What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Extractor - Vitamin E - Thickener - Clear Cut

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-we-know-about-vaping-related-lung-illness-11568194202

This is another article from a big news company that is saying docs thinks its more than one illness and cuase. Not pointing a big finger at vit E acteate. They just dont know yet.

Vit E acetate isnt a fat so cant cause lipoid pneumonia is what I take from reading that F4200 thread. All UT and NY cases were diagnosed with lipoid pneumonia so it seems like it cant be vit e acetate in those cases.

GOJoe/GW can yuou please comment on that if you can? Its a claim some people are making: that vit E acteate is free from fats.

EN.

What are you going to do about the vitamin E situation?

With companies removing their thickeners from their websites, it seems like it's time for a whole new series of tests.

What are your thoughts?

Hi David. i didnt see this post b4 now.

This current vaping issue is being well handled by the cdc and fda from what i can see. They are doing lots of testing. Not so much well handled by some reporters and state agencies though.

my thoughts? I havent looked too far into this issue because im mostly stuck in bed but I would again suggest people read posts by CuriousChemist22 and sirextractalots in this thread: https://future4200.com/t/fake-dank-vapes-warning/33861

Currently there seem to be at least three different illnesses, not just one, and looks like multiple causes, not just one. according to the American Lung Association CMO. The FDA and CDC is also syaing they dont know what it is and no single common factor has been identified. from listening to the fda and cdc last week they were not more worried about vit E acetate than other possible causes.

NY is going after vit E acetae without even finding it as a common factor in their tests. this seems to be more about Gov. Cuomo poll numbers than using good science.

After reading it seems its not at all clear that this is caused by vit E acetate. Some news reports have mentioned how the lung damage looks identical that damage from mineral oil and veg oil.

Now most big time newspapers are shying away from pointing at vit E as the cause. they are now being more responsible and listing to the FDA adn CDC and using good science reporting.

no one knows what the causes are yet. and b/c there are deaths its important to avoid bad science reporting.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Vit E acetate isnt a fat so cant cause lipoid pneumonia is what I take from reading that F4200 thread.

Tocopheryl acetate is more polar than mineral oil but not by much. Even if the E used is the alpha form, I have a feeling that the cheap acetate is synthetic with unnatural orientation - this can't help.

It doesn't matter if the product only kills 1% of the customers and the other 99% survive, or if totally different chemicals are also killing people. If the legit nicotine players with FDA-approved formulations don't use it, take the hint. Every part of the cannabiz gives the plant a bad name. Congratulations, psychopathic capitalist pigs, who don't even know what they don't know.

pnw bb

Tocopheryl acetate is more polar than mineral oil but not by much. Even if the E used is the alpha form, I have a feeling that the cheap acetate is synthetic with unnatural orientation - this can't help.

It doesn't matter if the product only kills 1% of the customers and the other 99% survive, or if totally different chemicals are also killing people. If the legit nicotine players with FDA-approved formulations don't use it, take the hint. Every part of the cannabiz gives the plant a bad name. Congratulations, psychopathic capitalist pigs, who don't even know what they don't know.

i appreciate you adding some very useful info.

im in no way justifying using these products
these guys are cutting bs with bs and its terrible

but when you say "legit nocotine players" & "fda approved"

you dont mention the 1600 people a day dying from smoking

for you yo to use 1 in 99% is also sesational when the deathtoll is at less then 20 total and the volume of these pens consumed on the daily country wide is astonishing

should these people and companies be held accountable ?
fuck yes
but we should not make sensational inflamatory comments

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The one thing we can 100% count on, is that all the ingredients and variables are under scrutiny, so I predict that the FDA will ultimately masterfully take charge and regulate them. Something that would have been de rigueur, had cannabis not been Schedule 3. May I suggest that you pressure your representatives to push the feds for that change?

The FDA Criminal Investigation Division is also poking about, suggesting they are also looking for culprits to hold accountable. If it turns out Drew is one of them, I would say he has his hands full.

The good news, if there can be good news amid death and destruction, is that the denouement will include a safer product for us survivors.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
for you yo to use 1 in 99% is also sesational when the deathtoll is at less then 20 total and the volume of these pens consumed on the daily country wide is astonishing

fuck yes

How many of over a thousand would have died without medical intervention? To imply that I said that the mass vape industry is selling poison or something is sensational and inflammatory. But it's true I was wrong - FDA has not approved anything. By law they're supposed to, but it seems they have not - like the DEA controlling opioid prescription writing and dispensing.

Gry

i appreciate you adding some very useful info.

im in no way justifying using these products
these guys are cutting bs with bs and its terrible

but when you say "legit nocotine players" & "fda approved"

you dont mention the 1600 people a day dying from smoking

fuck yes
I imagine you would feel a little differently if one of the deceased was a loved one.
If you don't make 'inflammatory and sensational comments', exactly how do you expect to see change ?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

Digging in I found this link. What a dousche that dude is IMO. Hellova quote he mad in the article there: "Having a strong sense of common sense and a small amount of intelligence..." Andrew Jones.

https://www.wweek.com/news/2017/08/...s-is-profiting-from-an-invention-he-designed/

That link prompted me to look up that open cannabis genetic mapping project - daymn!!! Messed up stuff here with all the greed.

It is nice to put a face to such a swell guy Mr. Gray Wolf. Interesting article to say the least. Greed and weed seem like oil and water to me.

Last edited:

Drewsif

fuck yes

Its a polar reality. Some things got to offset all the circle jerk blue ribbon for everyone bullshit that's taken over the [literally poisonous] disease causing domestic mersh scene.

I mean who the fuck are these industry people.
Ex meth dealers? ?

None of these hype era xtract clowns has a college degree or consulted with a biologist before buying a bunch of cheap shit from China to sell to brainless morons as natural medicine?

Stupid lazy uneducated opportunistic fucks taking advantage of stupid lazy consumers, let's be sensitive to their struggles! Yeah right!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Digging in I found this link. What a dousche guy that dude is IMO. Hellova quote he mad in the article there: "Having a strong sense of common sense and a small amount of intelligence..." Andrew Jones.

https://www.wweek.com/news/2017/08/...s-is-profiting-from-an-invention-he-designed/

It is nice to put a face to such a swell guy Mr. Gray Wolf. Interesting article to say the least. Greed and weed seem like oil and water to me.

Just from reading that article I want to punch that Jones fella in his shitty face. What a fucking waste of stem cells he is. I hope karma is real.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm betting that karma in the form of the FDA Criminal Investigation Division is already in contact with Drew and his attorney.

Last edited:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Vitamin.E.Public_Health_and_Safety_Advisory_674168_7.pdf

Not sure where to post this. Just more vitamin E news. Found in legal vapes in dispensaries in Michigan.

Yeah there's no reason to expect this to be isolated to the black market, honestly. All of these diluent products have always been in the legal marketplace. I expect more of these to pop up. I will no longer be buying carts unless the owner of the dispensary is honest and can vouch for the product. In my case, that narrows it down to a single dispensary I go to, in Pueblo, where they make their own product (Purplebee Extracts) and the owner seems trustworthy.

DemonTrich

Veteran
Why not source your own distillate from a reputable source. Empty carts (heavy metal free) and Terps can be found easily as well

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ Mostly because I only ever use it for when I'm taking plane trips somewhere. That's the primary usage for that stuff, as far as I'm concerned. Any other time and I want flowers, or maybe full spectrum live resin or something like that, but not distillate.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Vitamin.E.Public_Health_and_Safety_Advisory_674168_7.pdf

Not sure where to post this. Just more vitamin E news. Found in legal vapes in dispensaries in Michigan.

Cereal Cart – 1A4050100001771000000117
 Honey Nut Cherios – Vitamin E detected at 15738 ppm
 Trix – Vitamin E detected at 105 ppm
 Cocoa Puffs – Vitamin E detected at 25693 ppm
 Captain – Vitamin E detected at 15497 ppm
Monopoly Cart – 1A4050100001771000000130
 Grape Soda – Vitamin E detected at 14277 ppm
 Gelato – Vitamin E detected at 156 ppm
Royal Highness Princess Pie – 1A4050100001771000000073
Vitamin E detected at 23470 ppm
Savage Stick Sundae Driver – 1A4050100001771000000136
Vitamin E detected at 60299 ppm

400 IU vitamin E in a supplement is 268 mg (ppm).Concentrations above is a huge overdose and that is vaped.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am no math expert but I believe 0.268 gr is 268 milligrams. PPM can be expressed in volume or mass.

If 60,000 PPM is of 1 gram of product, that is 0.060 gr of contaminant. 400 x 60/268 = about 90 IU which is a lot less than 400. Inhaled is the problem.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The substance is a liquid, so 15497 ppm means that it contains 15.5 g of vitamin E acetate (synthetic btw) per liter (0.264 gallons), which is 15.5 mg/ml.

Latest posts

Latest posts