What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Extract Craft Source Turbo

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
What customer service told you unfortunately is correct. The ExtractCraft equipment is designed to work with clean tinctures, this is how they are tuned. The operational parameters are detailed in the user manual. I'm sorry to say but what you are loading into the machine is far too thick and plant material heavy to allow for even heat dispersion and ethanol phase change. With a normal clean tincture the ethanol is heated by the crucible and the energy is able to escape by evaporating and later collecting in recovery vessel (just like a rotovap). If you put something that is not only carrying far too much oil for a normal run like described in the user manual but also a lot of plant matter collected by doing a hot wash you will create an inversion, working against the heat release process I just described. What that means is the top heavy layer will be a bit cooler and heavy while the crucible delivers heat to evaporate the ethanol, but the ethanol vapor pressure builds under the inversion and continues to build until it has enough power to bust through the heavy and think liquid that was loaded. The best example or image I can give you is the difference of boiling water and boiling pasta sauce. If you heat pasta sauce with too much heat it splatters, same concept. I understand you seem to want to do this your own way using a hot wash, the ISO3, then the Source Turbo but unfortunately that is just not a realistic process. Even with a roto vap you are going to end up with a bumping mess. I'm sure you have your reason for trying to execute the extraction in the method you have chosen but I would kindly advise that it may be quite excessive. You can find some detailed information on the processes of making cleaner and more potent extracts with ethanol on www.extractcrafter.com if you are interested. Otherwise, the only way I can think of to purge the extraction you are currently making would be open air evaporation on a warming pad with a fan? I hope this helps.

Thanks, this explains what I was seeing when I kept adding fresh wash to the concentrate in the crucible: at some point it became too dense at the top layer and all it takes is one "blurp" and its time to rinse everything and start over.

Latest posts

Latest posts