags should be a quick 5-10 min wash. The other washes make sure your more vigorous and make a bigger whirlpool effect.

I like the 25m 73, 90 and 120 for keepers. use the 220 to stop plant material unless you have a bottom drain.

Alot of people will use the 25, 90 and 120 only, with a 220 to stop plant material.

Others will use just the 25, 73 and 120 as the 73 catches everything between 119-73

LizardMan

I have a 8 bag 5 gal kit. I have cut my bags down to just using the...

220(work bag)
160(catches a lot of pistil hairs and dog hairs and some crystal its for edibles)
73(good crystal)
24?( smallest grade, which is good and tasty I find some fresh frozen plants drop off in different amounts and "greasyness")

Ive cut down to 4 bags to save time i also don't clean out the 160 bag till my final wash which could be 3-5 washes depending on each washes drop. I also usually add the last 2 bags to make my final ball.

The more mechanical devices used i find can make more green end up in final product.. I use a wooden spoon a plunger with 1 inch holes drilled out on the sides to cause a rolling effect, 3 - 5 gallon buckets and a hand pump sprayer... Usually get 20-30 grams for 3ish hours of my time from start to finish

This ball is not including about 5 grams of impure 160 resin

20210203_125151.jpg

20210203_125111.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up using all 8 to start then
ended up with just 220,180,120,90,45,25.
however my final product was live rosin and it was my first time doing live and my buddies from Maine said I should of mixed them all together in the end for a full spectrum rosin. I left them separated and some were crumbly and some were gooey. If I mixed them it would’ve been the best of both worlds. But I know for next time what the rosin smokers like. I made my own 30 gallon Brutless tank so I was able to mix about 5k grams at one shot.

Latest posts

Latest posts